Government of Jharkhand Sahibganj invites application for the recruitment of Municipal Finance Specialist with Any Graduate/ Post Graduate holders
Company name :Government of Jharkhand Sahibganj
Posts :Municipal Finance Specialist & More Vacancies
Qualification : Any Graduate/ Post Graduate
Salary : NA
No of Post : 06
Last date to apply : 20/10/2014
Details of Post :
Municipal Finance Specialist & More Vacancies
Head of Urban Cell and Urban Planning Specialist -01 Position
- Scope of Work The Team Leader may support the State UD department to: Over all coordination, project management, and technical support for UD department and State level Steering Committee. Provide technical and handholding support to cities for the preparation of CB plan, its implementation and monitoring. Provide technical and handholding support to cities for the preparation of Integrated City plan and business cum financial plan Provide technical and handholding support to cities in the preparation of integrated city plans, undertaking city planning survey etc. Any other related activities as decided by the State Steering Committee and the Secretary, UD department. Qualification and Experience Urban Planner/Management Expert, with strong background in project management with 7-10 yrs. in a managerial position. Senior engineers with at-least 7-10 yrs. experience in a managerial position can also be considered Experience in working with large scale urban development projects / programmes Experience in urban reform and capacity building programmes for ULBs Fluency in English and local language is essential.
Municipal Finance Specialist- 01 Position
- Scope of Work Specialist may support the State UD department to: Provide technical support and coordinate the work of cities on Integrated City Investment Plans and Financial Operating Plans. Support Capacity building Specialist to design and implement training and capacity building programme on resource mobilization to State and ULB staff and elected representatives. Support Capacity building specialist to prepare specialized training materials/modules, process manuals, procedures, toolkits, guidelines and other related activities for undertaking capacity building programmes on financial management. Provide technical guidance to State to prepare policy guidance and notes on municipal finance. Support ULBs to identify finance options available for financing urban infrastructure and leveraging JNNURM funds. Review estimates of detailed economic project costs and identify all project economic benefits in the cities. Conduct an affordability analysis and gather information to prepare as ample financial model for the project for ULBs. Support in the implementation of accounting and user charges reforms. Any other related activities as decided by the State Steering Committee and the Secretary, UD department.
- Qualification and Experience Graduate degree in Finance from recognized university with 7-10 years experience. Skill to evaluate urban infrastructure investments, and helping city government to use a range of options for financing projects. Experience to advice and train staff in municipal finance, project finance and resource mobilization. Fluency in English and local language essential
Solid Waste Management Specialist- – 01 Position
- Scope of Work The Specialist may support the State UD department to: Advise and provide technical support to SLNA to plan and design SWM policies and projects Provide technical support the ULB to review and verify designs and needs analyses of the proposed and ongoing solid waste management projects in the cities Provide technical support the ULB to set monitoring systems for cities for solid waste Management project including information on the composition and volume of waste generated from domestic and commercial sources as required for the preparation of a solid waste management plan. Provide technical advice and support to ULBs in the collection and transportation program, including vehicle routing, based on detailed and updated city maps; confirm equipment requirements; and preparation and specifications for tenders. Provide technical support the ULB to ascertain the preferred options for collection and willingness to pay for improved was to collection by households and businesses and determine the potential for private sector participation in waste collection, recycling, transportation, and disposal. Provide support to cities regarding changes in the institutional arrangements for Improving collection, transportation, and disposal of solid wastes. Any other related activities as decided by the State Steering Committee and the Secretary, UD department.
- Qualification and Experience Engineering degree with broad range of experience in urban infrastructure and strong background in public health engineering, especially water supply and sanitation, roads and municipal waste management. Ability to assist ULBs to set standards and procedures for ensuring quality and monitoring compliance. Familiarity with legislative framework of Indian municipal environment. Prior experience as municipal engineer will be an added advantage Should have at least 7-10yrs. experience in urban infrastructure related to solid waste management Experience of work on multilateral supported projects, and at ULB level would be preferred. Fluency in English and local language essential
Capacity building/Institutional Strengthening Specialist – 01
- Position Scope of Work The Specialist may support the State UD department to: Prepare State Capacity building strategy and CB plan. Advuise ULB on matters relating to CB activities and their effective implementation. Provide technical support the ULB for the Capacity Need Assessment of ULB and prepare capacity building plan. Develop performance indicators and monitoring mechanism to monitor and evaluate the CB activities at State as well as ULB level. Design and develop training modules on CB in consultations with other specialists in the team. Any other related activities as decided by the State Steering Committee and the Secretary, UD department.
- Qualification and Experience Advanced University degree in the development field( Urban development or Social development) 7-10 yrs experience in training and capacity Building as well as competencies within or social development. Knowledge of adult learning methodology and capacity building experience within the urban sector, including experience in area such as capacity assessment, curricular development , course organization, problem -based( and not only content-based) training, and training impact evaluations. Computer literacy (word processing, presentation). Ability to work in a high pressure, ethnically diverse, political setting. Knowledge and experience of government system and procedures. Fluency in English and local language essential
IT cum Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – 01 Position
- Scope of Work The Specialist may support the State UD department to: IT related support for the above components of e-governance reforms Reporting to MoUD and SLNA on progress of e-governance reforms Coordination of data entry and file uploads into systems used by the ULB on a regular basis, Coordinate management of electronic data pertaining to the ULB, including soft copies of letters, reports and numerical data. Assist ULB officials in operating IT systems on a daily basis; provide handholding support when required. Quarterly Progress Reports related to status ofe-governance reforms Any other related activities as decided by the State Steering Committee and the Secretary,UD department
- Qualification The expert will have a management background and at-least 7-10 yrs. experience in monitoring and evaluating large projects and programs, preferably in the urban sector. Develop and strengthening ME system for projects, reforms and capacity building activities at State level Monitor the status of implementation of JNNURM-funded project investments vis-à-vis approved time lines and key deliverables Monitoring and evaluation and reporting to SLNA Assist the team leader in refining benchmarks and/or indicators against which progress of JnNURM can be measured. Assist in conducting survey to assess the conditions of important reforms at each level of government, as well as the status of the full-range basic services and systems Update, refine and expand the database at the city level Set up systems for measuring and monitoring and reporting on service level bench marks setup by MOUD. Fluency in English and local language essential
Social Development Specialist– 01 Position
- Scope of Work The Specialist may support the State UD department to: Compile and consolidate social analysis of projects proposed under JnNURM cities Develop social safe guard framework for JnNURM projects Ensure that the investment projects reflect social inclusion, and that they address the needs of the poor. Assess the social impacts of projects, and monitor their impacts over time. Advise ULB on reforms related to community participation Ensure that JNNURM-funded initiatives are planned and developed in a participatory manner Assist in establishing and institutionalizing systems of participatory decision making and information sharing in participating cities/ULBs Provide other necessary support as identified by the team leader. Any other related activities as decided by the State Steering Committee and the Secretary, UD department
- Qualification Masters or doctoral degree in Social Sciences, with practical experience of working in the development areas, preferably in urban development. Wide knowledge and experience in implementing governance reforms. Experience in social analysis, resettlement and rehabilitation. Should have at least 7-10 yrs. experience in undertaking social and community development initiatives and appraisals in the municipal environment, especially in relation to urban infrastructure projects. Fluency in English and local language essential
HOW TO APPLY:
Proof of Age , Educational & Professional Qualifications Certificates. Experience Certificates. Other CertificatesGovt. of Jharkhand
Urban Development Department .
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 20/10/2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From Government of Jharkhand Sahibganj||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
08-12-2016 , 09-12-2016