Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Professors through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Master Degree, Ph. can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Assistant Professors Job on or before 05/08/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU)
Vacancy Name : Assistant Professors
Educational Qualification : Any Masters Degree, M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No of Vacancy : 04 Post
Salary : Rs.15,600-39,100/- p.m
Job Location : Chennai
Last Date to Apply for this job : 05/08/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : TAMIL NADU OPEN UNIVERSITY No. 577, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai – 600 015.
Detail of Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) Assistant Professors Recruitment:
Applications are invited for the following vacant posts of Assistant Professors:
|Post||No of post||Qualification|
|ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (As per UGC Regulations, 2010):||2||
Scale of Pay : 15,600-39,100/- with AGP Rs.6000/- i. Good academic record with at least 55% of marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale where grading system is followed), at the Master’s Degree level in the relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University ii. Candidates must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET. iii. Candidates who have been awarded a Ph. D Degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award Ph. D Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SET/SLET for recruitment.
Preferable : Open and Distance Learning (ODL) experience in Course Design, Preparation of Course Materials in self-learning format and Delivery of Programmes through ODL method.
|Assistant Professor of Special Education and Rehabilitation (Specialization-Learning Disabilities) [MBC (DNC) – 1] Scale of Pay : 15,600-39,100/- with AGP Rs.6000/- (As per RCI, regulations,2015)||1||Essential: i. Masters Degree in any discipline with not less than 50% of marks. ii. M.Ed. Degree in specific disability area with not less than 55% of marks or an equivalent grade of B+ In 10-point scale of UGC OR iii. An equivalent degree from a foreign university recognized by RCI. Desirable: 1. M.Phil/Ph.D in Special Education or Education with research emphasis on Special Education 2. Experience for a period of at least 2 years as teacher or researcher In the area of specific disability|
|Assistant Professor of Management (SC(A) – 1), Scale of Pay : 15,600-39,100/- with AGP Rs.6000/- (As per UGC Regulations, 2010)||Essential: iv. First Class Masters Degree in Business Management/Administration in a relevant management related discipline or first class in two year full time PGDM declared equivalent by AIU/accredited by AICTE/UGC. OR v. First Class Graduate and professionally qualified Chartered Accountant/Cost and Works Accountant/Company Secretary of the concerned statutory bodies. Desirable: 1. Teaching, research, industrial and/or professional experience in a reputed organization 2. Papers presented at Conferences and/or published in a refereed journal.|
Selection Procedure for Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) – Assistant Professors Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 05/08/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Assistant Professors Vacancy in Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) :
Details of prescribed Application Form, qualifications, experience, scale of pay and other terms & conditions are available at the University Web Site www.tnou.ac.in Filled-in Application Form along with all the enclosures and a Demand Draft for Rs. 500/- drawn in favour of “Tamil Nadu Open University” payable at Chennai should reach the University on or before 5:00 P.M. 05/08/2015 superscribing the envelope “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR ……….……………..” Note: The University reserves the right to shortlist the candidates by adopting conventional procedures and fill or not fill-up the post without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks, at the Masters Degree level to the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/Differently abled (physically and visually differentlyabled) categories.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks, to the Ph.D., Degree holders who have passed their Masters Degree prior to 19th September 1991.
- Candidates who are or have been awarded a Ph.D., Degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D., Degree) Regulations 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SLET / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor.
- NET / SLET / SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET / SLET / SET is not conducted.
- SC (A) denotes “Scheduled Caste” – Arunthathiar. If suitable and qualified candidates of Arunthathiar Community are not available for selection and appointment in the turn allotted to them, the turn so allotted shall go to other SC candidates within that category on merit basis asper G.O. (Ms) No. 61 Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare (TD2) Department, dated : 29-05-2009.
- The University reserves the right to fill or not to fill the post.
- The University reserves the right to shortlist the candidates
- Application received after the last date will be summarily rejected.
- Enquiries on the above subject will not be entertained.
- Candidates called for interview will not be paid any TA/DA.
- Candidates in service should send their applications through proper channel.
- Since the selection of candidates is based purely on merit, attempts to canvass or bring influence on the authorities to show favour during selection will be deemed as disqualification and the application of such candidates will be rejected.
- The last date for the receipt of filled-in application at the University on or before 5:00 P.M. 05/08/2015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 05/08/2015
22-02-2017 , 23-02-2017