Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited invites online application for the recruitment of Senior Manager/ Chief Manager (Web Development) for BE/ B.Tech/ MCA holders
Company name : Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited
Posts : Senior Manager/ Chief Manager (Web Development)
Qualification : BE/ B.Tech/ MCA
Salary : Rs.29100-58000/- p.m.
No of Post : 01
Location : Gurgaon
Last date to apply : 03.12.2014
Details of Post :
Senior Manager/ Chief Manager (Web Development)
Balmer Lawrie, a public sector company under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, is a professionally managed, multi-location, diversified conglomerate having presence in manufacturing as well as services sectors, with a consistent track of growth and profitability. High standards of customer service, innovative outlook and dedicated human resources have enabled the Organization to achieve leadership position in many of its businesses. For the year ending 31.03.2014, the Company achieved a Turnover of Rs. 2843 crores and a Profit before tax of Rs. 220 crores.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The Company operates in various business segments through Strategic Business Units [SBUs] and Joint Venture Companies [JVCs]. It is the market leader in Industrial Greases & Specialty Lubricants, Steel Barrel, Corporate Travel and Logistics Services. The Company also has significant presence in most of the other businesses it operates in, namely, Refinery & Oil Field Services [ROFS], Leather / Performance Chemicals, Logistics Infrastructure, etc.
The company is looking for qualified and experienced professionals to man a key role in the middle management level in its SBU – Travel & Vacations as per details given below:
Position Title Senior Manager/Chief Manager (Web Development)
- Position No. : 1
- SBU/Function & Location : SBU – Travel & Vacations, Gurgaon
- Level & Grade : Middle Management, Grade E4/E5
- Qualification : The applicant must be Graduate. Candidates who have done Graduate Engineering/MCA/PG in Systems Management will be preferred.
- Indicative Job Description : Primary responsibilities of the incumbent shall involve: a. Exploring opportunities and assisting in development of blueprint for technology induction and up-gradation in the Travel & Holidays Business particularly involving web and mobile interface b. Leading the change process involving internal process owners, external service partners [viz. administration of service level agreements etc.] and client interface c. Ensure the smooth functioning of [i] Travel & Holidays portal, [ii] various dedicated and customized self booking tools for Corporate Clients and other applications [Mid-Office etc.] that are critical to service delivery. d. Prepare and lead implementations related to CAPEX both in terms to Hardware & Software. The incumbent would also be handling all day-to-day techno-commercial issues. e. The incumbent is expected to effectively interface with the Corporate IT Team to facilitate the implementation process and ensure adherence to IT Compliance issues, including those involving ISO 27001. f. The incumbent will also be responsible for Training, Education of the Business Team ensuring that they are effectively empowered to embrace and leverage technology changes to achieve business goals. Skill set requirement for ideal candidate would be:- i. Hands-on experience in implementation & of Mid-Office/Web-Portal/Self-Booking Tools ii. Web-Development (preferably JAVA) for Travel & Holidays Business iii. Database Management iv. Design, Development of Web Services & XML Structures v. Consumption of third party Web Services The above list is only indicative and not exhaustive
- Experience : Profile Should have prior minimum post qualification relevant experience of 7 years for Grade E4 and 9 years for Grade E5 as on the date of notification. Candidates with prior experience of managing web based solution in travel industry will be preferred.
- Maximum Age : Maximum age as on the date of notification should be 40 years.
How to apply :
Last date for submission of applications is 3rd December, 2014.
Other General Conditions:
- Before applying for the post, candidates should ensure that he/she fulfills the MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY and other criteria mentioned in this advertisement. BALMER LAWRIE & CO. LTD. being the Appointing Authority would be free to reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process, if the candidate is found ineligible for the post for which he/she has applied. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- In case the post applied for is not mentioned clearly & correctly an application is LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY
- 3. Incomplete applications, applications not submitted online or applications received after the due date ARE LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY.
- Request for change of Mailing address / Email / category / posts as mentioned in the application will not be entertained.
- The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for shortlisting and or final selection. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the relevance and quality of experience vis-à-vis the requirements of the advertised role. The Company’s decision shall be final in this regard.
- The job description mentioned above is only indicative. It may change based on the requirement of the Company and discretion of the management.
- Only short listed candidates who are found primafacie eligible based on the details given in the application will be called for the written test and / or personal interview as the case may be.
- Category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) once mentioned in the application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on.
- The OBC candidates who belong to “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled for relaxation of age and/or for consideration against reserved positions
- Relaxations / Reservations etc for SC/ST, PWD and OBC (Non Creamy Layer) will be as per Government Rules/Presidential Directives.
- Candidates from SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) category should produce the original caste certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed format as per the guidelines of Government of India in support of their claim, at the time of interview. In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate issued by Competent Authority, his / her candidature will not be considered and his/ her travelling expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
- The Company reserves the right to relax age in case of candidates with longer years of experience/in case of exceptionally qualified or experienced candidates.
- The Company reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the advertised positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- The Company reserves the right to shortlist candidates depending upon the number of vacancies and application received, etc., and also to decide the modalities for recruitment whether through Interview / Written Test/ Group Discussion or all of these and the venue/schedule thereof.
- The Company reserves the right to offer the position in appropriate lower Grade & Salary.
- Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature. Any dispute with regard to recruitment against this advertisement will be settled within the jurisdiction of Kolkata Court only.
- The candidates should clearly and correctly write their mobile number and correct email address. Please note that the intimation for interview will be given through email addresses only.
- The number of vacancies is indicative. The Company reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of vacancies purely on need basis at any point of time during recruitment process.
- The Location/ Place of posting mentioned are indicative, selected candidate shall be required to work in any location in India or outside the Country including assignments to Company’s Joint Ventures/ Associates.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed travel expenses as per the rules of the Company.
- In respect of exceptionally qualified & qualitatively experienced candidates the minimum overall years of experience as prescribed, may be relaxed at the sole discretion of the Company.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 03.12.2014
|Click here for More Details||Click here to apply|
|All Jobs From Balmer Lawrie|