Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) invites application for the recruitment of Junior Telecom Officers (Telecom/Civil) with B.E/B.Tech holders
Company name : Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
Posts : Junior Telecom Officers (Telecom/Civil)
Qualification : B.E/B.Tech
Salary : Rs 16400-40500/- p.m
No of Openings : 04
Location : Thiruvananthapuram
Last date to apply : 05 Sep 2014
Details of Post :
Junior Telecom Officers (Telecom/Civil)
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL) Kerala Circle will fill up about 4 backlog vacancies of JTOs reserved for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) through an open competitive examination to be held on 23.11.2014 as per the details given below:
In respect of Physically Handicapped persons, candidates with following physical disability will be permitted:
- Hearing Impairment (HI) – Partially Deaf
- Locomotive Impairment(LI) – One arm or One leg or both legs affected (Only such persons would be eligible for reservations/concessions/benefits who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability. The vacancies are interchangeable i.e. if vacancy of one category of disability remains unfilled, it may be filled by person of other category of disability)
Scale of Pay : The Junior Telecom Officer shall be appointed in the IDA pay scale of Rs 16400-40500 with annual increment @ 3% of basic pay plus HRA, Perks, Medical Benefits, LTC etc. as admissible as per company rules. The emolument at the minimum of the pay scale will be around Rs 20,500/- excluding HRA, perks, medical benefits, LTC etc.
Selection for a Particular Circle & Service liability : The BSNL comprises a number of territorial Circles and functional Circles. The Junior Telecom Officer is a Circle-based cadre and the recruitment for the vacancies in Kerala Telecom Circle will be made by Kerala Circle and the JTOs so recruited would be allotted to various SSAs/ Units of this Circle depending on vacancies. The candidates selected are required to serve minimum of five years in the circle or until they are promoted to All India cadre whichever is earlier. The officers are liable to be transferred anywhere in India in the interest of service. The service conditions, seniority etc of selected candidates will be determined as per the prevailing rules of the Corporation from time to time.
- Nationality : Only Indian Nationals would be eligible to apply.
- Educational Qualifications:
- JTO(Telecom) Applicant must possess as on 31.12.2014, Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology or equivalent Engineering degree in any of the following disciplines from a recognized Engineering College/University:i. Telecommunicationii. Electronicsiii. Radioiv. Computerv. Electricalvi. Information Technologyvii. InstrumentationCandidates appearing in the final year degree examination may also apply provided they possess the required educational qualification by 31.12.2014.
- JTO(Civil) Applicant must possess as on 31.12.2014, Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology or equivalent in Civil Engineering degree from a recognized Engineering College/University. Candidates appearing in the final year degree examination may also apply provided they possess the required educational qualification by 31.12.2014.
- Age The external applicant for JTOs (Telecom) and JTOs (Civil) should not be more than 30 years of age on the closing date for receipt of applications. However, the upper age-limit is relaxable as per standing instructions of Government of India on this subject for:-i) PWD candidates upto 10 years for OC candidate; 15 years for SC/ST and 13 years for OBCii) Ex-Service Men will get the benefit of age relaxation as per central government rules;iii) For Residents of J&K – Relaxation shall be in accordance with DoP&T’s Notification No.15012/7/1991-Estt.(D) dtd. 7.12.2007 pertaining to “Residents of State of Jammu and Kashmir (Relaxation of Upper Age Limit for Recruitment to Central Civil Services & Posts) Rules 1997”.3.3(b)(i) For BSNL employees the upper age-limit is relaxable by upto 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the BSNL;ii) Govt. servants upto 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Govt.;
Application Form : The specimen of the application form is included in this advertisement. Neatly typed (only on one side of paper) copy in A4 size(30 cms x 20 cms) may be used for making application. The completed application form should be sent by Registered Post / Speed Post with self addressed stamped acknowledgement card in the following address.
The Asst General Manager (Rectt.& Estt.),
II Floor, O/o Chief General Manager Telecom,
BSNL, Kerala Circle, PMG Junction, Trivandrum-695033.
The envelope containing application form should be marked “Application for JTO(Telecom) Examination 2013 for PWD” OR “Application for JTO(Civil) Examination 2013 for PWD”, as the case may be in bold letters on top of the envelope.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 05 Sep 2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From BSNL|