Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Postdoctoral Fellow through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Sc/ Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Postdoctoral Fellow Job on or before 28.03.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)|
|Vacancy Name||Postdoctoral Fellow|
|Educational Qualification||M.Sc/ M.Phil/Ph.d|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||28.03.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES),Manora Peak, Nainital, Uttarakhand, 263002|
Detail of Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) – Postdoctoral Fellow Recruitment:
Aryabhatta Research Institute of observational sciences (ARIES) is one of the leading research Institutes which specializes in observational Astronomy & Astrophysics and Atmospheric Sciences (http://www.aries.res.in). India has joined the Thirty Metre Telescope (TMT) project, the next generation astronomical observatory that will be located on Mauna Kea, Hawaii. India’s participation in the TMT project, led by the Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore, Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune, and Aryabhatta Research Institute for Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital is coordinated by the India TMT coordination center (ITCC) hosted at IIA, Bangalore. The TMT project is an international partnership between CalTech, Universities of California, Canada, Japan, China and India. More details about the project may be obtained from http://tmt.iiap.res.in . The Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) is an advanced, wide field (20 arcmin), altitude-azimuth telescope with a primary mirror consisting of 492, 1.44-meter segments. As part of India’s contribution to the TMT, ITCC in consultation with the TMT Board, intends to deliver several hardware components, a portion of polished M1 segments and telescope control software. India is also participating in the design and development of first light instruments. In this connection, young , bright and talented researchers are required to work for this next generation observatory to achieve the science goals. Applications are invited for the post of one Postdoctoral Fellow to work in the TMT- India project.
- Qualification: Ph.D degree in Physics/Astrophysics with a good academic background, with at least 60% aggregate marks at M.Sc. level. Experience in Astronomical observations, data analysis are essential. Tenure: One year and extendable for one more year subject to performance and funding availability.
- Fellowship: As per ARIES norms
- Age : Below 35 years
- Scope of work: Selected candidate will be associated with the science and instrument related activities of India TMT project, in particular with works related to numerical simulations related to specific science cases and data analysis of 8-10m class telescopes.
- Place of work: The position is primarily at ARIES, but may require visits to the other TMT-India principal institutes, IUCAA, Pune and IIA Bangaluru. At ARIES, in campus accommodation in students hostel could be provided
Selection Procedure for Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) – Postdoctoral Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 28.03.2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Postdoctoral Fellow – Vacancy in Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES):
1) The appointment is purely on temporary basis and does not entitle any privileges or benefits of regular employment. 2) The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of completed applications. 3) Age relaxation is permissible to SC, ST & OBC candidates and also to physically handicapped candidates as notified by Govt. of India from time to time. 4) Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro train / bus fare by the shortest route limited to AC-III class railway fare on production of tickets. 5) The prescribed educational qualifications are minimum required and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all those candidates, the Institute has the right to limit the candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. 6) The Institute reserves the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever. 7) No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview / appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. 8) Candidates meeting the above requirements may submit their curriculum vitae / bio-data with a passport size photograph pasted on the top of right hand corner together with copies of certificates superscribing “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF POST DOCTORAL FELLOW, INDIATMT PROJECT” on the envelope to the Registrar, Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES),Manora Peak, Nainital, Uttarakhand, 263002 9) The last date for receipt of application is 28.03.2015. This advertisement will also be published in Employment News (21st Feb 2015), Times of India, New Delhi and Dainik Jagran (UP, Uttarakhand) on 11th Feb 2015.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 28.03.2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From ARIES|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|