Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Director General through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed B.E/ B.Tech/ M.E/ M.Tech/ Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Director General on or before 15/02/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY)|
|Vacancy Name||Director General|
|Educational Qualification||B.E/B.Tech/ M.E/M.Tech/ M.Phil/Ph.d|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||15/02/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Department of Electronics & Information Technology, Electronics Niketan, 6, CGO Complex, New Delhi-110003|
Detail of Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) Director General Recruitment:
Filling up the post of Director General, Standardization, Testing and Quality Certification Directorate in the Pay Band – 4 with Grade Pay of Rs. 10,000/- on deputation (including short-term contract) failing which by direct recruitment basis in the Department of Electronics & Information Technology – regarding. Standardization, Testing and Quality Certification (STQC) Directorate is an attached office of Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY) and is a key assurance service-providing agency in the area of Quality & Information Technology. With the nationwide Infrastructure, STQC occupies a prime position as far as Testing, Certification and related Quality Assurance services in the area of Electronics and IT are concerned. STQC is engaged in number of programmes and schemes aimed at export promotion, assuring quality of e-Governance products and establishing Information Security Assurance framework in the country through its subordinate offices all over India namely Electronics Regional Test Laboratories (ERTLs) / Electronics Test and Development Centres (ETDCs) / Centre for Reliability (CFR). Further details with regard to STQC Directorate are available at its official website i.e. www.stqc.gov.in.
- Name of Organization: Standardization, Testing and Quality Certification Directorate
- Name of Post: Director General
- Number of Post: One
- Classification: General Central Services Group `A’ Gazetted, Non-Ministerial
- Pay Band & Grade Pay: Pay Band-4, Rs.37400-67000/-, Grade Pay: Rs.10000/-
- Method of Recruitment: By deputation (including short-term contract) failing which by direct recruitment. For ex-serviceman- Deputation/re-employment.
- Period of Deputation: Period of deputation (including period of deputation) in another excadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization or Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed five years.
- Eligibility: (A) Deputation: Officers of the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertaking or Autonomous bodies; having following experience & qualifications: (a) (i) holding analogous post on a regular basis in the parent cadre or Department; OR (ii) with two years service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in the Pay Band-4 Rs.37400-67000/- with Grade Pay of Rs.8900/- or equivalent; OR (iii) with three years service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in the Pay Band-4 Rs.37400-67000/- with Grade Pay of Rs.8700/- or equivalent; and (b) Possessing the qualifications and experience prescribed for direct recruitment:
- Direct Recruitment: Upto 50 years (relaxable for Government servant upto five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government from time to time).
- Educational Qualifications: Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or Institute or equivalent.
- Desirable: Ph.D in Science or Technology from a recognized University or Institute or equivalent.
- Experience: Experience of fifteen years for the candidates holding Master’s Degree and eighteen years for the candidates holding Bachelor’s Degree in the field of standardization, quality assurance and reliability pertaining to electronics products; out of which five years experience in a senior responsible position managing technical laboratories.
- Desirable: (i) Experience in production or research and development in electronics; (ii) Experience in dealing with projects involving foreign collaboration and liaison with Government Departments and industries; (iii) Experience of marketing of service to industries; (iv) Experience of planning and introduction of international quality assurance practices for quality improvement of electronics products.
- Crucial date for determining age limit: The crucial date for determining the age-limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates in India and not the closing date prescribed for those residing in remote areas such as Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of Jammu and Kashmir State, Lahual and Spiti District and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, the Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands or the Union Territory of Lakshadweep.
- For Ex-serviceman: The Armed Forces personnel due to retire or who are to be transferred to reserve within a period of one year and having the requisite experience and qualifications prescribed above shall also be considered. Such persons shall be given deputation terms up to the date on which they are due for release from the Armed Forces, thereafter, they may be continued on re-employment.
Selection Procedure for Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) – Director General Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/02/2015
- By deputation (including short-term contract) failing which by direct recruitment. For ex-serviceman- Deputation/re-employment.
How to apply for Director General Vacancy in Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY):
Applications of eligible and willing persons who can be spared immediately, in the prescribed format (Annexure-II) may be forwarded through proper channel to Shri Girish Sahai, Joint Director (Pers.), Department of Electronics & Information Technology, Electronics Niketan, 6, CGO Complex, New Delhi-110003, within 45 days from the date of publication of advertisement in the Employment News. 10 more days shall be given in respect of applications received from the candidates residing in remote areas as given in Column 9 of Annexure-I. The application must be accompanied by photocopies of ACRs for the last five years duly attested by an officer not below the rank of Under Secretary or equivalent. While forwarding the applications, it may please be certified that the particulars furnished by the officer(s) are correct and that no disciplinary or vigilance case is either pending or contemplated against the officer. It may also be confirmed that in the event of selection, the officer concerned will be relieved of his/her duties. The integrity of the officer may also be certified by an officer of the rank of Under Secretary or equivalent. Applications, which are incomplete or are not accompanied with the photocopies of ACRs for the last five years and other relevant documents in support of age, educational qualifications experiences etc. will not be entertained and no correspondence will be made or entertained in this regard. Candidates once selected will not be allowed to withdraw his/her name on a later date. The vacancy is likely to arise in the month of January, 2015, due to VRS notice given by present incumbent.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/02/2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From DeitY|
|Other Central Government jobs|
23-10-2016 , 24-10-2016