Department of Ex Servicemen Welfare (DESW) invites application for the recruitment of Prime Ministers Scholarship with BBA/BBM, BDS, BCA, BE/B.Tech, BEd, MBBS, B.Pharm holders
Company name :Department of Ex Servicemen Welfare (DESW)
Posts :Prime Ministers Scholarship
Qualification : BBA/BBM, BDS, BCA, BE/B.Tech, BEd, MBBS, B.Pharm
Salary : NA
No of Post : 4000
Last date to apply : 30 Nov 2014
Details of Post :
Prime Ministers Scholarship
Applications are invited for the scholarship under the PMSS from the dependent wards / widows of Ex-servicemen and Ex-Indian Coast Guard personnel pursuing Professional Degree Courses, duly recognized by the respective government regulatory bodies such as MCI, AICTE and UGC etc. Only those candidates who have joined the Professional Courses in the academic year 2014-15 may apply.
Scholarships Available : A total number of 4000 students will be selected.
- Students Eligible for Scholarship : (a) Students who have taken admission in 2014 are only eligible to apply for PMSS 2014-15. Students should have scored 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation. (b) Students who are Dependent Wards / Widows of Ex Servicemen & Ex Coast Guard personnel who died in harness / disabled due to causes attributable to military service / coast guard service, irrespective of the rank. (c) Dependent wards of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows (below officer rank only).
- Eligible Courses : Professional Degree Courses like BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, B Ed, BBA, BCA, B Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India, UGC. (Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA, MCA). Students can see the list of eligible courses for details. Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme. Students getting stipend for the Professional Degree Courses are also not entitled. No distance learning course is permitted under PMSS. PMSS can be availed for one course only.
- Scholarship for Integrated Courses : The facility under PMSS is restricted for Professional Degree Course only, such as B Ed but not for BA+B Ed, also for LLB not for BA+LLB. In case of integrated ME / M Tech / M Pharma initial four years scholarship will be given.
- Minimum Marks in MEQ should be 60%. MEQ for entry to various Professional Courses differs e.g. for MBBS it is 10+2 where as for BE / B Tech it is 10+2 / Diploma, It is graduation for B Ed and MBA. A candidate must have minimum 60% marks in MEQ to be considered for scholarship.
- Duration of Scholarship : Two to five years as duration of the course approved by the concerned Regulatory Body (Except one year for B Ed).
- Amount of Scholarship : (a) Rs. 2000/- per month for boys. (b) Rs. 2250/- per month for girls. Paid Annually
Selection Procedure : Applications will be shortlisted based on Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard category (as given below in Para 7) and percentage of marks obtained in MEQ.
How to apply
Last date of receipt of application at respective RSB / Coast Guard Headquarter is 30 November 2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 30 Nov 2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From DESW|
19-01-2017 , 20-01-2017