Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU) invites application for the recruitment of Associate Professors with Ph.D, MA/ M.Sc, B.E/B.Tech/ M.E/ M.Tech holders
Company name :Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU)
Posts :Associate Professors
Qualification : Ph.D, MA/ M.Sc, B.E/B.Tech/ M.E/ M.Tech
Salary : Rs.37400-67000/- p.m
No of Post : 24
Last date to apply : 31/10/2014
Details of Post :
Required qualifications for ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR for Economics, English, History & Archaeology, Law, Political Science & Public Administration, Telugu & Oriental Languages, Botany, Mathematics, Zoology & Aquaculture, Women’s Studies (UGC Scale of Rs.37400-67000 + AGP 9000):
- Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University. College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in this Regulation in Appendix
Required qualifications for ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR for Civil, Electrical & Electronics, Computer Science & Engineering (MCA) in ANU College of Engineering & Technology (UGC Scale of Rs.37400-67000 + AGP 9000):
- Essential: A Ph.D. Degree with First Class at Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch of Engineering & Technology/ MCA and experience of eight years in teaching, research and / or industry at the level of Lecturer or equivalent grade, excluding period spent on obtaining the research degree. OR
- In the event the candidate is from industry and the profession, the following shall constitute as essential:
- First Class Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch of Engineering & Technology.
- Significant professional work which can be recognized as equivalent to a Ph.D. Degree in appropriate branch of Engg., & Tech., and industrial / professional experience of eight years in a position equivalent to the level of Lecturer, Provided that the recognition for significant professional shall be valid only if the same is recommended unanimously by a 3-Member Committee of Experts appointed by the Vice-Chancellor of the University.iii. Without prejudice to the above, the following conditions may be considered desirable: 1.Teaching, research industrial and /or professional experience in a reputed organization; 2. Published work, such as research papers, patents filed / obtained, books, and / or technical reports; 3. Experience of guiding the project work / dissertation of PG / Research Students or supervising R&D projects in industry.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS & ESSENTIAL INFORMATION:
- The University reserves the right to: (a) Withdraw an advertised post(s) at any tune without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available candidates. The number of positions is thus open to change. (b) Offer the post at a level lower than that advertised, depending upon the qualifications, experience and performance of the candidate: (c) draw reserve panel (s) against the possible vacancies in future; (d) not to fill up any of the advertised positions.
- Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess atleast the minimum essential qualification/experience laid down for the post.
- Qualifications and other conditions shall be applicable as stipulated by the MHRD/UGC regulations and as amended from time to time.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large and if found not convenient or possible to interview all the candidates, the University, at its discretion, may restrict the number of candidates to a reasonable limit, which may vary from post to post, on the basis of qualifications, experience, publications etc. higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. The University may constitute an expert committee to scrutinize the applications or process administratively depending upon the number of applications.
- The process of selection may be by a presentation/ seminar/ interview or a combination thereof.
- Canvassing in any form shall lead to cancellation of candidature. Candidates applying for the post of Professor are required to send their application in the prescribed application form, including the Academic Performance Indicators (API) based on Performance Based Appraisal System along with supporting documents duly signed and filled in all respect, failing which their candidature shall be outrightly rejected as the same is mandatory as per UGC’s Regulation, 2010 and amended from time to time.
- Qualifications/Experiences etc. as on last date of submission of applications will only be taken into considerations.
- Those already in Govt. service should produce NOC at the time of interview.
- In case of the post to be filled through deputation, ACRs/APARs for last 5 years duly attested and Integrity certificate be sent in confidential cover addressed to the Registrar by the concerned Employer, failing which the candidature, may not be considered.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after issue of the appointment letter, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidates.
- After joining the service of the University, the candidate will have to abide by the Rules, Regulations and Ordinances of the University applicable from time to time. He / she may be assigned any duty within the University or outside depending upon the exigency of the work.
- The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by the candidate at any time during tenure of service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted bythe candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents / background for which he has been convicted by any court and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated forthwith
How to apply:
The details of posts, roster points, qualifications prescribed and other conditions applicable along with the Application Form can be downloaded from the University website www.anu.ac.in or www.nagarjunauniversity.ac.in. The filled Application in the prescribed format along with six sets of xerox copies of qualifications, experience, reservation and reprints of publications along with a crossed SBI Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- (SC/ST Rs.500/-) drawn in favour of The Registrar, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Nagarjuna Nagar, Guntur Dist, A.P., 522 510 should reach undersigned by 5.00 P.M. on or before 31-10-2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 31.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From ANU||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|