Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Director through recruitment notification – Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) Recruitment 2015 – ADVT.NO.5/8(2)/2014/IPR/R&D-II. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Director Job on or before 24/8/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Department of Atomic Energy (DAE)
Vacancy Name : Director
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No of Vacancy : 1 Post
Salary : Rs.67,000-79,000/- p.m
Job Location : Mumbai
Last Date to Apply for this job : 24/8/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Mumbai
Detail of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) Director Recruitment:
The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) is looking for an eminent scientist of international repute for appointment as Director in Institute for Plasma Research (IPR), Gandhinagar. IPR is a Grant-in-Aid Institution of Department of Atomic Energy. IPR is an internationally renowned research institute in the area of basic and applied research in plasma physics, thermonuclear fusion and other related areas. For the purpose of conducting academic programmes, IPR is a Constituent Institution of the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a Deemed University.
- Scale of Pay of the post The Scale of pay of the post of Director, IPR is Rs.67000-79000 (HAG) plus allowances as per rules of the Government of India.
- Tenure of the post The tenure of the appointment will be for five years from the date of appointment or until 60 years of age, whichever is earlier, which may be extended at the discretion of the Governing Council of IPR with the approval of the Government of India.
- Nature of Duties The Director, IPR is the Academic as well as the Administrative Head of the Institute. He/She shall be overall responsible for carrying out functions and responsibilities assigned to IPR by Government of India or the Governing Council of IPR. He/She shall be responsible for the management of the human and financial resources of the Institute. He/She will be the Head/Member/Invitee of such Bodies/Agencies/ Organisations/Committees as decided by Government of India or the Governing Council of IPR from time to time. He/She shall guide and motivate the team of Scientists/Academics and other personnel of the institute. He shall be responsible for the implementation of various research programmes / projects by optimum utilization of available resources. He/She will closely interact with the Department of Atomic Energy and its constituent units as well as with research organizations and universities, India and abroad. He/She shall perform duties in accordance with the bye-laws/rules of the Institute and rules/directives from Government of India from time to time. He/She shall be under the Administrative control of the Governing Council of the Institute. He/She shall assign duties to all the employees of the Institute as per bye-laws/rules and shall exercise supervision and control as prescribed in the bye-laws/rules. He/she shall exercise such financial powers as delegated to him/her by the Governing Council in consultation with Government of India, wherever necessary. He/She shall be the Disciplinary Authority in respect of such set of employees as prescribed under bye-laws/rules.
- Eligibility criteria: Age : Candidate shall not be less than 45 years of age and shall not be more than 57 years of age as on 01.07.2015.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate should be a Ph.D in Physics with first class or equivalent at preceding degree. He/She should be an eminent scientist with excellent academic background, high quality R&D output in the area of plasma sciences and related technologies. Scientific research and successful Project implementation track record in the field of plasma science and technology is necessary.
- Essential Experience: Experience in analogous grade or five years experience in one grade below HAG grade (Professor or SO/H) (PB-4 with Grade Pay Rs.10000), in managing a large scientific community in the execution of projects or leading a large scientific research group/reputed institutions. He/she should have excellent publication record, proven experience of leading a group and should be able to elicit, national and international recommendations etc. He or she should have rich experience in project implementation with optimum utilization of available resources.
- Desirable Experience: Apart from the above essential qualifications, the candidate is expected to be familiar with administrative and financial matters.
Selection Procedure for Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) – Director Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 24/8/2015.
- Appointment will be made by the Governing Council of IPR with the approval of Government of India on the recommendations of a Search-cum-Selection Committee. The Search-cum-Selection Committee constituted for the purpose of selection of the Director will consider applications received in response to this advertisement as well as nominations received from eminent persons.
How to apply for Director Vacancy in Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) :
Interested individuals may apply giving their detailed Resume, in the prescribed proforma along with a one page Vision statement for the Institute. The application typed on plain paper alongwith enclosures may be sent by Registered/Speed Post to Under Secretary, Office of Secretary, Department of Atomic Energy, Anushakti Bhavan, C.S.M Marg, Mumbai – 400 001. Persons employed in Government Departments or Autonomous Institutions, under them must send their applications through proper channel. The prescribed proforma may be downloaded from the Department’s Website www.dae.gov.in. The last date for receipt of application by Registered post/Speed Post is 24.08.2015. The advance copy of the application can also be sent by email to email@example.com or by telefax to No. 022 22843888. However, the date of receipt of application by Registered post will be treated as valid date and all such applications received beyond the prescribed date shall be treated as invalid applications. Envelope containing application form should have inscribed on the top of it “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF DIRECTOR, IPR, GANDHINAGAR”. The Department of Atomic Energy will not be responsible for loss of any application in transit. The Department of Atomic Energy reserves its right to call only those candidates who are found eligible after screening, for interview or for the selection process or reject all the applications without assigning any reasons therefor.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 24/8/2015
Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) Recruitment 2014 – ADVT.NO.5/8(2)/2014/IPR/R&D-II.