Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) invites application for the recruitment of Associate Professor with PhD/ LLM holders
Company name :Gujarat National Law University (GNLU)
Posts :Associate Professor
Qualification : PhD/ LLM
Salary : Rs. 75000-90,000/- p.m
No of Post : 01
Last date to apply : 22 September 2014
Details of Post :
- Post Title:GNLU-Microsoft IPR Chair Professor / Associate Professor
- Remuneration :India Rs. 90,000/- for Professor / 75,000 Rs for Associate Professor (or equivalent amount in foreign currency)
- Department Research Department
- Type of Interview Personal Interview
- Date: Monday, 01 September 2014
- Closing Date: Monday, 22 September 2014
- PhD in IPR or fields closely associated with IPR LawOR
- LLM with excellent grade and with research experience of minimum 5 years in fields closely associated with IPR Law and Policy; Possession of PhD may offset the research experience requirement;
- Good knowledge of latest national and international research trends and developments in IPR Law and Policy field;
- Ability to conceptualize and organize international training workshops and brainstorming online/on-site discussions apart from teaching;
- Fluency in English language.OR
- Any outstanding scholar, researcher or practitioner who in the view of the Committee has made significant contribution to knowledge of IPR or who can realize the aim and objectives of the Chair.
- Experience in the duties of the chair as prescribed; and/or
- Experience in working with international IPR Law and Policy and research and or advocacy agencies, law firms, corporate houses and relevant governmental agencies/departments; and/or
- International exposure and outlook to IPR Law and Policy.
- Experience of research projects in the field of IPR.
- This appointment is initially for one year duration with subsequent extension depending upon the performance of the incumbent, needs of the University and renewal of agreement between GNLU & Microsoft for IPR Chair. GNLU retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower consolidated pay, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
- Only short listed candidates shall be called for interview
- Only applications received before the closing date with requisite application fee will be considered.Research Grant,
Support facilities and other benefits:
- A Research Associate having LLM in IPR and administrative assistant will assist the Chair.
- Research Project Grant: INR 200,000 annually for carrying out relevant research project and training.
- IPR Depository Grant: INR 150,000 annually for procuring and subscription of IPR books, reports, journals, databases, etc.
- INR 190,000 annually for participation in relevant conferences, workshops, travel etc.
- One-time grant of INR 100,000 for IT equipment, printer, etc.
- Office space, library facility, necessary furniture and fixture and such other amenities required to carry out excellent research and training programs.
- The Chair is initially for one year and may be extended annually for a period of one year at a time, upon satisfactory performance of the Chair and needs and interests as determined by the Microsoft India and the GNLU, with probation of three months in the first year of Chair. The duration shall be decided by the Selection Committee.
- The Chair can avail one day casual leave per month and sick leave as per the circumstances.
- A return economic class airfare between the home place and Ahmedabad will be provided upon joining and separation, during the entire duration of stay, subject to at least one-full year performance of duties.
- A subsidized boarding and lodging at the GNLU may be provided.
- The Chair shall be responsible for all other expenses concerning his/her stay at the GNLU, such as medical insurance, visa fee, etc.
- Depending upon the availability of resources, circumstances and needs of the University and the Microsoft India, the Selection Committee may recommend or adjust terms and conditions in context of attaining the aims and objectives of the Chair.
- The Chair shall be considered for all legal and practical purposes a non-employee of the GNLU or the Microsoft India. The holder of the Chair shall have no claim over duration of appointment or any other benefits or entitlements, due to the fact that another chair who is appointed under another scheme enjoys higher or lower level of honorarium, benefits and entitlements.
HOW TO APPLY :
Demand Draft: of Rs. 500/- (Rs.300/- for SC, ST, PWD category candidates) in favour of the Gujarat National Law University payable at Ahmedabad.Application should be addressed to The Registrar, Gujarat National Law University, Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba, Gandhinagar 382007, Gujarat (INDIA); Email: [email protected], tel: +91 (79) 2327 6611 / 12
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 22 September 2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From GNLU||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|