Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Scientific Officers through recruitment notification – Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Recruitment 2015 – OCES-2015 AND DGFS-2015. Candidates who have completed B.E/ B.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Scientific Officers Job on or before 06/02/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)|
|Vacancy Name||Scientific Officers|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||06/02/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Government of India DEPARTMENT OF ATOMIC ENERGY (DAE) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Training Schools|
Detail of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)Scientific Officers Recruitment:
- One-year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post-Graduates for the year 2015-2016 (OCES-2015) conducted at BARC Training Schools. Table-1 lists Eligible Disciplines. Table-2 lists the Eligible Disciplines and orientation of the Training Program at each of the Training Schools. A Trainee Scientific Officer (TSO), who scores a minimum of 50% aggregate marks on completion of the Training Program, is declared to have completed the course successfully. Successful TSOs will be posted as Scientific Officers in one of the following DAE units: a) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai*, b) Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam, c) Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore, d) Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata, e) Heavy Water Board (HWB), Mumbai*, f) Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC), Hyderabad*, g) Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT), Mumbai*, h) Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL), Mumbai*, i) Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd (BHAVINI), Kalpakkam*, j) Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration & Research (AMD), Hyderabad*, k) Uranium Corporation of India Ltd (UCIL), Jaduguda*. l) Directorate of Construction, Services and Estate Management (DCS&EM), Mumbai*. *These units have their Head Office at the indicated locations. Placement can be at the Head Office or at other facilities of these units located in different parts of India. Allocation of a successful OCES TSO to a DAE unit is carried out based on performance in the OCES program. DAE reserves the right to place TSOs in any of its other units also or the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB). Performance above a specified threshold in course work at the Training School will entitle TSOs to a Post-Graduate Diploma or could earn them credits towards M.Tech./M.Phil./Ph.D. programs of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a Deemed to be University.
- Two-year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Post-Graduates for the years 2015 – 2017 (DGFS – 2015). Under this scheme, Engineering Graduates and Physics Post-Graduates who have excelled in the Selection Interviews for the BARC Training School program and who have secured admission for M.Tech./M.Chem.Engg. in select Institutes and specializations as listed in Table-3, are paid stipend and tuition fee to pursue a M.Tech./M.Chem.Engg. degree while retaining their employment in DAE. After successful completion of one-year course work at the Institute, Fellows undertake project work, which is assigned by DAE and supervised jointly by a DAE guide and an Institute guide. On successful completion of M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg., they are posted as Scientific Officers in DAE. On joining, they are required to first undertake a four-month Orientation Course for DGFS Fellows (OCDF) at the BARC Training School, Mumbai. The DGFS Fellows are enrolled and posted in one of the following units of DAE: a) BARC, Mumbai, b) IGCAR, Kalpakkam, c) RRCAT, Indore. Allocation of a DGFS Fellow to a DAE unit is done at the beginning of the M.Tech./M.Chem.Engg. program. Selected candidates are required to execute an agreement and a personal Indemnity Bond to serve DAE for at least three years after completion of Training. Indemnity Bond is for ` 2,50,000 for OCES TSOs and ` 5,10,000 for DGFS Fellows*. No third party surety is required. *The Bond Amount for DGFS Fellows pursuing M.Tech./M.Chem.Engg. at certain DGFS Institutes may be marginally different, depending on the tuition fee at the concerned Institute.
- During Training: (i) Stipend and Allowances: OCES TSOs as well as DGFS Fellows are paid a stipend of ` 20,000 per month during the period of their training and a one-time book allowance of ` 10,000. (ii) Boarding and Lodging in DAE or DGFS Institute Hostel is mandatory.
