Government of Odisha invites application for the recruitment of Lady Matron with Graduate holders
Company name : Government of Odisha
Posts : Lady Matron
Qualification : Graduate
Salary : Rs.7500/- P.M.
No of Post : 200
Location : Odisha
Last date to apply : 09.10.2014
Details of Post :
Engagement of Matrons in the :Girls’ hostels of ST & SC Development Department has been approved by Finance Depal’tment vide -UOI No -3 6-88-11“. to look after the Safety and security of girls” bearders. The objective of the engagement will’be mainly to:
- ensure safety and security of the b0arders(girls) in thehostels.
- promote extra curricular actitivites,
- promote heatlh and hygienic habits among adolescent girls – prevent vincidence 0f mismanagement in hostels
- ensure service of quality food in the hostels and
- relieve the teachers of additional responsibility of mess management .
The Lady matrons Will have the responsibility of managing the day-to day hostel management activities, including mess activities and Will take care of the children staying away from home. It has beenv decided to engage lady matron on contractual basis initially for a period of 1 year in the hostels Where the strength of girl students exceed 100 but not more than 200. In case the strength of hostel exceeds 200, one more Matron will be placed.
Name of the Post : Lady Matron
- No of Post : 200
- Qualification : The minimum qualification should be graduation.
- Desirable : Similar Experience in the Hostel Management/ Working Knowledge of Computer/ Certificate in Nutrition/ Music/ Arts/ Co—currieular activities
- Age : 45 Years and above
- Remuneration : Lady matrons will be engaged on contractual basis with consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs.7500/- and engagement ‘is purely on temporary basis for one year at a time subject to renewal at the end of a year upon satisfactory performance. b. Free Boarding and lodgings facilities and medical facilities as applicable to boarders.
- Marital Status: Married Females gives Special preference will be given to widows, divorcees or’ single women
- . SMC/ SMDC Chairperson . Two representatives from parents (orie male and One female
- A centralised advertisement will be made by the District Administration specifying vacancy at the school level(ST/ SC Girls hostel)to submit application for the post of lady matrons within a period of three weeks.
- The District Administration after due date of receiptof applications will sort them outand send the applications to the respective SMC / SMDC of the school concerned.
- Selection will be done on the basis of mark secured in
- Graduation and taking into considerationthe relevant past experience and desirable qualifications. I a Preference will be given to meritorious candidates from ST, SC, OBC in that order.
- In the selection, first preference will be given to candidates belonging to the same Hword/ham’let in which the hostel is located, belonging to ST,,SC & OBC category in preference. Second preference will be given to candidate from the village, third preference will be given to the block and fourth to the district in which the hostel is located.
- The selection list will be drawn by a seven member Selection Committee comprising of: – Chairman to be nominated by the headmaster.) – members One Ward Member of the village Where the hostel isv located,- member Head Master/ Mistress of the Institution (Member Convenor) WEO (as invited member). CDPO of th€ concerned KIDS-member
- The select list will be submitted to the Collector of the district for approval.
- After approval, the engagement Will be given by the SMC. (sponsored by the District Administration)
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Matron would be as follows
- She will take care of the boarders like a foster mother and reside in the hostel
- She will stay in the dormitory during day time when boarders go to the school or attend to co-currieular activities and sleep with girls during night.
- She Will ensure cleanliness ‘ of the dormitory, toilets, bathroom, and surroundings with active participation of the girls and attendant on duty.
- She will check the entry of any men or unauthorised person in the hostel.
- She Will attend to any girl who comes back to the dormitory without attending to class activity and record the reason in writing and take remedial meastlre on the issue.
- She will liaison between ailing girls and ANM, if need be, inform it to the Assistant Superintendent / Head Master for action .
- She Will provide personal nursing care to the ailing girls to comfort them like their own mother.
- She will see that all boarders go to classes and other activities in time.
- She will periodically check the furniture, cots, light points, water points, bathing spots; kitchen rooms, damaged electrical wirings/ fitting Of the ‘hcstel and kitchen, water supply system for safety and security of the boarders.
- She will have a very cordial and affectionate interaction with the girls from time to time to know their personal needs and problems if any and help them overcome it.
- She will keep the keys of the hostel with her.
- She will keenly observe if any girl student is upset emotionally or subjected to depression and bring it to the notice of the Headmaster.
- Any other work mainly relating to the hostel as assigned by the Headmaster.
- She will look after the management of the hostel and do mess management. She will maintain hostel/Mess attendance register, consumption register, In & Out register, Stock & Store register, CCA log book, Mess cash book & such other records relevant to mess management.
- She will report to the Headmaster of the concerned school, the students of which are staying in the hostel.
- The Headmaster, however can assign any other duties and responsibilities as per need subject to condition that they do not compromise with and or related with the safety and security concern of the Girls’ boarders.
HOW TO APPLY :
The application should reach with in 15 days from the date of this advertisement. The application received beyond the date will not be considered. The undersigned reserves the right for cancellulion/mudilicatinn of this advertisement and increase or decrease of posts without assigning any reason thereof.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 09.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From GoO||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
23-10-2016 , 24-10-2016