Central University of Karnataka (CUK) invites application for the recruitment of Faculty with Ph.D/Post Graduate holders
Company name : Central University of Karnataka (CUK)
Posts : Faculty
Qualification : Ph.D/Post Graduate
Salary : Rs. 30,000-35,000/- p.m
No of Openings : 09
Location : Karnataka
Last date to apply : 27/8/2014
Details of Post :
Mode of application: Application form and general information are available on University website www.cuk.ac.in which can be downloaded. There is no application and processing fee.Filled-in application form with self-attested copies of other documents viz., education & experience certificates, publications, etc., should reach the Office of Registrar, CentralUniversity of Karnataka, Administrative Building, Kadaganchi, Aland Road, Aland (Tq), Gulbarga – 585 311 by 5.00 pm on 27th Aug. 2014. Please write clearly on the envelope as “Application for faculty on contract basis – Dept of …………………”.
Remuneration per month (Consolidated) :
- Rs. 30,000/- for candidates possessing UGC/CSIR- NET/SLET/SET
- Rs. 35,000/- for candidates possessing UGC/CSIR- NET/SLET/SET with Ph.D in the relevant subject. No other emoluments / allowances / medical reimbursement are applicable. No vacation salary is payable.
Duration of the Engagement:The duration of engagement is for two (02) Semesters only. The orders will be issued to the successful candidates, initially for a period of one semester and based on the recommendation of the concerned Head/Dean, the term of engagement will be extended for another semester. The University is following the UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and Other Academic Staff for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education 2010 (hereinafter referred as UGC Regulations 2010) as issued
and amended from time to time and available also at www.ugc.ac.in
Minimum qualifications for appointment – Arts, Humanities, Sciences, Social Sciences, Commerce, Languages
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (i) and (ii) to this Clause 4.1, candidates, who are, or have been awarded with a Ph. D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions. However, such exemption will be considered upon the production of certificates from University, which clearly substantiate that Ph.D. degree has been awarded with course work.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
- The reservation policy of Govt. of India will be followed.
- These engagements are purely on contract basis and for a maximum period of (02) semester or (10) months or until permanent faculty join the department, whichever is earlier.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason.
- Candidates already in employment would be required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer prior to the interview, failing which they may not be considered for appointment.
- Selection is based on interview. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. More stringent criteria may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview. Applicants having higher qualification and merit will be given preference and all criteria being equal, the preference will be given to persons belonging to reserved (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) category.
- A Relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Graduate and Master’s level for the SC/ST/Differently-abled (Physically and Visually differently abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during directrecruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- A relaxation of 5% in marks (55% to 50%) be provided to the Ph.D degree holders who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.8. In case of grade system, relevant grade (equivalent of 55% as computed by UGC norms) shall also be considered eligible.
- At time of interview, candidate should carry copies of certificates and mark-sheets from matriculation (10th Standard) onwards and reprints of publications along with one set of photo copies of attested documents.
- The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of joining for the contract engagement. At any time that the documents submitted by the candidates are found fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents / background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated immediately and appropriate action initiated as deemed fit.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection of contractual engagement, which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the University reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the University shall be final.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- No interim correspondence shall be entertained.
- All cases are subject to Gulbarga court jurisdiction only.
- The University reserves the right not to fill up any of the vacancies advertised, if the circumstances so warrant.
- The period of contract shall be extended if necessary, after a review process of the performance of candidate by a duly constituted committee.
- The contract engagement can be terminated at any time with one month’s notice without assigning any reason. The candidate is also required to give one month’s advance notice or else deposit one month’s salary to terminate the contract.
- The incumbent may also be asked to teach in other Schools of the University, besides the School he/she belongs.
- The contractual engagement does not entitle him/her to any other service benefits other than the consolidated amount paid, besides casual leave of one day per month.
- The appointment will not establish any right / claim to regularization of the service.
- There would be no medical reimbursement.
- Retired teachers, below the age of 65 may also apply. The above clause 4.1 are not applicable for them.
- The University reserves the right to change or alter the number of vacancies against any of the posts advertised or not to fill any vacancy.
- Outstation candidates belonging to SC/ST categories called for interview before Selection Committee will be paid second-class railway fare on production of confirmed railway tickets/proof.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 27/8/2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From CUK|