Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BS Shipmanagement) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Technical Superintendent through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed B.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BS Shipmanagement)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Technical Superintendent Job on or before 20.01.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BS Shipmanagement)|
|Vacancy Name||Technical Superintendent|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 posts|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||20.01.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement|
Detail of Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BS Shipmanagement) Technical Superintendent Recruitment:
- Job Objective Monitors and controls the smooth operation of all vessels assigned and handles the provision of the required technical support and maintenance, in order to achieve the desired levels of operational performance.
- Key Accountabilities
- Reviews and is up-to-date with the developments in the maritime maintenance trends and changes, in order to identify and propose improvements and technical solutions on client issues.
- Monitors the effective operation of the equipment and machineries of the assigned vessels, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies from operational standards, proposing and upon approval implementing solutions that will enhance the efficiency, performance and safety of the vessels.
- Implements the provided maintenance plan for the assigned vessels and cooperates with the On-board Management Team to develop the actual maintenance arrangements, in order to comply with Group’s standards with minimum affect on the ships’ operation.
- Co-ordinates and attends, whenever required, maintenance activities, including dry-docking, of the assigned vessels and monitors that quality repair work is carried out according to plan and approved budget, providing support and guidance for the handling of equipment breakdown and malfunctioning, in order to support the on-time and cost effective repair of the vessel.
- Supports the development of the OPEX budget of the assigned vessels, including spare parts and technical training, and follows-up its accurate execution, monitoring the development of the actual operational costs throughout the year, and proposes adjustments and corrective actions, that will decrease the cost and increase the effectiveness of services.
- Develops and timely provides to Shipmanagement Centres (SMC) and clients the required reports and documents regarding vessels’ technical developments, maintenance activities, repair progress and current operational status of the assigned vessels, in order to provide thorough information to both Shipmanagement Centres (SMC) and clients concerning the operational readiness of each assigned vessel.
- Attends on-board visits with the Class Surveyor for all Annual, Intermediate and Special Surveys and ensures that all assigned vessels, hold valid and updated certificates, in respect of Class, Flag International regulations etc. and that Class Survey and CSM items and data are promptly updated.
- Provides requests for quotation to the Fleet Manager according to the needs of each vessel, and monitors that all required spare parts or services are accurately and timely provided to vessels, in order to enhance their effective operation.
- Supports the timely execution of all external audits and third party inspections, for vessels assigned, so as to support the acquisition of all necessary certifications (ISPS, ISM etc), and enhance the reliable and legitimate operation of vessels.
- Performs scheduled and ad-hoc visits to the assigned vessels, in order to monitor their performance and verify the overall compliance of the vessel with company’s processes, procedures and standards. Implements all corrective actions, as derived from the inspections, so as to support the operational efficiency and quality of company’s provided services.
- Prepares all the necessary reporting following technical inspections of the vessels assigned, identifies and upon approval implements corrective actions in compliance with the inspections’ results and recommendations, in order to enhance the effective operation of vessels.
- Reviews, investigates and reports the technical breakdown and personnel accidents in areas under charge, and researches for preventive measures in order to avoid repetition. Follows all relevant safety, quality and environmental procedures’ control as per company’s LPSQ policy and instructions so that safety level of seafarers is enhanced.
- Supports the accurate execution of department’s budget, identifies and reports cost saving opportunities and proposes corrective actions in case of deviations, in order to ensure compliance with set targets.
- Prepares, in cooperation with Senior Technical Superintendent the performance appraisals for Senior Officers on-board as per company’s procedures, so as to safeguard fair handling and equal opportunities for career development.
- Education & Qualifications
- BSc degree in Mechanical, Marine Engineering or equivalent
- Chief Engineer’s qualification
- Work Experience
- 3 years sailing experience as Chief Engineer ( 3 yrs actual sailing experience) OR
- 1-2 year of shore experience as a trainee/ assistant or technical superintendent with a ship management/owning company
- Preferably experience on the same type of vessel as he is expected to supervise.
- Job Specific Skills
- G Strong knowledge of vessels’ technical requirements and voyage regulations
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of the local and regional market of technical subcontractors
- Team work and cooperation
- Very good organisational skills
- Fluency in English
- PC literacy
Selection Procedure for Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BS Shipmanagement) – Technical Superintendent Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 20.01.2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Technical Superintendent Vacancy in Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BS Shipmanagement):
If you are interested for the position please submit your CV via www.bs-shipmanagement.com under “Careers” section Attn. Elena Maniatopoulou Hadjipanayi, HR Manager, latest by 20th of January, 2015, with a covering letter, explaining the reasons you would be suited to the position.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 20.01.2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From BS Shipmanagement|
|Other Navy jobs|
|Other Central Government jobs|
26-02-2017 , 27-02-2017