Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (CBS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Post Doctoral Fellows through recruitment notification – Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (CBS) Recruitment 2015 – Ref: CBS/Advt. No.: Estt./Rct.-PDF/05.06.2015 . Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (CBS)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Post Doctoral Fellows on or before 10/07/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (CBS)
Vacancy Name : Post Doctoral Fellows
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs.21,000-24,000/-pm
Job Location :
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 10/07/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Registrar, UM-DAE Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences,1st Floor, Health Centre Building, University of Mumbai, Kalina Campus, Vidyanagari, Santacruz (East), Mumbai 400098.
Detail Of Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (CBS) Post Doctoral Fellows Recruitment:
University of Mumbai-Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS) has been established on the Kalina campus of the University of Mumbai to impart high quality education in the Basic Sciences after the 10+2 (or equivalent) level of
schooling, in a vibrant academic ambiance by a faculty of distinguished teachers and scientists. Applications are invited for the following Postdoctoral positions:
- Post doctoral Fellow in the field of Cancer Epigenetics to work under the guidance of Dr. Subhojit Sen (http://cbs.ac.in/people/visiting-scientists/subhojit-sen) with special focus on studying Molecular Epigenetics and drug discovery in Chlamydomonas and Mammalian systems.
- Candidate will develop C. reinhardtii as a model system to study epigenetic mechanisms that are related to cancer in mammalian systems and its connection with Cancer Stem Cells, and shuttle back and forth between the two systems to discover new drugs. This will further our
basic understanding of epigenetic mechanisms and help develop new approaches to treatment.
- Essential qualifications: Candidates with a PhD in related branches of Life Sciences/Microbiology/Biotechnology/Plant sciences, with relevant experience in molecular techniques involving DNA, RNA, and proteins are encouraged to apply.
- Experience: Candidates with genomics expertise and/or Mammalian stem cell biology (and cell culture) or epigenetics experience will be given preference.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in cancer Biology to work under the guidance of Dr. Manu Lopus on the project titled: “Understanding the molecular mechanisms of cancer metastasis and development of potent antimetastatic agents”.
- Essential qualifications: A Ph.D. in any branch of Life Sciences/Pharmacology with at least one first-author paper and one co-author paper (or two first-author papers) in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Experience: Experience in animal cell culture, immunofluorescence imaging, Western-blot, FACS, and other cellular and biochemical techniques is desirable. Preference will be given to candidates having demonstrated experience in cancer cell biology and experimental
- Tenure: The positions are offered on an annually renewable basis, and are tenable up to three years.
- Emoluments: Commensurate with post-Ph.D. research experience of the candidate, in the range of Rs. 21,000.00 – 24,000.00 (+ HRA).
Selection Procedure For Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (CBS) – Post Doctoral Fellows Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 10/07/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Post Doctoral Fellows Vacancy in Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (CBS):
Applications in the prescribed format (available at http://cbs.ac.in/pdf/recruitment/job-appform.pdf ) along with attested copies of certificates / testimonials and a one-page summary of their PhD work may be sent at the address given below so as to reach on or before July 10, 2015. Registrar, UM-DAE Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences,1st Floor, Health Centre Building, University of Mumbai, Kalina Campus, Vidyanagari, Santacruz (East), Mumbai 400098. Candidates applying for both the positions should submit separate applications. The envelope should be super scribed the position applied for. Applications should also be emailed to [email protected] / [email protected] [email protected]
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 10/07/2015
Reference: Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (CBS) Recruitment 2015 – Ref: CBS/Advt. No.: Estt./Rct.-PDF/05.06.2015
12-12-2016 , 13-12-2016