Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Chairperson through recruitment notification – Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) Recruitment 2015 – No.2(1)/2015-Pers.I. Candidates who have completed Graduate, Post Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Chairperson on or before 10.04.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY)|
|Educational Qualification||Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||10.04.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Ministry of Communications and Information Technology Department of Electronics and Information Technology `Electronics Niketan’, 6, CGO Complex, New Delhi – 110003.|
Detail of Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) Chairperson Recruitment:
The Information Technology (IT) Act, 2000 was enacted, with a view to providing, inter-alia, legal recognition for transactions carried out by electronic data interchange and other means of electronic communication. As per Section 48 of Chapter X of the IT Act, Central Government established a Tribunal known as Cyber Regulations Appellate Tribunal at New Delhi. The IT Act, 2000 was further amended vide The Information Technology (Amendment) Act, 2008 dated 05.02.2009 and the said Tribunal has been renamed as Cyber Appellate Tribunal (CAT). In terms of the provisions of Section 49 of IT (Amendment) Act, 2008, the Cyber Appellate Tribunal consists of a Chairperson and such number of other Members, as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint. It is proposed to fill up the post of the Chairperson, CAT as per provisions of The Information Technology Act, 2000 as amended till date.
- Eligibility: A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a Chairperson of the Cyber Appellate Tribunal unless he is, or has been, or is qualified to be, judge of a High Court. A person on his selection as the Chairperson of the Cyber Appellate Tribunal shall have to retire from service before joining.
- Term of Office: The Chairperson of the Cyber Appellate Tribunal shall hold office for a term of five years from the date on which he enters upon his office or until he attains the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier.
- Salary & Allowances and other conditions of service: The Chairperson shall be paid such salary and allowances, as are admissible to a Secretary to the Government of India, including all the benefits that a Secretary is entitled to. In the case of appointment of a person as the Chairperson, who has retired as a Judge of the Supreme Court or a High Court and who is in receipt of, or has become entitled to receive any retirement benefits by way of pension, gratuity, employer’s contribution to Contributory Provident Fund or other forms of retirement benefits, the pay of such Chairperson shall be reduced by the gross amount of pension or employer’s contribution to the Contributory Provident Fund or any other form of retirement benefit, if any, drawn or to be drawn by him. Provided that in case a retired Judge of a Supreme Court or a High Court is appointed as the Chairperson, the terms and conditions of service of such Chairperson shall be in accordance with the instructions issued by the Ministry of Finance in respect of appointment of Judges to various Tribunals and in consultation with that Ministry.
- Leave, Travelling Allowances, Leave Travel Concession etc. would be admissible as per Govt. of India decisions issued from time to time.
- House Rent Allowance: The Chairperson of Cyber Appellate Tribunal shall be entitled to house rent allowance at the same rate as are, for the time being, admissible to Group ‘A’ officers of the Central Government drawing equivalent pay and grade pay.
- Medical Facilities: The Chairperson shall be entitled to medical treatment and hospital facilities, as provided in the Central Government Health Scheme Rules, 1954 and in places where the Central Government Health Scheme is not in operation, the said Chairperson shall be entitled to the facilities as provided in the Central Services (Medical Attendance) Rules, 1944.
Selection Procedure for Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) – Chairperson Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 10.04.2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Chairperson Vacancy in Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY):
The eligible and interested persons may forward their applications in the prescribed format (Annexure) to Shri Girish Sahai, Joint Director (Pers.), Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Electronics Niketan, 6, CGO Complex, New Delhi- 110003, through Speed Post or Registered Post or by hand, to be received within 45 days from the date of publication of the advertisement in Employment News. The envelope containing the application may be superscribed as “Application for the post of Chairperson, Cyber Appellate Tribunal”. 10 more days shall be given in respect of applications received from the candidates residing in remote areas such as Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of Jammu and Kashmir State, Lahual and Spiti District and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, the Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands or the Union Territory of Lakshadweep. Those who are in service may send their application through proper channel along with photocopies of the ACRs of the last five years duly attested by an officer not below the rank of Under Secretary or equivalent. While forwarding the application, it may be verified and certified that no disciplinary proceedings or vigilance case is either pending or contemplated against the applicant. The integrity of the officer may also be certified along with a certificate that no minor / major penalty has been imposed on him. Applications which are incomplete and not in the prescribed form or not accompanied with the details as explained above, will not be entertained and would be summarily rejected without any further correspondence in this regard. An application received after the due date will not be entertained. A candidate once selected will not be allowed to withdraw his / her name.
As has been directed, I am to state that the I-Ugh Court upon considering the said notification decided to call for willingness applications from the Officers working in the cadre of District Judges and in pursuance thereof, it is requested to circulate among the District & Sessions Judges, working in your District! Unit and inform further that the Officers, who are eligible may download the copy of the letter from the High Court’s official Web Site and submit their willingness applications (in original), directly to the High Court, on or before 10.04.2015 by SPEED POST or any other source, before 5:00 p.m. Further, the applications received after 10.04.2015 will not be forwarded
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 10.04.2015
Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) Recruitment 2015 – No.2(1)/2015-Pers.I
23-02-2017 , 24-02-2017