English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Research, Teaching Jobs through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Sc, Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Research, Teaching Jobs Job on or before May 4, 2015 Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU)|
|Vacancy Name||Research, Teaching Jobs|
|Educational Qualification||M.Sc, M.Phil/Ph.d|
|Total No of Vacancy||02 Post|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||May 4, 2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU), Brussels, Belgium|
Detail of English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU) Research, Teaching Jobs Recruitment:
A faculty position (assistant professor, associate professor or full professor) in Computer Science (Web & Information Systems) is available in the Department of Computer Science at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium.
- The candidate is expected to reinforce the research of the WISE Lab (http://wise.vub.ac.be) by initiating and conducting research in a field that is related but complementary to the WISE lab’s current research. The current research of WISE is situated in the domain of innovative information systems, with special focus on Serious Games and on Cross-Media Information Spaces and Architectures. Within this research, the emphasis is on conceptual modelling, design techniques and methods, context-awareness and adaptivity, as well as usability and includes the development of engineering methodologies, software tools and software frameworks for these domains.
- Special preference will be given to candidates with expertise in a sub-discipline of data science, such as data visualization, data analytics, data security, data mining, or data modelling. Fundamental research as well as data science research applied in domains such as HCI, (serious) games or recommender systems, is eligible.
- The applicant has to fit in the research culture of the WISE group. WISE puts a strong emphasis on conceptual modelling, design techniques and methods, semantics, and usability, as well as on engineering methodologies, tool development and software frameworks.
- The selected candidate is expected to contribute to the general duties of the department and the research group as specified by the university for the grade given (i.e. supervision of PhD and MSc students as well as launching and seeking financing for new research projects).
- Teaching The teaching load associated with a full-time appointment includes teaching general Computer Science courses at the bachelor level as well as specialised, research-related courses at the master level. The concrete list of courses will be negotiated based on the selected candidate’s expertise, but will be situated in the broad field of databases, information systems and/or web systems.
- Desired Profile
- Ph.D. in Computer Science
- The candidate has a strong expertise in a field that is related to the expertise of WISE. By preference this is expertise in a sub-discipline of data science, such as data visualization, data analytics, data security, data mining or data modelling. Fundamental as well as more applied research in domains such as HCI, (serious) games or recommender systems is eligible.
- The applicant has to fit in the research culture of the WISE group (http://wise.vub.ac.be). WISE puts a strong emphasis on conceptual modelling, design techniques and methods, semantics and usability, as well as on engineering methodologies, tool development and software frameworks.
- The applicant has to have strong academic credentials and a strong publication record that demonstrate his/her expertise
- For the level of assistant professor, by preference the applicant has some experience with supervising PhD and MSc students and with managing research. The track record of the applicant also has to demonstrate potential for launching and seeking financing for new research projects.
- For the level of associate or full Professor, the applicant has proven experience with supervising PhD and MSc students and with managing research. The applicant has to have a track record on project acquisition.
- The candidate should be able to teach both in English and in Dutch. A candidate without knowledge of Dutch must be prepared to learn Dutch in a relatively short period. This is a condition for a permanent position.
- Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Every first appointment is dependent upon the successful delivery of a teaching session.
- Faculty members with teaching duties are required to prove their command of the teaching language. For example, in order to teach in English, the candidate has to provide evidence of proficiency in English at C1 level by submitting a language certificate (or a waiver).
- Non-Dutch speaking candidates have a period of three years to obtain the B2 certificate in Dutch language.
Selection Procedure for English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU)- Research, Teaching Jobs Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before May 4, 2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Research, Teaching Jobs Vacancy in English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU):
Application deadline: May 4, 2015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job May 4, 2015
25-10-2016 , 26-10-2016