Canara Bank invites application for the recruitment of Chief Information Technology Officer on Contract Basis with B.E/B.Tech/MCA/Post Graduation holders
Company name : Canara Bank
Posts : Chief Information Technology Officer on Contract Basis
Qualification : B.E/B.Tech/MCA/Post Graduation
Salary : NA
No of Openings : 01
Location : Bangalore
Last date to apply : 16.08.2014
Details of Post :
Chief Information Technology Officer on Contract Basis
Canara Bank , a leading Public Sector Bank with Head Office in Bangalore and pan India presence with over 5100 branches, invites applications, for Engagement of Chief Information Technology Officer on contract basis [Number of Posts-1].Please read this advertisement carefully and ensure the eligibility before paying fees / submitting application.
All the eligibility criteria (Qualification, Age, Experience etc.) for these posts shall be computed as on 01.07.2014 (inclusive).
- Name of the Post: Chief Information Technology Officer on Contract (CITO)
- Number of Posts: One (01) (Unreserved)
- Period of Contract: Three (3) Years.The Bank shall have a discretion to extend the period of contract for further maximum period of two years (one year at a time), depending upon the requirement. The contract can be terminated with one month’s notice on either side / by payment of basic salary for shortfall in notice.
- Age: The candidate should not be more than 55 years old as on 01.07.2014.
- Qualification: – First class in Engineering Graduation / MCA, from a recognized University / Institution approved by AICTE / NCTE / DCE.- Post Graduation or higher qualifications in areas relevant to the role will be given preference.
- Work Experience: Senior resource person in IT departments of Private / Foreign / Public Sector Banks / Financial services companies / Telecom companies; Project heads in BFSI verticals of IT companies with 20 + years of experience in IT. Candidates should have extensive exposure to various IT areas.
- Compensation: Compensation shall be at par with the industry standards and shall not be a constraint to the suitable candidate.
Other Facilities: The CITO will be provided with Telephone facility at office as applicable to the General Managers of the Bank.In case of travel on outstation duty, eligible allowances at par with the allowances of the General Managers in Top Executive Grade Scale-VII of our Bank shall be paid. Apart from the compensation & other details mentioned above, the appointed candidate is not entitled to any other Allowance / Payment / Benefit / Facilities etc.
Placement: The selected applicant will be placed at Department of Information Technology Wing, Head Office, Bangalore.
Job Profile: The Chief Information Technology Officer (CITO) will be attached to the Department of Information Technology (DIT) Wing, Head Office, Bangalore and will assist and advise the DIT set-up in all matters pertaining to Information Technology of the bank. He is required to provide overall guidance to IT department; anticipate and respond to changing business requirements of the Bank and make the Bank IT ready for future.The Chief Information Technology Officer will be reporting to the Top Management of the bank and will be responsible for Technology Planning, Application Development and IT related operation including Core Banking Solutions of the Bank at macro level at Head Office. The CITO will assist in preparation of Technology Vision document for the Bank. The official will be the key resource person providing in-depth technical expertise to the Top Management of the Bank and will be responsible for identifying and implementing new technologies and technology products. This is a challenging position with the opportunity to play a strategic role in Technology Planning,Implementation & Policy formulation. The CITO is required to work with the executives of the Department of Information Technology on the following:
- Improving the status of current IT infrastructure – reliability, availability, use-ability etc.
- Improving the cost effectiveness of IT deployment.
- Managing data and IT governance and security.
- Launch innovations in alternate channels and CBS; Identifying and plugging critical gaps in applications architecture.
- Launch initiatives to support new working of bank like automation of processes and straight through processing. Be proactive in collecting business needs.
- Working with user departments of adoption of IT systems.
- Identification of future technology and Infrastructure needs of bank.
- Launch initiatives to create relevant MIS, dashboards for tracking of various bank wide business transformation initiatives.
- Handling the Core IT infrastructure, Technology Planning & application development and IT related operations and products of the Bank. Implementing innovative technology products as well as preparing Technology architecture of the Bank to achieve the set Goals and to remain technologically competitive in the Banking arena.
- Any other work entrusted from time to time by the Bank.The performance of CITO will be reviewed periodically.
Working Hours: The CITO shall report at the Bank at the commencement of the working hours on all the working days. The working hours shall be the usual hours as applicable on all days except Sundays and holidays declared under N.I. Act.
Leave: The CITO shall be eligible for one day leave per month (12 days leave per year), out of which not more than 04 can be taken at a time. However, if his absence exceeds 12 days in a contract year, proportionate amount shall be deducted for each day of his absence over and above the permissible leave from the consolidated payment. Un-availed Casual Leave for each contract year shall lapse at the end of the contract year and will not be allowed to be carried over to the next year. During the first contract year, CITO shall earn Casual Leave on pro-rata basis @ one day for each completed month or part thereof.
Other Terms & Conditions:
- The terms & conditions of engagement is whole and simple governed by the provisions of the contract and the engagement shall not be construed as an employment in the Bank and the provisions of PF / Gratuity / Pension etc., shall not apply in this case.
- The contract appointee shall not represent the Bank directly in any financial or disciplinary powers.
- The contract appointee is required to execute the Contract Agreement, Fidelity & Secrecy Bond and any other document in connection with or incidental to his engagement as a Chief Information Technology Officer on contract.
