Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Officer [Operations] through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Junior Officer [Operations] on or before 09/06/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited
Vacancy Name : Junior Officer [Operations]
Educational Qualification : Any Graduate
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs.9,000 – 22,000/-pm
Job Location : Kolkata
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 09/06/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited, Kolkata
Detail Of Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited Junior Officer [Operations] Recruitment:
THE COMPANY Balmer Lawrie, a public sector company under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, is a professionally managed, multi-location, diversified conglomerate having presence in manufacturing as well as services sectors, with a consistent track record of growth and profitability. High standards of customer service, innovative outlook and dedicated human resources have enabled the Organization to achieve leadership position in many of its businesses. For the year ending 31.03.2014, the Company achieved a Turnover of Rs. 2843 crores and a Profit of Rs. 200 crores.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES The Company operates in various business segments through Strategic Business Units [SBUs] and Joint Venture Companies [JVCs]. It is the market leader in Industrial Greases & Specialty Lubricants, Steel Barrel, Corporate Travel and Logistics Services. The Company also has significant presence in most of the other businesses it operates in, namely, Refinery & Oil Field Services [ROFS], Leather / Performance Chemicals, Logistics Infrastructure, etc.
OPENINGS:- The Company is looking for qualified and experienced person, as per details given below:
- Position No. 1
- Position Title Junior Officer [Operations]
- Salary : Rs.9000 – 22000/-pm
- Grade Officers’ Grade O1
- Qualification The candidate should be a Graduate in any discipline. Preference shall be given to candidates with Diploma in Logistics / operations Management.
- Indicative Job Description The incumbent would be required to do the following:- 1. Checking the in-bound container with Form 1 and dock challan to match the containers with the vehicles. 2. Weighing of containers before unloading, plugging containers and other activities related to unloading. 3. Checking and recording Custom seals, Agent seals and line numbers to maintain and segregate lots. 4. Maintaining slots and storage depending upon types of containers. 5. Tagging of containers with RFID and appraisement of containers. 6. Ensuring supply / full utilization of resources as per work requirement. 7. Ensuring safety of cargo in the yard through proper storage subject to its sensitivity. 8. Authenticating records/documents with respect to bills generated on account of labour handling, rent of container, appraisement charges, repairs (if required), insurance charges, loading and unloading charges, stuffing and de-stuffing charges, gate pass etc. 9. Providing immediate services relating to container deliveries on customers’ lorries and smooth exit. 10. Maintaining proper flow of container traffic within the yard. 11. Maintaining cleanliness and housekeeping services at par by supervising related staffs. 12. Maintaining breakdown and out of commission records of equipments being used. 13. Ensuring immediate resolution of customer grievances. 14. Maintaining cost effective techniques and cost control by avoiding damage and losses. 15. Managing vendor services and their compliance to industry norms. 16. Maintaining strict safety rules upon yard workers and taking prompt actions on breach of safety and security. 17. Proving support to allied services such as empty yard services relating to equipment and space. 18. Ensuring compatibility with importers and exporters on grounds of priority in services and exigencies. 19. Escalation of issues, maintenance of decorum of operations and providing/implementing innovative solutions/ feedback with regards to operations and services to maintain competitive edge The above list is only indicative and not exhaustive.
- Experience Profile The candidate should have minimum 1 year of relevant post-qualification experience. Preference shall be given to candidates with experience in Dock/ CFS Operations with a reputed Shipping Company / CFS / CHA / Logistics Industry.
Selection Procedure For Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited – Junior Officer [Operations] Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 09/06/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
Other General Conditions:
- Before applying for the post, candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils the MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY and other criteria mentioned in this advertisement. BALMER LAWRIE & CO. LTD. being the Appointing Authority would be free to reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process, if the candidate is found ineligible for the post for which he/she has applied. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- In case the post applied for is not mentioned clearly & correctly an application is LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY
- Incomplete applications, applications not as per the prescribed format or applications received after the due date ARE LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY.
- Request for change of Mailing address / Email / category / posts as mentioned in the application will not be entertained.
