Biomedical Genomics Centre (Kolkata) hiring MBBS holders for Associate/Assistant Professor,BMGC Research Fellow role
Company name : Biomedical Genomics Centre (Kolkata)
Posts : Associate/Assistant Professor,BMGC Research Fellow
Qualification : M.D./Ph.D./MBBS+PhD
Location : Kolkata
Last date to apply : 30 Sep 2013
Details of Post :
Associate/Assistant Professor,BMGC Research Fellow
The Biomedical Genomics Centre (BMGC) has been established, as an autonomous institution, to accelerate basic & translational research and capacity-building in biomedical genomics by empowering clinicians to carry out independent research and training and also provide genetics services. This institution is aided by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India through the National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani. BMGC also seeks to promote and improve genetics services for various medical conditions.
Applications are invited from Indian citizens having a strong potential for creative research in molecular and genomic approaches aimed at understanding human disease and/or translation of molecular and genomic findings on human disease to clinical practice. We also encourage clinicians with aptitude and experience in Medical Genetics to apply. Applicants with documented contributions to the understanding of genetics of human diseases will be preferred. Applicants must also have a strong interest in imparting training in human genetics
Savemyrupee.com Contest - Answer simple questions and enter a chance to win LENOVO TABLET Worth Rs.10, 000 and FLIPKART VOUCHERS
Monster India – Don’t Miss the Best Job Opportunities
Buy/Sell/Rent Anything – Free Classifieds
- Associate Professor 1
- Assistant Professor 2
- BMGC Research Fellow 2
1. Associate Professor :
Essential: M.D./Ph.D./MBBS+PhD degree; at least five years’ experience in teaching and research in relevant areas in an institutional of repute; at least 10 publications in relevant areas in peer-reviewed journals of international repute
Desirable: Track record of successful extramural funding
Scale of pay: Rs. 37400-67000/-; Grade Pay: Rs. 8900/- (PB-4) + NPA (for medically qualified candidates only).
2. Assistant Professor:
Essential: M.D./Ph.D./MBBS+PhD degree; at least three-years’ post-doctoral experience in relevant areas of biomedical genetics; at least 3 publications in relevant areas in peer-reviewed journals of international repute; and, age not exceeding 40 years as on date of closure of receipt of applications.
Scale of pay: Rs. 15600-39100/-; Grade Pay: Rs. 7600/- (PB-3) + NPA (for medically qualified candidates only).
3. Assistant Professor:
Essential: M.D. in Pediatrics/Medicine with evident of ‘hands on’ training in human genetics; 5 or more publications on human genetics and age not exceeding 40 years.
Scale of pay: Rs. 15600-39100/-; Grade Pay: Rs. 7600/- (PB-3) + NPA.
4. BMGC Fellow:
Essential: MBBS with an interest in pursuing research under supervision in bio-medical genetics; age not exceeding 35 years Pay: Rs 50,000 (consolidated)
(For SC/ST/OBC applicants, age limit will be relaxed by 5 years; for physically/mentally challenged applicants, age limit will be relaxed by 10 years.)
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, list of publications, a proposal for research to be undertaken in the Institute in the first three years after joining, and three letters of recommendation.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
(1) Appointments made in pursuant to this advertisement against these posts shall be “contractual appointments”; the tenure of the posts will be for a period of 3 years from the date of joining without any liabilities on BMGC. No benefits or allowances (such as medical attendance, house rent, transport, pension, etc.) shall be admissible.
Thereafter, the contract will terminate automatically. The appointment can also be terminated at any time on either side by giving one month’s notice or by paying one month’s salary, without assigning any reason.
Upon expiration of three years from the date of joining, the contract may be renewed depending on satisfactory progress ascertained by the competent authorities of BMGC and availability of funds.
(2) The advertised positions are contractual, with no possibility of being converted to permanent posts. Therefore, selected candidates cannot claim permanency.
(3) Attested true copies of the certificates of Educational Qualifications and testimonials showing experience, etc. should be attached with all the three copies of the applications.
(4) Incomplete applications will not be considered. If any declaration given or information furnished by him/her proves false or if he/she is found to have wilfully suppressed any material, information, he/she will be liable for removal from service and also such other action as the Government may deem necessary.
(6) Employees of Government or Semi-Government Department/Organization should apply THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL. If they anticipate delay in routing their applications through proper channel, they may submit advance copies in time.
(7) Applications not received through proper channel for employees in Government/Semi-Government organizations will not be considered. Applications received after the deadline for submission of applications, will not be considered.
Last Date for submission of application form is 30th September, 2013
Applications to be sent to:- Director, Biomedical Genomics Centre,
PG Polyclinic, 3rd floor
5 Suburban Hospital Road
Kolkata 700 020, INDIA.
Note:- Application envelope should be sealed and marked:- ‘APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF’
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 30 Sep 2013
To apply for the Government Job Openings – Click Here
SIMILAR JOBS @ FRESHERSLIVE