Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) invites online application for the recruitment of Executive Director for LLB holders
Company name : Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC)
Posts : Executive Director
Qualification : LLB
Salary : Rs. 37400-67000/- p.m
No of Openings : 01
Location : Delhi
Last date to apply :31.08.2014
Details of Post :
Reference is invited to this Commission’s advertisement dated 05.06.2014 calling for application to fill up the anticipated vacancy of post of Executive Director (Law) in the Pay Band 4, Rs.37400-67000, Grade Pay Rs.10,000/-in various national dailies. The last date for receipt of on-line application was 04.07.2014 and receipt of hard copy was 11.07.2014. (The earlier advertisement dated 05.06.2014 is reproduced below).
It has now been decided to extend the last date of receipt of on-line application to 31.08.2014 and last date for receipt of hard copy to 05.09.2014.
Candidates who have already applied against the earlier advertisement dated 05.06.2014 need not apply again.Executive Director (Law) is the Head of Law Division of this Commission, which aids and advices the Commission on all legal matters. The duties includes interpretation of Law, drafting and vetting of Rules and Regulations of Commission, Orders including Tariff Orders, Petitions, Replies, Appeals to be filed before the Appellate Tribunal of Electricity / Supreme Court, etc. Being Head of Law Division, the incumbent should be a person with sound legal grounding with some experience in the matters governing Electricity Laws.
The earlier advertisement dated 05.06.2014 is reproduced below:Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission invites applications from eligible candidates to consider filling up following anticipated vacancy. The vacancy shall be filled up either on Deputation or on Contract basis in accordance with the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (Management & Development of Human Resources) Regulations 2001 (as amended from time to time). However, the preferred mode of recruitment is Deputation. The Regulations can be accessed / downloaded from DERC’s Website: www.derc.gov.in.
- Name of the Post, Scale of Pay, Group, Number of vacancies : Executive Director (Law)Pay Band – 4 Rs. 37400-67000 Grade Pay Rs. 10,000/- Group – A (01 post) Anticipated
- Essential Qualification : 1. Law Degree from recognized University Law School.2. Officers holding analogous posts on Regular basis ORWith 2 years regular service in the Pay Band – 4, Grade Pay – Rs. 8900/- or equivalent ORWith 3 years regular service in the PayBand – 4, Grade Pay – Rs. 8700/- OR Equivalent.
- Desirable Qualification : 1. Experience of handling legal matters in senior position in Central Govt. / State Govt. or any PSU involving administrative, commercial & contract law.2. Experience in drafting statutes and / or legislations.
- The preferred mode of appointment for the above post is Deputation from Central/State/UT Government Departments, Statutory/Autonomous/ Constitutional/Cooperative/Local Govt. Bodies and Public Sector Undertakings, Corporations etc. under administrative control of Central/State/UT Governments. In the event of non availability of suitable candidate for appointment on deputation, the post can be filled up on contract recruitment basis. The Commission shall have full discretion to fill up the post through any of the two modes viz. Deputation/Contract recruitment as per the specific requirement. The Commission’s decision in this regard shall be final.
- The vacancy against the said post may vary and also Commission reserves the right not to fill the above mentioned anticipated vacancy. The Commission may consider and extend the Deputation / Contract of the present incumbent in the post against which the anticipated vacancy mentioned above is advertised. In case of any such eventuality, no action on the applications received against this anticipated vacancyshall be taken by the Commission and the advertisement of such vacancy shall be treated as withdrawn.
- The Pay & Allowances and other terms and conditions of appointments on deputation basis will be regulated in accordance with the instructions contained in the Department of Personnel & Training OM. No. 6/8/2009-Estt. (Pay II) dated 17.06.2010, as amended from time to time. The pay package of the appointee on Deputation / Contract, shall be in accordance with the DERC (Management & Development of Human Resources) Regulations 2001, as amended from time to time, which includes Basic pay, Dearness Allowance, HRA, Transport Allowance, Children Education Assistance, reimbursement of residential newspaper / magazines / telephone / internet etc to eligible categories. All DERC employees shall be covered under DERC (Medical Attendance) Regulations, 2003, which provides flexible medical reimbursement scheme. The Management & Development of Human Resources Regulations and the Medical Attendance Regulations can be seen at the Commission’s Website. The employee appointed on deputation and on contract basis is also eligible for the leased accommodation / self lease within the ceiling prescribed by the Commission.
- The age limit is subject to general guidelines issued by Central Govt. / Govt. of NCT of Delhi. The crucial date for determining eligibility criteria / age limit in respect of anticipated vacancy would be the last day of the month in which the anticipated vacancy is likely to arise.
- For fulfilling the eligibility criteria of this post, regular service of certain years in various pay scales has been prescribed as essential qualification. The pay scale shown in the eligibility criteria are Central Government Scale of Pay and Dearness Allowance pattern applicable w.e.f. 01.01.2006 and the eligibility of candidates shall be accordingly determined with reference to these pay scales. The eligibility of such candidates who are working in Public Sector Undertakings or other Govt. Organizations where Industrial/Variable Dearness Allowance pattern is applicable shall be determined by equating their IDA/VDA pattern Pay scale with the requisite CDA pattern Pay scales of eligibility in the following mannerFurther, only those applicants who hold the post as well as the pay scale of that post on substantive basis shall be considered eligible for appointment. The Competent Authority may, however, in most deserving cases,consider relaxation in the eligibility criteria in public interest.
How to Apply: ONLINE APPLICATION: The candidates must submit application ONLINE for which a provision has been made in DERC website. The candidates should click “APPLY ONLINE” link provided in the notice for vacancies to open ONLINE Application Form . Please follow the instructions and proceed to fill the form. Please note that all fields to be filled and no column should be left blank. You are also requested to upload relevant documents at appropriate column to substantiate essential qualifications possessed by you.
The candidates after successfully submitting application ONLINE, should take a Print out of the application form, paste his/her recent photograph, put his/her signature in the appropriate column / space in the application, and must enclose a self attested copy(s) of the certificates to substantiate the educational / other essential qualifications mentioned in the application form) and send it to the Secretary, DERC at the address given above. The envelope ontaining the application must mention the name of the post applied for.
Last date of application:The last date for submission of ON-LINE application is 04.07.2014.The last date for receipt of hard copy of ON-LINE application is 11.07.2014. APPLICANTS IN CENTRAL/STATE/UT GOVERNMENT SERVICE OR IN THE SERVICE OF AUTONOMOUS / STATUTORY BODY / PSU / CORPORATIONS ETC. SHOULD APPLY THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL ONLY. THE APPLICATIONS OF SUCH APPLICANTS SHOULD BE FORWARDED WITH ATTESTED COPIES OF ANNUAL CONFIDENTIAL REPORTS OF LAST FIVE YEARS AND VIGILANCE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE.
Incomplete application or application submitted in a different format is liable to be summarily rejected.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply :31.08.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From DERC|
25-10-2016 , 26-10-2016