Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited invites application for the recruitment of Assistant Manager/Deputy Manager/Manager (HR) with Graduate/ MBA (HR/IR)/PGDM (HR/IR)/MSW holders
Company name : Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited
Posts : Assistant Manager/Deputy Manager/Manager (HR)
Qualification : Graduate/ MBA (HR/IR)/PGDM (HR/IR)/MSW
Salary : Rs.24900-40500/- P.M.
No of Post : 01
Location : Kolkata
Last date to apply : 01.10.2014
Details of Post :
Assistant Manager/Deputy Manager/Manager (HR)
THE COMPANY :
Balmer Lawrie, a public sector company under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, is a professionally managed, multi-location, diversified conglomerate having presence in manufacturing as well as services sectors, with a consistent track record of growth and profitability. High standards of customer service, innovative outlook and dedicated human resources have enabled the Organization to achieve leadership position in many of its businesses. For the year ending 31.03.2014, the Company achieved a Turnover of Rs. 2843 crores and a Profit before tax of Rs. 220 crores.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES :
The Company operates in various business segments through Strategic Business Units [SBUs] and Joint Venture Companies [JVCs]. It is the market leader in Industrial Greases & Specialty Lubricants, Steel Barrel, Corporate Travel and Logistics Services. The Company also has significant presence in most of the other businesses it operates in, namely, Refinery & Oil Field Services [ROFS], Leather / Performance Chemicals, Logistics Infrastructure, etc.
CURRENT OPENINGS :
The company is looking for qualified and experienced professionals to man a key role in the junior management level in the SBU – Logistics Infrastructure as per details given below:
Position Title : Assistant Manager/Deputy Manager/Manager (HR)
- Position No. : 1
- SBU/Function & Location : SBU – Logistics Infrastructure, Kolkata
- Level & Grade : Junior Management; Grade E1/E2/E3
- Qualification : The applicant must be Graduate in any discipline with 2 years full time MBA (HR/IR)/PGDM (HR/IR)/MSW.
- Indicative Job Description : The key responsibilities of the incumbent will be:- 1. Interaction with the Unions 2. Statutory compliances & follow-up of industrial disputes at Labour Courts/Tribunals/ in Conciliation etc. 3. Establishment matters including promotion, drawal of increments, performance appraisal including moderation of Performance ratings, leave, and settlement of various claims pertaining to unionized and supervisory staff. 4. MIS reports, HR inventory updation for CFS/W&D, Kolkata 5. Training & Development initiatives 6. Security, Contract Labour and outsourced employees 7. Administration matters 8. Monitoring various HR and change initiatives 9. Driving change initiatives like 5S, QC etc. at the Unit 10. Liaison with Govt. Labour Authorities 11. Unit level Bipartite forums The above list is only indicative and not exhaustive
- Experience Profile : Should have prior minimum post qualification relevant experience 5 years for Grade E3, 3 years for Grade E2 and 1 year for Grade E1 as on the date of notification. Candidates having exposure to HR and IR in large factory set up will be preferred.
- Maximum Age : Maximum age as on the date of notification should be 35 years.
Selected candidate for each of the above position will be placed in the appropriate Grade and Scales of Pay, and actual compensation package offered will depend on qualification, experience, etc. Deserving candidates can be paid higher compensation based on qualification & quality of experience.
The Government of India directives with regard to reservations of SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped shall apply. Candidates belonging to this category should specifically mention the same in their applications. Relaxation in maximum age prescribed is applicable in case of SC / ST / OBC and Physically Handicapped candidates as per Government of India directives. Candidates belonging to OBC category seeking the benefit of reservation should produce certificate from Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar, certifying that they do not belong to the creamy layer. Please read The Other General Conditions before applying for the positions.
HOW TO APPLY :
Please register yourself using the link
After registration, p After creation of your profile, please apply against the appropriate job by going into the “Employment Opportunities” tab. Please Last date for submission of applications is 01st October, 2014
Other General Conditions:
- Before applying for the post, candidates should ensure that he/she fulfills the MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY and other criteria mentioned in this advertisement. BALMER LAWRIE & CO. LTD. being the Appointing Authority would be free to reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process, if the candidate is found ineligible for the post for which he/she has applied. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- In case the post applied for is not mentioned clearly & correctly an application is LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY
- Incomplete applications, applications not submitted online or applications received after the due date ARE LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY.
- Request for change of Mailing address / Email / category / posts as mentioned in the application will not be entertained.
- The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for shortlisting and or final selection. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the relevance and quality of experience vis-à-vis the requirements of the advertised role. The Company’s decision shall be final in this regard.
- The job description mentioned above is only indicative. It may change based on the requirement of the Company and discretion of the management.
- Only short listed candidates who are found primafacie eligible based on the details given in the application will be called for the written test and / or personal interview as the case may be.
- Category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) once mentioned in the application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on
- The OBC candidates who belong to “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled for relaxation of age and/or for consideration against reserved positions
- Relaxations / Reservations etc for SC/ST, PWD and OBC (Non Creamy Layer) will be as per Government Rules/Presidential Directives.
- Candidates from SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) category should produce the original caste certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed format as per the guidelines of Government of India in support of their claim, at the time of interview. In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate issued by Competent Authority, his / her candidature will not be considered and his/ her travelling expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
- The Company reserves the right to relax age in case of candidates with longer years of experience/in case of exceptionally qualified or experienced candidates.
- The Company reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the advertised positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- The Company reserves the right to shortlist candidates depending upon the number of vacancies and application received, etc., and also to decide the modalities for recruitment whether through Interview / Written Test/ Group Discussion or all of these and the venue/schedule thereof.
- The Company reserves the right to offer the position in appropriate lower Grade & Salary.
- Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature. Any dispute with regard to recruitment against this advertisement will be settled within the jurisdiction of Kolkata Court only.
- The candidates should clearly and correctly write their mobile number and correct email address. Please note that the intimation for interview will be given through email addresses only.
- The number of vacancies is indicative. The Company reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of vacancies purely on need basis at any point of time during recruitment process.
- The Location/ Place of posting mentioned are indicative, selected candidate shall be required to work in any location in India or outside the Country including assignments to Company’s Joint Ventures/ Associates.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed travel expenses as per the rules of the Company.
- In respect of exceptionally qualified & qualitatively experienced candidates the minimum overall years of experience as prescribed, may be relaxed at the sole discretion of the Company.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 01.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From Balmer Lawrie||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|