- On Appointment: Appointment in DAE units shall be as a ‘Group A’ Gazetted Officer of the Government of India except in BHAVINI, NPCIL and UCIL which are governed by the service rules of Corporations. Grade and Pay Scale: Appointment in all the units shall be as a Scientific Officer (C) in the Pay Band-III ` 15,600-39,100 with grade pay of ` 5,400. Appointment will be at the beginning of the pay scale with OCES TSOs getting two or three increments depending on their performance during the OCES program and the DGFS Fellows getting three or four increments** depending on their performance in M.Tech./M.Chem.Engg. and four-month Orientation Course for DGFS Fellows (OCDF). Total Monthly Emoluments (with three increments) at the time of joining including Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance at the present Mumbai rate will be approximately ` 61,000 (upward pay revision is under consideration of the 7th Central Pay Commission). In addition, other Allowances such as Leave Travel Concession by air, every year up to first eight years (subject to conditions) and once in two years thereafter, Children’s Education Allowance and an annual Professional Update Allowance are also payable. A comprehensive Contributory Health Service Scheme for employees and dependent family members is also available. **DGFS Candidates whose performance in the M.Tech./M.Chem.Engg. and OCDF programs is below a specified threshold will get zero increments.
- Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES/DGFS-2015 For Engineering Disciplines (codes 21-29): B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc.(Engineering)/5-year Integrated M.Tech./A.M.I.E./A.M.I.E.T.E./ A.M.I.I.Ch.E./A.M.I.I.M. with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in one of the engineering disciplines mentioned in Table-1. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE score must have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline. Those having qualifying degree in branches like Aerospace, Automobile, Industrial Production, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Bio-Medical Electronics/ Instruments, Communication, Information Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates, Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles, Mechatronics, etc. are not eligible.
- For Physics Discipline (code 41): M.Sc. in Physics/Applied Physics with Physics and Mathematics at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc, or B.E./B.Tech. in Engineering Physics with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in the qualifying degree. M. Sc. candidates (other than those applying with a five year integrated M.Sc. degree) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B.Sc. Physics postgraduate applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Physics’. Applicants having B.E./B.Tech. (Engineering Physics) as qualifying degree can apply on the basis of a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score either in ‘Physics’ or in ‘Engineering Science’.
- For Chemistry Discipline (code 42): M.Sc. in Chemistry with Physics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. and Mathematics at Std. XII or at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc, with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. All candidates (other than those applying with a five year integrated M.Sc. degree) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Chemistry’.
- For Biosciences Discipline (code 43): M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences and Biosciences with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc.; or B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Tech) only in Food Technology with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks. M.Sc. applicants should have Physics or Chemistry or Biochemistry or Agriculture Chemistry at the B.Sc. stage or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Life Sciences’ or in ‘Biotechnology’. Those having M.Sc. with specialization in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Marine Biology and Home Science etc and B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Tech. in Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering are not eligible.
- For Radiological Safety Engineering (RSE, code 44): M.Sc. in Physics or Chemistry with Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of integrated M.Sc., and Mathematics at Std. XII or at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc., with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M. Sc. All candidates (other than those applying with a five year integrated M.Sc. degree) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B. Sc.
- For Geology Discipline (Code 45): M.Sc. or equivalent M.Tech. in Geology / Applied Geology / Applied Geochemistry with Geology at B. Sc. or five year integrated M.Tech. in Geological Technology. Eligible candidates must have two subjects out of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc./five year integrated M.Tech., with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc./M.Tech. All eligible candidates (other than those applying with a five year integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech. degree) must have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B. Sc. Additionally, eligible candidates must have passed Mathematics in Std. XII. All applicants opting to be considered on the basis ofa GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
- For Geophysics Discipline (Code 46): M.Sc. in Geophysics/Applied Geophysics or five year integrated M.Tech. in Geophysical Technology. Eligible candidates must have Mathematics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc./M.Tech., with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc./M.Tech. All eligible candidates (other than those applying with a five year integrated M.Sc./M.Tech. degree) must have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B. Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014/2015 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
- Those having M.Sc. (by research) or Ph.D. are not eligible. *A minimum of 60% marks means the marks as per the ordinances of the respective university. In case of candidates whose qualifying degree is A.M.I.E./A.M.I.E.T.E./A.M.I.I.Ch.E./A.M.I.I.M., 60% marks are required in each part of the qualifying examination, individually.
