Election Commission of India (ECI) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Director (Law) through recruitment notification – Election Commission of India (ECI) Recruitment 2015 – NO. 181/1/2013(DEP). Candidates who have completed LLB can apply for the new recruitment notification from Election Commission of India (ECI).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Director (Law) Job on or before 24/7/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Election Commission of India (ECI)
Vacancy Name : Director (Law)
Educational Qualification : LLB
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : Rs.37,400-67,000/- p.m
Job Location : New Delhi
Last Date to Apply for this job : 24/7/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001.
Detail of Election Commission of India (ECI) Director (Law) Recruitment:
Filling up of one post of Director (Law) in the Election Commission of India in the Pay Band-4, Rs. 37400-67000/- with corresponding Grade Pay of Rs. 8700/- in the Secretariat of the Election Commission of India on deputation basis. It is proposed to fill up one post of Director (Law) in the Election Commission of India in the Pay Band- 4, Rs. 37400-67000/- with corresponding Grade Pay of Rs. 8700/- in the Secretariat of the Election Commission of India, New Delhi, on deputation basis. 2. Officers under the Central/State Government/High Courts/Legal departments of State Governments/PSU/Autonomous Bodies/Universities/UT Administration/Local Bodies and who are below 56 years of age as on closing date i.e. 24.07.2015 and possessing qualifications/experience laid down as under are eligible : –
|Degree in law from a recognized university or equivalent.||(a) Experience of working in the legal cell in government organization/ministries/departments/Legal departments of State Governments/PSU/Autonomous Bodies/Universities/UT Administration/Local Bodies. (b) Experience in providing legal advice. (c) Experience in drafting statutes and regulations.|
- The job-profile of the said post is as under:-
- All matters relating to court cases including reference from the President and Governors
- Legal vetting and legal interpretation of provisions of Election Laws
- Electoral Reforms
- Interpretation of election related laws
- Issuance of Statutory Directions and Instructions.
- Work relating to election expenditure of political parties, contesting candidates, paid news etc.
- To assist the Commission when it sits as Court in the dispute relating to political parties and disqualification of candidates
- The period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the Election Commission of India or some other organization/ department of the Central Govt. shall not ordinarily exceed three years.
Selection Procedure for Election Commission of India (ECI) – Director (Law) Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 24/7/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Director (Law) Vacancy in Election Commission of India (ECI) :
- The applications in the enclosed proforma (Annexure-I), along with attested copies of ACR/APAR for the last 3 years of the officers who could be spared within 15 days in the event of his/her selection, may be forwarded to the Principal Secretary (Admn.), Election Commission of India, Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001 on or before 24.07.2015. Applications received after the last date or otherwise found incomplete will not be considered.
- The pay and terms of deputation of the Officer selected on deputation will be regulated under the provisions contained in the Deptt. of Personnel and Training O.M. No.6/8/2009-Estt.(Pay-II) dated 17.06.2010 as amended from time to time.
- The officers who apply for the post will not be allowed to withdraw their candidature subsequently.
- Those who have already applied in response to earlier advertisement may also re-apply through proper channel.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 24/7/2015
Election Commission of India (ECI) Recruitment 2014 – NO. 181/1/2013(DEP).