Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Engineers through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Diploma/ B.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Junior Engineers job from 20/04/2015 to 11/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL)|
|Vacancy Name||Junior Engineers|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma/ B.Sc|
|Total No of Vacancy||104 Posts|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||11/05/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL), Across India|
Detail of Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL) Junior Engineers Recruitment:
Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL), is a Public Sector Undertaking and a Group Company of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., in the field of Hydro-carbon processing with a refining capacity of 11.5 MMTPA, having Refineries located in Chennai and Nagapattinam, in Tamil Nadu. CPCL invites applications from bright, young and energetic persons of Indian Nationality for the following Non-supervisory positions. The number of vacancies indicated are tentative which may increase or decrease in the relevant categories at the absolute discretion of the Management
|Name Of The Post||No of post||Post Code||Qualification||Exerience|
|Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (Chemical)||59||01||First Class Diploma (55% for SC/ST candidates) in Chemical / Petroleum / Petro-Chemical Engg. / Technology. (OR) First Class Degree (55% for SC/ST candidates) in B.Sc. with Chemistry as a major subject.||For Process Units – Operation: Minimum two years of relevant post qualification work experience preferably in Process Units in Refining / Chemical / Petro-chemical / Fertilizer plant having work experience related to operation of Fired Heaters, Exchangers, Compressors, Distillation Columns, Reactors, High-Pressure Vessels, Effluent Treatment Plant, Cooling towers, Tank farm, Pressurized storage bullets, Pump House, etc.|
|Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (Mechanical)||26||02||First Class Diploma (55% for SC candidates) in Mechanical Engineering.||
For (Power & Utilities) – Operation: Minimum two years of relevant post qualification work experience in operation (in rotating shifts) of water tube boilers and other utility systems such as DM Plant, Cooling Tower, etc. in a Power / Utility plant of any industrial complex. Candidates with certificate in BOE / BOA will be preferred.
For Mechanical – Maintenance: Minimum two years of relevant post qualification work experience in maintenance of rotary equipments such as Process Pumps / Compressors / Turbine, Stationery equipments such as boilers, heat exchangers, column vessels, piping, valves and tanks etc. in a Process Industry including Refinery / Petro-chemical / Chemical / Fertilizer / Power Plant.
|Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (Electrical)||11||03||First Class Diploma (55% for SC candidates) in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics Engineering.||
For (Power & Utilities) – Operation: Minimum two years of relevant post qualification work experience in operation of Steam driven TG sets / Gas Turbine / Heat Recovery Steam Generators / parallel operation of Generators with State Electricity Grid / Electrical Sub-Stations 415 volts & 6.6 KV / 110 KVSwitchyard, etc. in a Power Plant of any industrial complex. Candidates with ‘C’-certificate will be preferred.
For Electrical – Maintenance: Minimum two years of relevant post qualification work experience in maintenance of Electrical equipments related to motor overhauling, motor trouble shooting, maintenance of LT & HT Motors and HT (6.6kV/3.3kV) and LT (415 volts) switchgear, ability to read and understand control circuit diagrams and troubleshoot the faults, and maintenance of LT & HT breakers / PCCs / MCCs / battery banks and battery charge System etc. in a process industry including Refinery / Petro-chemical / Chemical / Fertilizer / Power Plant.
|Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (Instrumentation)||2||04||First Class Diploma in Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Control / Electronics & Instrumentation / Electronics & Communications Engineering.||For Instrument – Maintenance: Minimum two years of relevant post qualification work experience in maintenance of process control instrumentation in a process industry including Refinery / Petro-chemical / Chemical / Fertilizer sector with a knowledge of Preventive and breakdown Maintenance / troubleshooting and rectification of Field instruments – transmitters / control valves. Familiarity with Distributed control system / PLCs – Ability to read P&ID and logic control diagrams – able to generate calibration reports.|
|Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (Automobile)||6||05||First Class Diploma (55% for SC candidates) in Automobile / Mechanical Engineering with automobile as a special subject.||For Garage – Operation & Maintenance: Minimum two years of relevant post qualification work experience in operation & maintenance of automobile equipments such as Cranes, Fork-lifts, Hydro-blast machines, Tractors, DG sets, Aircompressors, Exchanger retubing machines in any industrial complex. Candidates possessing heavy vehicle driving license will be preferred.|
- Age Limit as on 30.04.2015: 28 years relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates (15 years for PwD – SCs/STs and 13 years for PwD – OBCs).