- The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for shortlisting and or final selection. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the relevance and quality of experience vis-à-vis the requirements of the advertised role. The Company’s decision shall be final in this regard.
- The job description mentioned above is only indicative. It may change based on the requirement of the company and discretion of the management.
- Only short listed candidates who are found prima facie eligible based on the details given in the application form will be called for the written test and / or personal interview as the case may be.
- Category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) once mentioned in the application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on.
- The OBC candidates who belong to “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled for relaxation of age and/or for consideration against reserved positions
- Relaxations / Reservations etc for SC/ST, PWD and OBC (Non Creamy Layer) will be as per Government Rules/Presidential Directives.
- Candidates from SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) category should produce the original caste certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed format as per the guidelines of Government of India in support of their claim, at the time of interview. In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate issued by Competent Authority, his / her candidature will not be considered and his/ her travelling expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
- The Company reserves the right to relax age in case of candidates with longer years of experience/in case of exceptionally qualified or experienced candidates.
- The Company reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the advertised positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- The Company reserves the right to shortlist candidates depending upon the number of vacancies and application received, etc., and also to decide the modalities for recruitment whether through Interview / Written Test/ Group Discussion or all of these and the venue/schedule thereof.
- The Company reserves the right to offer position in appropriate lower Grade & Salary.
- Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature. Any dispute with regard to recruitment against this advertisement will be settled within the jurisdiction of Kolkata Court only.
- The candidates should clearly and correctly write their mobile number and correct email address. Please note that the intimation for interview will be given through email addresses only.
- Those short listed for interview shall be intimated through e-mail. They are required to bring the following original certificates along with attested photocopies as documentary proof at the time of interview: i. Proof of Age ii. Educational Qualifications (All the Mark sheets & Certificates) iii. Service Certificate of past employment & proof of date of joining & its continuity in the present Organization iv. Last Salary Certificate (if applicable) v. Copy of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class (OBC)/ Persons with Disability (PWD) certificate, if applicable from the competent authority. OBC certificate produced by candidates should clearly indicate that they do not belong to creamy layer. In the absence of any of the above documents, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for interview and in that case, no travel expenses shall be reimbursed.
- Out Station Candidates called for Interview for the post of Junior Officer shall be entitled for to & fro rail fare limited to Second class sleeper or Chair Car or equivalent from the mailing address mentioned in the on-line application form to the venue of interview by the shortest route as per rules. Candidates providing mailing address of a country other than India, in the application form, will be reimbursed to and fro rail/ Air fare, as per entitlement mentioned above, from the port of arrival in India to the venue of interview by the shortest route as per rules. The candidate will be required to fill in the Travelling Allowance (TA) form at the Interview centre and submit proof for travel undertaken.
- The number of vacancies is indicative. The Company reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of vacancies purely on need basis at anypoint of time during recruitment process.
- The Location/ Place of posting mentioned are indicative, selected candidate shall be required to work in any location in India or outside the Country including assignments to Company’s Joint Ventures/ Associates.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed travel expenses as per the rules of the Company.
- In respect of exceptionally qualified & qualitatively experienced candidates the minimum overall years of experience as prescribed, may be relaxed at the sole discretion of the Company.
- Online submission of application is permitted on the website between 0930 hrs on xx/xx/xxxx till 1830 hrs on xx/xx/xxxx. In case it is found at any stage that the candidate is either not meeting the requirements as laid down in the advertisement or has given incorrect
information while filling up the on-line application form, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and in that case no traveling expenses shall be reimbursed.
- Balmer Lawrie shall not be responsible for any loss of email/communication letter sent, due to invalid/wrong email id/wrong postal address/postal delays/loss in transit etc. No request in this regard will be entertained. The court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Kolkata.
How To Apply For Junior Officer [Operations] Vacancy in Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited:
Please register yourself using the link https://careers.balmerlawrie.com/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_candidate_registration?sap-client=100# After creation of your profile, please apply against the appropriate job by going into the “Employment Opportunities” tab.
Last date for submission of applications is 09/06/2015
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 09/06/2015