Diesel Locomotive Works Indian Railways invites application for the recruitment of Vocational Training for Undergraduate (Engineering & Management) with Graduate holders
Company name : Diesel Locomotive Works Indian Railways
Posts : Vocational Training for Undergraduate (Engineering & Management)
Qualification : Graduate
Salary : NA
No of Post : NA
Location : Varanasi
Last date to apply : 01.12.2014
Details of Post :
Vocational Training for Undergraduate (Engineering & Management)
- Technical Training Centre (TTC), Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW), Varanasi will conduct Vocational Training for the Undergraduates of Engineering and Managements Studies. The duration of the internship shall not be more than 8 weeks.
- The application forms shall be available at TTC/DLW from 1st December 2014 based on the request letter in original from respective College / Institution.
- Facilities of internships will be offered to only those candidates who are still studying at Undergraduate level in Technical / Management areas and not to those who have passed the final examination and have left the Institution.
- No fee would be charged from trainees.
- No remuneration in the form of stipend, salary or allowances of any kind will be paid to the trainees by the DLW administration. No passes or PTOs will be issued to them.
- The trainees will have to conform to all General rules and regulations of discipline and conduct at the DLW Administration.
- The application of the student seeking internship should be sent along with a ‘No objection’ Certificate from the Institute where the student is pursuing the studies. Any loss or damage to equipment and fittings that may be caused by the trainee during the course of training in workshop etc., should be indemnified by the Parent/Guardian of the student.”
- The trainees will not be treated as employees of the DLW and as such will not be entitled to any compensation or damages from the DLW for any injury to them or to their property etc.
- The trainees will be under the administrative control and discipline of the head of the TTC/ DLW, Varanasi.
- On successful completion of internship, the trainees will have to submit a report giving their feedback including ideas / suggestion for innovation etc. A certificate will be issued to them by TTC/DLW, Varanasi only after submission of the report (preferably in soft copy).
- TTC/DLW may instruct an intern to terminate the programme at any time, as deemed fit, without assigning any reason. The decision of the TTC/DLW shall be final in this regard. Also an intern can leave the programme, if he/she desires, giving prior notice of seven (07) working days to the controlling officer. No certificate shall be awarded to such an intern.
- The internship course shall not confer any claim / right for any employment in any office / establishment under the administrative control of the Ministry of Railways / PSUs.
- A declaration incorporating the relevant points from the above will be taken by TTC/DLW as per the format attached in Annexure-1.
- Duly filled and signed application forms shall be accepted by TTC along with:
- No objection Certificate issued by Institution duly indicating the required training duration & date should be addressed to Principal, Technical Training Centre , DLW, Varanasi-221004.
- Declaration by the Student and Parent/Guardian in format attached Annexure-1.
- Three recent stamp size photographs of the candidate shall be pasted on the application form.
- The training is imparted mainly in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Civil engineering including Information Technology & Under graduate management studies. The available seats are as follows:
|SN||Branch||No. of seats|
|2||Electrical, Electronics, Communication Engg.||100|
|3||Civil Engg., IT, Under graduate management studies etc.||50|
The maximum number of trainees at any point is 50 students. In case more students are enrolled for training in that period, generally “first come, first serve” principle is followed.
- The normal training period shall be 4 to 6 weeks, which may be extended up to 8 weeks on special request from institute and with approval of Principal, TTC, DLW, Varanasi. The duration of the internship shall not be more than 8 weeks.
- At the time of form submission, acknowledgment receipt shall be provided to student.
- The wards of Railway employees should be verified by Training In-charge – TTC. A self attested copy of current pass declaration form of the Railway employee is required with the application form.
- Vocational trainees shall abide by all the statutory norms of Quality, Environment, Health and Safety Management Systems. In case of any accident or resultant casualties whatsoever during the training period, DLW cannot be held responsible under any circumstances. No trainee shall be allowed inside the workshop without Safety Shoes, Helmets and PPE’s.
- Photography in premises is strictly prohibited.
- The TTC/DLW administration’s decision regarding enlisting the students for training will be final and binding. Any subsequent correspondence from students or Engineering College will not be entertained.
- The trainees have to make their own arrangement for boarding and lodging.
- Training Schedule and duration is conditional and subjective. TTC/DLW Administration may prepone, postpone, curtail and/or cancel the training on administrative grounds. All rights on the subject are reserved by TTC/DLW Administration.
- Registration no., training duration and training area mentioned in the application form shall be specified by TTC/DLW office. It should not be filled by the candidate.
- No trainee shall be allowed inside the training area or TTC campus except the time allotted in the Admit form / gate pass.
- For further enquiries on the subject, Sri Upendra Kr. Rangappa /Trg. In-charge of TTC can be contacted on following number from Monday to Friday between 09.30 AM to 13.00 PM. Telephone no. 0542-2642625
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 01.12.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From DLWIR|