- Pay & Emoluments: Candidates will be appointed in the IDA Pay Scale of `11,900-32,000 on a basic pay of `11,900/- (Rupees Eleven Thousand Nine Hundred only) in Grade IV in Non-Supervisory cadre, subject to medical fitness. In addition to Basic Pay, candidates will be entitled for DA, HRA / Self-Lease, PF, Gratuity, LTC / LFA, Reimbursement of Medical expenses, Superannuation benefits, etc., as per the rules of the Corporation
Selection Procedure for Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL) – Junior Engineers Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 11/05/2015
- The selection shall be made through Written Test (to be held in Chennai only) and Personal Interview of the short listed candidates. The written test is scheduled on 14.06.2015 (Sunday).
- Opening of online application: 20.04.2015
- Closing of online application: 11.05.2015
- Deposit of payment through Challan: 13.05.2015
- Admit Card downloading from: 29.05.2015
- Written Test (in Chennai): 14.06.2015
How to apply for Junior Engineers Vacancy in Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL):
- Candidates can apply for only one post. Before applying, the applicant should ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility and other norms and that the particulars furnished are correct in all respects.
- All the qualifications should be full time regular courses from a Government recognized University / Institute.
- Candidates are required to possess a valid e-mail ID and mobile no., which is to be entered in the online application form, so that intimation regarding downloading of call letter for written test / interview can be sent.
- Eligible candidates will have to apply through online registration system of CPCL only. To apply visit: www.cpcl.co.in and click on “People & Careers” and then “Recruitment of Workmen – 2015”. The site will be functional from 1030 hours of 20.04.2015 to midnight of 11.05.2015. No other mode of application will be accepted. CPCL will not be responsible for non-receipt / bouncing back of any email sent to the candidate.
- Candidates belonging to General / OBC category is required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of `300/- (Rupees Three hundred only) (SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted).
- For General and OBC candidates, once they submit their Online application, the System will display a Unique Payment Reference Number and a link for Payment of Application Fee. Candidates have to click on that link and make the payment of Application fee. Only after payment of Application Fee, the Application will be treated as complete and candidate can generate final Registration Slip with a unique Registration Number.
- PHOTOGRAPH: One recent coloured passport size photograph not more than three months old is to be scanned and uploaded in the space earmarked in the on-line application. The Photograph should be minimum 200 dpi (dots per inch) and in JPG or JPEG format. The Size of the photograph should be between 20KB to 50KB. (Refer our website for detail).
- SIGNATURE: Signature (in Black ink) against white background is to be scanned and uploaded in the space earmarked in the on-line application. Candidates must ensure the signature uploaded shall be maintained as same at all places viz. signature up-loaded, appended on Undertaking, Attendance Sheet of written examination, etc. If any variation is found between the signatures, the candidature is liable to be cancelled. Candidate is advised to confirm his / her uploaded signature is clearly visible / identifiable at the appropriate place. The signature should be minimum 200 dpi (dots per inch) and in JPG or JPEG format. The Size of the signature should be between 10KB to 20KB. (Refer our website for detail).
- While making the Payment, System will again ask the details of Name, Mobile No. etc. and Reference Number, which was generated at the time of applying online.
