Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) invites application for the recruitment of Consultant with Ph.D Degree educational background
Company name : Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
Posts : Consultant
Qualification : Ph.D Degree
Salary : Rs.45,000-50,000/-pm
No of Post : 01
Location : New Delhi
Last date to apply : 15 Sep 2014
Details of Post :
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is working on setting up the “National Biopharmaceutical Acceleration Program”. This Program will focus on fast-tracking the process of preparing India’s capabilities in translational life science research such that India emerges as a hub for design and development of novel, affordable and effective biopharmaceutical products and solutions.
BIRAC is planning to create a Program Proposal Management Unit (PPMU), to be housed at and managed by the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative’s (IAVI’s) India office in New Delhi, for creating and facilitating processes and frameworks that will enable reaching a state of readiness by outlining the details for the roll-out of this Program.
We are presently searching for consultants to support the activities of the PPMU. The positions provide a unique opportunity to participate in this Program of National significance and offer a competitive salary in the range of Rupees 45,000-50,000 per month (the final decision will be based on candidate’s experience). The positions will be on contractual basis for an estimated period of one year with possibility of further opportunities based on Program needs.
- The consultants based on their skills and experience would assist in fulfilling one or more of the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise in formulating analysis models to review and analyse available data on Indian biopharmaceutical landscape;
- Conduct primary research and analysis of available and new data (for example, reviewing related business and scientific reports and due diligence on trends in the biopharmaceutical sector; reviewing patents and publications of scientists; reviewing company and institute profiles);
- Develop a network of scientists, physicians and industry experts, attend select biopharmaceutical conferences, interviewing faculty and staff; organize workshops and meetings;
- Prepare and write comprehensive research reports; keep the core team up-to-date on important news; and assist in writing the Program proposal, among other action items.
Exemplary Skills Required:
- PhD in life sciences from a top institution. Graduate level studies with relevant work experience would also be considered;
- Basic understanding of the biopharmaceutical sector, and preferably prior work experience and/or knowledge in related space;
- Outstanding analytical skills; ability to do deep primary research, analyse and draw conclusions;
- Excellent organizational skills; strong interpersonal relationship skills; must have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications;
- Maturity and poise to interact with senior leaderships in industry and academia;
- Highly organized and proactive with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask; be quick on your feet and highly responsive;
- Enjoy both working independently and collaboratively in a small collegial team environment with honesty, integrity, intellectual curiosity;
- A self-starter with the ability to deliver under pressure, and meet deadlines effectively.
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] Applications will be considered on first-come-first-served basis by 15th September, 2014. More details about BIRAC can be found at http://www.birac.nic.in/ and about IAVI at http://www.iavi.org/
Important dates to remember:
Last date to apply : 15.09.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From BIRAC||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|