High Court of Gujarat is hiring Degree (Law), Practising as an Advocate holders for District Judges role
Company name : High Court of Gujarat
Posts : District Judges
Qualification : Degree (Law), Practising as an Advocate
Location : Gujarat
Last date to apply : 15/08/2013
Details of Post :
Vacancy and Pay Scale :-
- The High Court of Gujarat, in view of the guidelines of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the case of Malik Mazhar Sultan & Anr. V/s. U.P. Public Service Commission & Ors. and ‘The Gujarat State Judicial Service Rules, 2005′, invites On-line Applications from the eligible Practicing Advocates, for filling up, by Competitive Examination,approximately 58 (27 Regular + 31 ad-hoc) vacancies, existing and future, in the cadre of District Judges, in the pay-scale of Rs. 51,650-1240-59,090-1390-63,260 + allowances, as admissible under the Rules.
- The High Court reserves its right to alter the number of posts than notified.
- On-line Application can be made from 12.00 Noon on 01/08/2013. Last date for submission of On-line Application will be 15/08/2013 till 23.59 Hrs.
Essential Qualifications :-
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Law from a University recognized by law in India.
- Candidate must be a practicing Advocate in Courts of Civil and/or Criminal jurisdiction on the last date fixed for submission of On-line Applications and must have so practiced for a period not less than seven years as on such date.
- Explanation : For the purpose of this clause in computing the period during which a person has been an Advocate there shall be included the period during which he has held a Judicial Office.
- Candidate must possess Basic Knowledge of Computer Application / Operation, as set out by the Government of Gujarat in General Administration Department Resolution No. PRCH-102005-1532-C, dated 30/09/2006 and CRR-10-2007-120320-G.5, dated 13/08/2008.
Age Limit :-
A candidate must have attained the age of 35 years and must not have attained the age of 48 years in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Socially & Educationally Backward Classes, Orthopedically Disabled persons and Ex-serviceman and 45 years in the case of others, as on the last date fixed for registration of the On-line Application, i.e. on 15/08/2013.
Fees and Mode of Payment :
- The candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Socially & Educationally Backward Class and Orthopedically Disabled Persons are required to pay fees Rs. 500/- plus Bank Charges and all others candidates are required to pay fees Rs. 1000/- plus Bank Charges. The candidates making payment of fees shall remit the same in Current Bank Account No. 30725811785 with the State Bank of India, High Court Complex Branch, Ahmedabad, held in the name of Registrar General, High Court of Gujarat, Sola, Ahmedabad, through any of the Core Banking Service branches of the State Bank of India using the Cash Voucher in the special format appended to this Advertisement. The Cash Voucher will however be made available, to be downloaded, for the convenience of Candidates from 01/08/2013 to 15/08/2013 during the Bank’s working days and hours.
- Application Fees once paid shall not be refunded in any circumstances.
How to Apply :
- All eligible Candidates should apply ‘On-line’, through the link provided in High Court Website www.gujarathighcourt.nic.in AND http://hcojas.guj.nic.in in the prescribed format rom 01/08/2013 to 15/08/2013.
- Candidates should have his/her own ‘registered’ Mobile Number and the same should be kept active during the entire recruitment process, as ‘SMS’ alerts for the Tests, are also likely to be notified on the Mobile Number, so registered in the ‘On-line’ Application
Important dates to remember :
Starting date for submission of On-line application 01/08/2013 (12.00 Noon.)
Closing date for submission of On-line application. 15/08/2013(23.59 Hrs.)
Date of Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test) 22/09/2013
Date of Main Written Examination 20/10/2013
Date of Viva-voce Test (Oral Interview) Tentatively in the mont
For more details – Click Here