Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission (HERC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Member through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission (HERC).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Member Job on or before 27/4/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission (HERC)
Vacancy Name : Member
Educational Qualification : Any Graduate
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : Rs. 75,500 -80,000/- p.m
Job Location : Chandigarh.
Last Date to Apply for this job : 27/4/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : The Additional Chief l Secretary to Government Haryana, Power Department, Room No. 47, 9th Floor, Haryana Civil Secretariat, Chandigarh
Company Profile :
Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission (HERC) was established on 17th August 1998 as an independent statutory body corporate as per the provision of the Haryana Electricity Reform Act, 1997. Haryana was the second State in India to initiate the process of Reform & Restructuring of the Power sector. The Haryana Electricity Reform Act 1997 was passed by the Haryana State Legislative Assembly on 22nd of July 1997. After receiving assent of the President of India on 20th February 1998, this Act came into force on 14th August 1998. The erstwhile Haryana State Electricity Board was unbundled into two corporate bodies namely Haryana Power Generation Corporation Limited (HPGCL) for the Generation of Power and Haryana Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Limited (HVPNL) for the Transmission & Distribution of power within the state of Haryana. Subsequently, the activity of distribution and retail supply of power was entrusted w.e.f. 1st July 1999, to Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited (UHBVNL) for North circles and Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited (DHBVNL) for South circles of Haryana.
Detail of Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission (HERC) Member Recruitment:
- The Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission (HERC) was constituted in 1998 with a Chairman and two Members under the Haryana Electricity Reforms Act, 1997 to regulate the Electricity Industry in the State. On the appointment of Sh. Jagjeet Singh, as Hon’ble Chairman of Haryana Regulatory Commission, one post of Member, HERC has fallen vacant. A suitable person has to be selected for this post and a Selection Committee has been constituted for this purpose.
- The qualifications for appointment of Member of State Commission and their term of office and conditions of service are provided in Section 84 and 89 of the Electricity Act, 2003, respectively. Pay and allowances of Chairperson and Members of the State Commission have been provided in Rule-3 of the Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission (conditions of service of Chairman and Members) Rules, 1998 and amended vide notification dated 20.05.2009. An extract of Section 84, 89 of the Electricity Act, 2003 and Section-3 of the aforementioned rules is enclosed, for ready reference.
- As per Section 84 of the Electricity Act 2003, the Chairperson and the Member of the State Commission shall be person of ability, integrity and standing who has adequate knowledge of and has shown capacity in, dealing with problems relating to engineering, finance, commerce, economics, law or management. The chairperson and the Member of the State Commission shall not hold any other office as provided in sub-section (3) of Section 84 of the Electricity Act, 2003.
- The Chairperson and the Member shall hold office for a term of five years from the date he enters upon his office provided that no Chairperson or Member shall hold office as such after he has attained the age of sixty five years, as provided in Section 89 of the Act.
- As per Rule 3 of the Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission (Conditions of service of Chairman and Members) Rules 1998 and amended vide notification dated 20.05.2009, pay of Members shall be in the HAG plus Scale of Rs. 75,500 – 80,000- per month with grade pay nil and an annual increment at the rate of 3% subject to deduction of the gross amount of pension including any commuted portion thereof if already getting.
Selection Procedure for Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission (HERC) – Member Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 27/4/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Member Vacancy in Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission (HERC) :
The last date of receipt of applications, both by post/e-mail, is one month from the date of issue of this letter i.e 27.4.2015 The address for correspondence is:- The Additional Chief l Secretary to Government Haryana, Power Department, Room No. 47, 9th Floor, Haryana Civil Secretariat, Chandigarh. Email: [email protected] Fax No. 0172-2560589.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 27/4/2015
OTHER TOP COMPANIES :
|Company Name||Number of
|Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission||4,521|
|Staff Selection Commission Bihar||4,391|
|Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission||1,509|
|Odisha Public Service Commission||963|
|South Eastern Railway||663|
|Ministry of Home Affairs||549|
|Industrial Development Bank of India Bank Limited||500|
|Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited / Visakhapatnam Steel Plant||488|
|SBI Life Insurance||380|
|Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission||372|
|Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank||359|