English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of PROFESSOR through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the PROFESSOR Job on or before 14/2/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU)|
|Total No of Vacancy||02 Post|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||14/2/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Osmania University Campus, Ravindra Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana 500605|
Detail of English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU) PROFESSOR Recruitment:
Reporting to the Chair, School of Early Childhood Education, the Professor will be responsible for providing academic leadership in and beyond the classroom, ensuring an effective and engaging learning environment for students through his/her participation in the design, revision and delivery of curriculum, developing a schedule based on appropriate learning materials, evaluating student performance and providing academic counselling to students. In these respects, the Professor must be able to work effectively both independently and as a team member. The Professor is required to become familiar with the vocational objectives and career paths of his/her students and, where appropriate, incorporate this knowledge into course materials and assignments. It is essential that the Professor be receptive to employing new teaching methods and be willing to participate in the adaptation of subjects, or parts of subjects, to electronic and other self-directed and project-based delivery modes within and outside the classroom. The Professor will participate in the work of curriculum, program advisory or other committees and will stay current in the fields in which he/she teaches. The Professor will be required to represent the College to community groups, business and professional associations and accrediting organizations. The Professor may be also called upon to contribute to other areas of activity ancillary to the academic programs of the School.
- The successful candidate will be able to teach a variety of courses, both at the diploma and degree level in the following areas: Constructivist curriculum, educational pedagogy, research methodology, inclusive practice, and children’s mental health.
- Responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students including the design, revision, and updating of courses.
- Consults with program and course directors and other faculty members, advisory committees, accrediting agencies, potential employers and students.
- Defines course objectives, evaluates and validates them; specifies or approves learning approaches and necessary resources.
- Develops individualized instruction and multimedia presentations where applicable, focusing primarily on experiential and project-based learning.
- Selects or approves textbooks and learning materials.
- Teaches assigned courses, including: ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques.
- Carries out regularly scheduled instruction; provides tutoring and academic counselling to students.
- Provides a learning environment, which makes effective use of available resources, work experience, and field trips.
- Evaluates student progress/achievement and assumes responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses.
- Provides guidance to Instructors relative to the Instructors’ teaching assignments.
- Participates in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees as requested.
- From time to time, may be called upon to contribute to other areas ancillary to the role of Professor, such as student recruitment and selection, timetabling, and facility.
- This position requires a completed PhD in Early Childhood Studies or a closely related field. If education is in another field, state how it is related.
- A minimum of two years teaching experience in a post-secondary Degree level program.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working with children and families in an early learning and care setting is required.
- Knowledge of curriculum development at a specialist level and ability to teach an emergent approach to curriculum development.
- Knowledge of leadership and professionalism in the early education field is desirable.
- Motivation and a willingness to innovate and apply new teaching techniques and technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with computers and the use of technology in a classroom environment.
- Excellent presentation, communication and human relation skills to interact effectively with the College’s multi-cultural/racial/able student and staff population.
- The ability to convey the conceptual and practical aspects of curriculum to students, while respecting their diverse backgrounds, experience and individual learning styles, and an understanding of and commitment to equity in education.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with other faculty to develop and deliver curriculum.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for travel is an asset.
Consideration will be given to qualified internal full-time academic and partial-load employees first in accordance with the Collective Agreement requirements. New employees will be required to demonstrate the Faculty Basic Competencies by the end of their probationary period.
Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified candidates, especially aboriginal persons, francophone, members of sexual minority groups, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Selection Procedure for English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU)- PROFESSOR Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 14/2/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for PROFESSOR Vacancy in English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU):
Please prepare a covering letter and resume (as one document) with Competition 14F-1034 in the file name. Applications are accepted online at www.senecacollege.ca/careers All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 14/2/2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From EFLU|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|
09-12-2016 , 10-12-2016