Gauhati University invites application for the recruitment of Professors with M.Sc./M.Tech./M.A./MBBS/MD/Ph.D./M. Pharma/MVSc holders
Company name : Gauhati University
Posts : Professors
Qualification : M.Sc./M.Tech./M.A./MBBS/MD/Ph.D./M. Pharma/MVSc
Salary : Rs. 15,000-67,000/- P.M.
No of Post : 25
Location : Guwahati
Last date to apply : 15.10.2014
Details of Post :
Applications are invited from the Indian citizens for Twenty five (25) teaching posts of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor & Contractual Asstt. Professor under various departments of Gauhati University. Details of the advertisement, other terms and conditions and the application forms are available in the University website-www.gauhati.ac.in. Last date of receipt of filled-in application is 15.10.2014.
- Minimum essential qualification :
- Professor : M.Sc. Instrumentation Science/ Electronics Science/Physics with Ph.D. M.Sc./M.Tech. in Biotechnology/Biochemical Engineering/Genetic Engineering. a. M.A. in Corpus Linguistics b. Doctoral/post-Doctoral research experience in (i) planning compiling and developing spoken and/or written corpora for Assamese/Tibeto-Burman languages as Assam (corpus-based description and analysis of one or more language mentioned in (i) M.Sc./M.Tech. in Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Bioengineering.M. Pharma with Ph.D., Specilisation – Pharmacology/ Pharmaceutics or M.Sc. in Biotechnology/Medical Biotechnology/ Molecular/Biology/Immunology/ Bio Chemistry having Ph.D. with relevant research experience or M.V. Sc in Animal Biotechnology with Ph.D..
- Assistant Professor : MBBS-MD in pathology/ Medicine/ Microbiology or M.Pharma with Pharmaceutics/Pharmacology or M.Sc. in Applied Genetic/ Microbiology/ Biophysics with experience in the field of Health Care Research. As per UGC norms, preference will be given to candidate having knowledge of 1) Computer & Internet Savvy, 2) Electronic Media/Film Experience. a. M.A. in Descriptive Linguistics b. Expertise in language description and documentation, including software tools (praat, Field works). c. Good knowledge of Tibeto-Burman Linguistics with reference to functional syntax typology. a. M.A. in Descriptive Linguistics b. Expertise in language description and documentation, including software tools (praat, Field works). c. Good knowledge of Tibeto Burman Linguistics with reference to functional syntax typology.
- Asstt. Professor (Contractual) : 1) preference will be given to candidates having knowledge of Computer & Internet Savvy, 2) Electronic Media/Film Experience,3) Field experience in Journalism. M.Sc. in Zoology Animal Ecology/ Animal Ecology and Wild Life Biology. Research experience in Animal Ecology, experience in field study, computer knowledge & teaching experience preferable.
- Pay Band & Academic Grade Pay :
- Professor : PB-4 Rs. 37,400/- to 67,000/- & AGP Rs.10,000/-
- Associate Professor : PB-4 Rs. 37,400/- to 67,000/- & AGP Rs.9,000/-
- Assistant Professor : PB-4 Rs. 15,600/- to 39,100/- & AGP Rs.6,000/-
- For Contractual post(Consolidated pay) : Rs. 15,000/- per month for D (22 & 23) and Rs. 21,600/- for D(24)
Application Form :
Prescribe application form may downlowed from the G.U. website www.gauhati.ac.in.
Application Fees & Last date :
Candidates will be required to pay an amount of Rs. 1000/-(in case of SC, ST Rs. 500/-) Demand Draft in favour of Registrar, Gauhati University Payable at SBI Branch, G.U. as an application fees for the post.
How to apply :
Completed application in prescribe form along with necessary enclosures must reach. “The Registrar, Gauhati University, Guwahati-781014”, latest by 15.10.2014.
- Those who are willing to apply for more than one post, they must submit separate application form with separate application fees.
- The name of the posts & Department must be written on the envelope of the application.
- For candidates who will be applying for the post of Professor/Associate Professor filling up to IQAC format is mandatory along with the applications failing which applications will be rejected.
- In all cases two copies of application from with all testimonials need to be submitted.
- Those in employment should submit their application through proper channel up or submit the NOC from the authority concerned.
- Mere fulfilment of qualification will not entitle an applicant for inviting to the interview.
- Reservation policy of University will be applicable.
N.B. : Gauhati University reserves the right not to fill up any or all the advertised posts due to administrative exigencies and no claim can be made against the some by any person applying to the post.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 15.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From GU||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
23-01-2017 , 24-01-2017