High Court of Karnataka invites application for the recruitment of Research Assistants with LLB holders
Company name : High Court of Karnataka
Posts : Research Assistants
Qualification : LLB
Salary : Rs. 20000/- P.M.
No of Post : 02
Location : Bangalore
Last date to apply :24.11.2014
Details of Post :
- No of post : 02
- Qualification : Candidates holding a Degree in Law from a recognized University and enrolled as an advocate under the Advocates Act, 1961 and who has been in practice for not less than three years as on 01.10.2014 are eligible to apply. Applications of ineligible candidates will be summarily rejected without any notice.
- Salary : During the period of assignment the Research Assistant will be paid a monthly honorarium of Rs.20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand only).
Terms and Service Conditions of Research Assistants are:
- The Assignment of the Research Assistant will be from the date of appointment is for a period of one year subject to renewal at the discretion of the Board of Governors of the centre.
- During the period of assignment the Research Assistant will be paid a monthly honorarium of Rs.20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand only).
- The assignment as Research Assistant is a full-time job. During the assignment, the Research Assistant will not be entitled to practice as Lawyer or to take up any other employment.
- The Research Assistant is liable to maintain utmost confidentiality at all times and shall not divulge any information related to the arbitration proceedings to the third parties.
- On satisfactory completion of the assignment only, the Research Assistants will be entitled to a Certificate issued by the Board of Governors certifying the satisfactory completion of assignment as Research Assistants.
The duties and responsibilities of Research Assistants are:
- To process the records pertaining to each request for arbitration, received by the centre, and recommend to the Director to initiate action in accordance with Rules of the centre.
- To compile all documents received pursuant to filing of a request, divide them into separate volumes and place them before the Director.
- To assist the Arbitrators/Arbitral Tribunal in preparation of the case including preparation of case summary and notes and chronology of events.
- To identify facts and issues and questions that may arise or may have to be addressed in the Arbitral Tribunal.
- To be Present in the Arbitration Hall with prior permission of the Arbitrators during the hearing of cases, taking notes of arguments.
- To do research work on case laws, books and articles relating to domestic and International Commercial Arbitration.
- To prepare Research papers on the subject relating to Arbitration from time to time as directed by the Board of Governors and Directorate.
- To attend the queries addressed by the public in the website of the centre relating to Arbitration and Centre with prior notice to the Director / Deputy Director.
- To collate and analyse the data of the centre periodically.
- To maintain the website of the centre and to update the contents/ data as and when required as per guidance of the directorate.
- Method of Selection: The President and the Board of Governors will select the candidates on the basis of academic record, achievements in co-curricular activities and performance in the interview. If there are large number of applicants, candidates will be short-listed for interview on the basis of academic record and achievements in co-curricular activities.
How to apply:
Applications along with necessary documents should reach the Director, Arbitration Centre – Karnataka (Domestic & International), Khanija Bhavan, 3rd Floor, East Wing, No.49, Race Course Road, Bangalore – 560 001 before 5 p.m. on 24.11.2014. Applications received thereafter will not be considered. On top of the cover containing the application the following words shall be written:“Application for Appointment of Research Assistants”.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 24.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From High Court of Karnataka|
11-12-2016 , 12-12-2016