- METHOD OF APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT: A link will be provided on the website for payment, which would take the candidate to www.onlinesbi.com after submitting of online data and generation of Payment Ref. Number. The candidate would then follow the instruction as given on SBI Link to complete the payment. The candidate can make payment through Internet banking / ATMcum-Debit Card / Credit Card / Bank Challan. After making the payment a Payment Slip will be generated on screen, and candidates should take the print of that payment slip or save that.
- Candidate who wish to make the payment later on should click on the link: “Acknowledgement – For Registered candidates only” given on main page to: Reprint Registration Slip / To submit the Bank details and generate Registration Slip / To make the Payment of Application Fee if provisionally Registered. This information will be asked only at ONE time for completing the Application, and after that a candidate can generate and take the print of Registration Slip again (if required).
- It is mandatory to submit the details of SBCollect Reference Number (10 digit alphanumeric reference number starting with DU) printed on e-receipt and deposit dates again in online portal by login through Unique Registration Number after making the payment. If a candidate fails to submit these details within due date after making the payment, his / her application shall be treated as incomplete and summarily be rejected.
- Bank charges will be borne by the candidates. In case the candidate deposits the fee in a wrong account, CPCL will not be responsible. Registration fee deposited after 13.05.2015 will not be valid.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the application fee.
- All successfully enrolled candidates will be allowed to download his Admit card, Test Guidelines etc. for appearing in the written test from the website, which will be uploaded latest by 29.05.2015. The admit card will indicate the roll number, name of the test center and guidelines for the test. Please note that the admit card will not be sent by post.
- All information regarding this recruitment will be made available on the website www.cpcl.co.in and no separate communication will be made with the candidates.
- The period of experience will be determined upto 30.04.2015. Candidates applying against Physically Disabled category shall have not less than 40% of relative disability. A copy of the Disability Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, viz. a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central or State Government shall be furnished, while applying, failing which their application will be rejected.
- For claiming the benefit of OBC category, the candidate should submit a proper Caste Certificate as per the proforma prescribed by the Government of India (copy available on our website www.cpcl.co.in), which would, among others, specifically mention that the candidate does not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy Layer) as mentioned in column 3 of the Schedule to OM No.36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 08-09-1993 of the Department of Personnel and Training in the Govt. of India.
- Candidates serving in Government Departments / PSUs should furnish “No Objection Certificate” at the time of interview, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
- Selection and Appointment of candidates is subject to verification of Caste / Character & Antecedents from authorities concerned. SC / ST candidates called for Written test / Personal Interview will be reimbursed single Second Class Railway / Bus fare from the nearest railway station of the mailing address to the place of test / interview and back by the shortest route on production of ticket, provided the distance is not less than 30 kms. Reimbursement will be made subject to submission of TA claim along with original rail ticket / receipt or photocopy thereof or original bus tickets(s) and copy of Community Certificate. Reimbursement of travel claim will not be allowed, if Community Certificate is not produced and if the SC / ST candidate is found ineligible as per Press Advertisement criterion.
- Candidates possessing higher qualification viz. Graduate Engineering Degree or equivalent are not eligible to apply. However, candidates pursuing higher qualification need to declare while applying online. Furnishing false / incorrect information or suppression of material fact(s), if detected at any stage even after appointment, shall invite termination of the service without any notice.
- Management reserves the right to fill or not to fill the posts and mere fulfillment of qualification, experience and other eligibility requirements laid down, does not entitle a candidate to be called for the written test / interview.
- In case of any ambiguity / dispute arising on account of interpretation in versions other than English advertised in Newspaper / Employment News, English version given in the web-site www.cpcl.co.in will prevail.
- No printed / hard copy of the filled Application Form or any other supporting documents is to be sent before shortlisting based on Written Test unless asked to submit specifically. For any clarifications, Shri Tuhin Dutta, Sr. Officer (Personnel) may be contacted at 044-25944282 during office hours (09:00 am to 03:00 pm) from Monday to Friday or email at [email protected]
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 11/05/2015