Admission to DGFS:
Candidates having a qualifying degree in disciplines 21-29 or 41 and who meet the corresponding eligibility criteria listed above are eligible to apply for DGFS provided they secure admission for M.Tech./ M.Chem.Engg. starting in the academic year 2015 in select Institutes and in specializations listed in Table-3. Confirmation of M.Tech./M.Chem.Engg. admission should be communicated by July 3, 2015. Securing admission in one of the valid M. Tech. specializations at one of the DGFS Institutes along with Selection for OCES, does not guarantee the award of a DGFS Fellowship as DGFS is offered only to the most meritorious candidates as per Selection Interview performance.
- Age Limit (Age as on August 1, 2015) a) General Category – 26 years, b) OBC – 29 years, c) SC/ST – 31 years, d) Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) – 31 years, e) Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir) – 31 years. Physically Challenged persons of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years.
- Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Applicants working in Central / State Government Units / PSUs / Aided Institutes should produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their organization at the time of Selection Interview, failing which they may not be interviewed.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable Application Fee of ` 250 is chargeable from the male applicants belonging to General and OBC categories. Women candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee. All candidates who have paid Application Fee at a branch of State Bank of India must produce original challan at the time of Selection Interview. Candidates awaiting final results and/or due to appear for GATE-2015, may also apply. If selected, candidates who are eligible in all other respects but are awaiting final results will be allowed to commence course work. However, retention of these candidates in the OCES or DGFS programs is subject to the mark-sheet of their final result, which meets the eligibility requirements of the OCES/ DGFS program, being submitted by Nov 30, 2015 in case of OCES TSOs and as per the requirement of the concerned DGFS Institutes in the case of DGFS Fellows
Selection Procedure for Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)- Scientific Officers Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 06/02/2015.
- Selection to OCES/DGFS-2015 is a 2-step process: Screening to short-list candidates followed by Selection Interviews of the short-listed candidates. There is a separate selection process for each of the disciplines listed in Table-1 except for RSE (code 44), which is available only as an additional Training Scheme option to applicants belonging to Physics and Chemistry disciplines (codes 41 and 42).
How to apply for Scientific Officers Vacancy in Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC):
- Candidates are required to visit the website ‘http://www.barconlineexam.in’ after January 6, 2015 and submit an Online Application by following the instructions therein. *Related degree disciplines such as Electronics & Communication, Electronics and Controls are also eligible.
- Candidates with degree disciplines Electrical & Electronics or Electronics & Instrumentation can apply under either of the disciplines (Electrical or Electronics etc.). However, such candidates must qualify on the basis of a valid GATE score or Online Test in the discipline in which they wish to be considered.
- The candidates belonging to Physics discipline selected for the BARC Training School at Mumbai will be allotted either Physics or Radiological Safety Engineering as their Training Schemes and those selected for the BARC Training school at IGCAR will be allotted either Reactor Physics or Material Science as their Training Schemes, based on Selection Interview merit and their preferences.
- The candidates belonging to Chemistry discipline selected for the BARC Training School at Mumbai will be allotted either Chemistry or Radiological Safety Engineering as their Training Schemes and those selected for the Training school at IGCAR will pursue Nuclear Fuel Cycle Chemistry in the Training School.
- Radiological Safety Engineering (RSE) is not a separate discipline but an additional Training Scheme option for candidates in Physics and Chemistry
Important dates to remember :
- Launching of Online Application Portal for OCES/DGFS-2015 6 th January, 2015
- Last date for Online Application 6 th February, 2015
- Online Test 12th – 20th March, 2015
- Last date for candidates to upload their GATE score 27th March, 2015
- Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal 2nd week of April, 2015
- Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates 2 nd week of April, 2015
- Selection Interviews 18th May – 18th June, 2015
- Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2015 on Online Application Portal 24th June, 2015
- Last Date for Selected OCES-2015 Candidates to upload their preferences vis-à-vis different Training Schemes 28th June, 2015
- Display of Training Schemes Allotted to selected OCES-2015 Candidates on Online Application Portal 30th June, 2015
- Last Date for Selected OCES-2015 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M.Tech/ .Chem.Engg.admission in a DGFS institute 3rd July, 2015
- Declaration of List of Persons Selected for DGFS-2015 on Online Application Portal 2nd week of July, 2015
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Recruitment 2014 – OCES-2015 AND DGFS-2015.
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From BARC|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|
|Other Top company jobs|
10-12-2016 , 11-12-2016