Alagappa University conducting walk-in drive for the recruitment of Ph.D. Program for P.G. Degree /M.Ed holders on August31, 2014
Company name : Alagappa University
Posts : Ph.D. Program
Qualification : P.G. Degree /M.Ed
Salary : NA
No of Post : NA
Location : Tamil Nadu
Last date to apply : 08.08.2014
Walk in Date: 31.08.2014
Details of Post :
Eligible candidates desirous of pursuing Ph.D. Program (both FT/PT) in the University Departments, Constituent Colleges, Affiliated Colleges and other Approved Research Centres of Alagappa University are instructed to apply in the prescribed format for the Pre-Registration Qualifying Entrance Examination (Written test and Interview). Faculty-wise disciplines offered by the University are detailed below.
- Arts : 1.Tamil, 2.English, 3.Women’s Studies, 4.Rural Development, 5.History, 6.Economics, 7.Political Science and 8. Social Work.
- Science : 1.Mathematics, 2.Computer Science, 3.Physics, 4.Chemistry, 5.Biotechnology, 6.Molecular Biology, 7.Microbiology, 8.Nanoscience & Technology, 9.Bioinformatics, 10.Bioelectronics & Biosensors, 11. Oceanography & Coastal Area Studies, 12.Animal Health & Management, 13.Zoology, 14.Botany, 15.Library & Information Science, 16.Home Science, 17.Geology and 18.Energy Science.
- Management : 1.Management, 2.Commerce, 3.Corporate Secretaryship, 4.Bank Management and 5.International Business.
- Education : 1. Education and 2.Physical Education.
Eligibility Criteria : 1. Candidates who have passed through 10+2+3+2/11+1+3+2/10+3+2+2 pattern alone can apply 2. P.G. Degree with 55% of marks, 50% marks for SC/ST & 50% for P.G. qualified before 1st January 1991. 3. M.Ed. qualification is essential for Ph.D. in Education.
Candidates who are in the final year (non semester) / final semester of their P.G. Degree may also apply for the Pre-Registration Qualifying Entrance Examination for Ph.D. Program. However the pass certificates will be issued only on production of attested copy of Cumulative Mark Statement ensuring 55% marks in P.G. Degree.
Application may be downloaded from the University website (www.alagappauniversity.ac.in). List of Approved Research Centres and discipline wise recognised Research Supervisors are available in the University Website. Filled in application must be accompanied by a DD for Rs.500/- drawn in favour of the Registrar, Alagappa University payable at Karaikudi.
IMPORTANT DATES & TIME :
- Last date for receipt of filled in application : 08.08.2014, 5.30 p.m
- Written Test : 31.08.2014, 10.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m
- Interview in the Concerned Department : 31.08.2014 2.00 p.m. onwards
For further details refer University website or contact the Research Section (Contact No.04565 – 223155 / 228085). Late applications will not be entertained. University reserves the right to change anything mentioned above.
Important dates to remember :
- Last date to apply : 08.08.2014
- Walk in Date: 31.08.2014