- The engagement on contract is for a specific period as stated in the above, and as such should not be construed as an offer of employment or a regular employment in the Bank.
- On completion of the contractual period of three years, the contract engagement shall automatically come to an end unless otherwise specifically informed to the contract appointee in writing. There will not be a need for issuance of communication by the Bank for termination of the contract after the above said period.
Selection Procedure: The procedure for engagement of Chief Information Technology Officer on contract will be by wayof shortlisting and interview.The shortlisting and call for interview will be on the basis of qualifications, experience in relevant area & suitability for the post and the documents submitted by the candidates along with the application. Candidates to the extent of required number will only be called for interview.The shortlisted candidates will have to undergo the process of interview. The final selection of CITO on contract, will be on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in interview.
The venue, time & date for Interview centre & address of the venue will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the call letter and candidates have to attend for the same at their own cost. The call letter will be sent by email only. The details of shortlisted candidates for Interview or any other process will be hosted in our website. Request for change of Centre will not be entertained. However, the Bank reserves its right to change / add / cancel the selection process & schedule at its discretion, under unforeseen circumstances, if any. Change, if any, will be announced in our website / by email. Candidates will have to make their own arrangements for travel / stay for attending the interview. Bank will not be responsible for late receipt / non receipt of any communication from the Bank. Hence, candidates are requested to check their email and Bank’s website regularly, to keep track of the process. Engagement of candidate as CITO is subject his / her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Bank.Decisions of the Bank in all matters regarding eligibility, selection etc., would be final and binding on the candidates. The Bank would be free to reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process, if he / she is found to be ineligible and / or furnished incorrect or false information / certificates / documents or has suppressed any material facts; and the fees paid by the ineligible candidates shall be forfeited.
Application Fee (Non-Refundable): The eligible candidates who are interested to apply have to pay an amount of Rs. 1000/- as an
Application Fee. Kindly ensure the eligibility for the post, before paying the fees as the same is not refundable. Payment of Application Fee: The application fee can be paid by; 1) Directly remitting the amount in any of the
Canara Bank Branches:
- Take print-out of the Payment Challan from website
- Fill the particulars viz, Name, Date of Birth, Contact Phone No., Category, Depositing Branch Name & City.
- Submit the Fee Payment Challan & amount in any Canara Bank Branch.
- Collect the candidate’s copy of Fee Payment Challan rom the Branch. Please verify that challan is properly signed & the details of Transaction Sequence No., Branch Name & DP Code Number, Deposit Date are noted in the challan by the Branch Authorities.
Payment through NEFT:
- Take print-out of the Payment Challan from website
- Fill the NEFT challan as required by the bank with Beneficiary details as under; – Name of the Account: Canara Bank CITO Project – 3/2014- Account Number : 8693201000011- Payee Bank: Canara Bank, Town Hall Welfare Centre Branch, Bangalore- IFSC Code : CNRB0008693- Narration: Mention Name of the candidate
- Make payment
- Collect NEFT Payment Receipt. Please check that receipt is properly signed & the details of NEFT UTR No., IFSC Code of the Sending Branch, Name of the Sending Bank, City, Deposit Date, Amount etc are noted in the challan by the Branch Authorities. Candidates have to write Name, Date of Birth, Category, Post Applied for, on the back of the NEFT Receipt. The application fee should be paid between 04.08.2014 and 16.08.2014 (both dates inclusive). Even if the last date of submission of application changed for any reason, the valid dates for payment of application fee will not be changed. Payment of fee by Demand Draft / Cheque / Money Orders / Postal Orders etc will not be accepted and such applications will be summarily rejected.
How to Apply:
- Visit our Bank’s website www.canarabank.com -> Careers -> Recruitment Know More -> Project-3/2014-Chief Information Technology Officer on Contract, and read the advertisement completely.
- If eligible to apply, print the Fee Payment Challan & Application Form from the website.
- Fill the details in Payment Challan and pay the fees as instructed in Point No. 14. After making payment, fill the required details in the Application Form and affix a latest Passport size colour photograph and sign it at appropriate place.
- Enclose self attested photocopies of documents (viz., age, qualification, experience etc.) to the application, to prove the eligibility to the post.
- Send the application along with relevant documents (age, qualification, experience etc.) & Fee Payment Challan by post to “Canara Bank, Recruitment Cell, Human Resources Wing, Head Office, 112, J C Road, Bangalore-560002, Karnataka’ so as to reach at our end on or before 16.08.2014.
- Applications received at our end after the last date will not be considered for the process and the fees paid shall be forfeited.
- In complete applications / Applications without supporting documents will be rejected outright.
- Decision of the Bank in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of the conduct of interview, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate. Further, the Bank reserves right to stall / cancel the recruitment partially / fully at any stage during the recruitment process at its discretion, which will be final and binding on the candidate.
- No correspondence or personal enquires shall be entertained by the Bank.
- Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated in Bangalore.
- Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification. Candidates in their own interest are advised to submit their applications well in time before the last date for submission. The Bank does not assume any responsibility for late receipt of applications submitted by the candidates/postal delay.
Important dates to remember :
- Opening Date for making Applications and Payment of Fees of Rs. 1000/- 04.08.2014
- Last Date for making Applications and Payment of Fees of Rs. 1000/- & for receipt of physical applications along with documents16.08.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From Canara Bank|
29-10-2016 , 30-10-2016