Department of Higher Education (DHE) invites application for the recruitment of Assistant Director with Any Graduate holders
Company name :Department of Higher Education (DHE)
Posts :Assistant Director
Qualification : Any Graduate
Salary : NA
No of Post : 01
Location :New Delhi
Last date to apply :10/4/2014
Details of Post :
UNESCO Headquarters, Paris has· advertised for the post of Assistant Director General (ADG) of the Bureau of Strategic Planning. Re\evant details are on the next page. Applications must be submitted directly to UNESCO by 4th October, 2014 through online under intimation to [email protected]
UNESCO has a special role to play in strengthening the foundations of lasting peace and equitable and sustainable development Advanci cooperation in education, the sciences, culture, communication and information is of strategic relevance at a time w en societies across the world face rising pressures of changeand complex, interdisciplinary
Under the authority oft e Directo_r-General, the Assistant Director-General is responsible for the leadership and management of the Bureau of Strateg c Planning and for providing strategic vision and coordination of programme and budgetary planning and monitoring, in liais n with Programme Assistant Director-Generals, for both Headquarters Sectors and Field Offices, in line with the Organizati n’s Medium-Term Strategy for 2014-2021, the prevailing Programme and Budget and the emerging post-2015 development agenda.
The mission of the Bure u of Strategic Planning (BSP) is to coordinate the Secretariat’s strategic, programmatic and budgeting issues, and cooperatio with extrabudgetary funding sources and to develop, promote and coordinate public-private partnerships. The Bure u serves as the entry point for programme reporting and monitoring, and provides programme management support a d backstopping to Field Offices for joint programming exercises.
The Bureau will focus :
- preparation o the biennial Budget and quadrennial Programme of the Organization, ensuring compliance with guidance pro ided by the Governing Bodies, and coordination of the development of strategic approaches for a variety of pro ram me issues;
- results-based anagement (RBM) and results-based budgeting (RBB), risk management approaches and preparing statutory rep rts on the implementation of the Approved Programme and Budget (C/5) and extrabudgetary projects;
- mobilization of extrabudgetary resources from traditional and new donors, with emphasis on thematic programmati support in line with approved programme priorities and expansion and diversification of the donor base;
- oversight and backstopping of the programmatic activities of Field Offices, including for UNDAFs and joint United Nations syste activities at national and regional levels;
- supervision o the Directors/Heads of Field Offices and coordination and management of their performance, based on programm delivery performance and other areas of their responsibility, in close coordination with Programme Assistant Dire tor-Generals;
- providing lea ership and coordination of UNESCO’s participation in and contribution to the UN system inter-agency activities at g obal, regional and national levels, including in particular contributions to the Chief Executives’ Board (CEB) and its ·ubsidiary bodies HLCP, HLCM and UNDG and their related ad hoc groups;
- overseeing th implementation of the integrated comprehensive strategy for Category 2 institutes and centres. The incumbent will int ract and cooperate closely and at the highest level with government leaders and representatives, ministers and senior-l vel ministerial representatives, Permanent Delegations to and National Commissions for UNESCO, UNESCO intergovernm ntal programmes, institutes and centres under the auspices of UNESCO (category 2), and other multilateral and bilater I organizations, non-governmental organizations, etc., with a view to furthering UNESCO’s mandate and objectives as well s the priorities adopted by the governing bodies. ‘Phe incumbent will also represent the Director
As you- know, the -Secretariat- accords–: great-importance- to geographical distribution and gender, especially -at the–senior level. I should be grateful, therefore, if you would assist me in achieving a more balanced geographical distribution, as well as an equitable repre$entati_on of women, by encouraging appropriate and qualified-caildidates to apply.
Candidates who wish to be considered for this post shall apply online, via the dedicated UNESCO website, Careers, as soon as possible and well before the closing date, and ensure tbat applications are well received in the system.
Candidates will receive an automatic acknowledgement of receipt by email confirming the registration of their applications.
HOW TO APPLY:
It is important to note that all applications must be correctly submitted by 4 October 2014 at the latest. Should you have any queries, please send an email to [email protected] Exceptionally, candidates without access to the Internet shall submit their application, quoting the post number: “BSP 001”, to the following address below:
Director Bureau of Human Resources Management (HRM) UNESCO 7 place de Fontenoy 75352 Paris 07-SP France Only applications received at this address within the stipulated deadline
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply :10/4/2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From DHE||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
23-01-2017 , 24-01-2017