Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of ENGINEERS through GATE 2016 through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed B.E, B.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL).
Eligible candidates can apply online for the ENGINEERS through GATE 2016 Job on or before 02/02/2016. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
Vacancy Name : ENGINEERS through GATE 2016
Educational Qualification : B.E/B.Tech
Total No of Vacancy : 06 Post
Salary : Rs. 24,900 – 50,500/- p.m
Job Location : Mumbai
Last Date to Apply for this job : 02/02/2016
Address for the Job Vacancy : HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED (A Government of India Enterprise) Regd. Office: 17, Jamshedji Tata Road, Mumbai – 400020.
Detail of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) ENGINEERS through GATE 2016 Recruitment:
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) is a Government of India enterprise operating in the Oil and Natural Gas sector which has been conferred with the Navratna Status. Apart from various other innumerable recognitions, it also holds the distinction of featuring on the prestigious Forbes 2000 and Global Fortune 500 lists and enjoys a market share of 20.94% among PSUs in India. In the past financial year, HPCL has recorded the highest ever profit after tax of ₹2,733 crores in the history of the corporation with an increase of around 58% compared to the corresponding period last year. Our Market capitalization on year-on-year basis improved by about ₹11,500 crores at the closing share price of ₹650.10 per share as on March 31, 2015. This has been possible because of our robust performance in all spheres including Refining, Marketing, Retail, Direct Sales, LPG, Aviation, Operations and Distribution, Projects & Pipeline Group, LNG and other services. HPCL’s vast marketing network consists of 13 Zonal offices in major cities and 106 Regional Offices facilitated by a Supply and Distribution infrastructure comprising of Terminals, Pipeline networks, Aviation Service Stations, LPG Bottling Plants, Inland Relay Depots & Retail Outlets, Lube and LPG Distributorships. HPCL operates two major refineries at Mumbai and Vishakhapatnam producing a wide variety of petroleum fuels & specialties, with a total refining capacity of 14.8 MMTPA. HPCL holds an equity stake of 16.95% in Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited, a state-of-the-art refinery with a capacity of 15 MMTPA. A fourth refinery of 9 MMTPA set up by HMEL, a Joint Venture with Mittal Energy Investments Pvt. Ltd has also commenced commercial operations at Bathinda, Punjab. HPCL also owns and operates the largest Lube Refinery in India producing Lube Base Oils of international standards, with a capacity of 428 TMT. This Lube Refinery accounts for over 40% of the India’s total Lube Base Oil production. HPCL has always taken pride in acknowledging the efforts of its workforce which have resulted in setting of high industry benchmarks in its core competency. We, at HPCL, believe that of all the resources, our employees are the most vital ones. Towards fulfilling its Mission- to be a fully integrated company in the hydrocarbons sector of exploration and production, refining and marketing; focusing on enhancement of productivity, quality and profitability; HPCL invites bright and dynamic professionals to join its team of world class professionals.
- EDUCATION QUALIFICATION:
- Mechanical Mechanical, Mechanical & Production
- Civil Civil
- Electrical Electrical, Electrical & Electronics; Electronics &Telecommunication
- Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics &
- Telecommunication, Applied Electronics
- Instrumentation Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Control, Electronics &
- Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Electronics, Instrumentation & Process Control Chemical Chemical, Petrochemical, Petroleum Refining & Petrochemical, Petroleum Refining
- AGE LIMIT: Maximum 25 years as on 30th June 2016 for the general category candidates i.e. candidates born on or after 30.06.1991. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directives.
- Civil Engineer OA. OL. HH
- Electrical Engineer OL. HH
- Mechanical Engineer OL. HH
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineer OL. HH
- Instrumentation Engineer OL. HH
- Chemical Engineer OA. OL
- REMUNERATION PACKAGE (COST TO THE COMPANY): Selected candidates will initially undergo training for six months. During the training period, Officer Trainees will be entitled for a consolidated Stipend of Rs. 33,000/- per month (likely to be revised upwards). Upon successful completion of training, they will be absorbed at the entry level in the Management Cadre in ‘A’ grade in the Salary Scale of Rs. 24,900 – 50,500 subject to fulfilling the required performance related/ other criterion, and will be on Probation for a further period of 6 months. Upon completion of the Probation period, they will be considered for confirmation subject to satisfactory performance during Probation period, qualifying in Technical Competency test, submission of Project Report up to qualifying standards, required attendance etc. The confirmation in service would also be subject to verification of antecedents and verification of caste status / certificate wherever applicable. Upon absorption, besides Basic Pay, the employee is entitled to allowances at 50% of Basic Pay under Cafeteria Approach, Dearness Allowance, HRA, Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, and Defined Contribution Pension Scheme as per Corporation’s policy in force from time to time. It may please be noted that the retiral benefits like superannuation benefit is payable only on separation (resignation/ termination not included) of the employee from the services of the corporation. Upon absorption, the CTC would be approximately Rs 11 lakhs per annum**. In addition to this, certain work related allowances and Performance Related Pay (PRP) is also paid as per the Corporation’s policy. ** CTC is for candidates posted in metro cities; and may vary for other locations. CTC includes deferred payments like post-retirement benefits. (PF, Gratuity and Superannuation Benefits).
- PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE: Applicants / Candidates are required to pay a Non-Refundable Amount of Rs.263/- (Application fee inclusive of service tax and bank charges of Rs.35/-). SC, ST & PWD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
Selection Procedure for Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) – ENGINEERS through GATE 2016 Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 02/02/2016.
- The selection methodology will comprise of the following: The graduate engineers from the relevant disciplines, desirous of taking up a career with Hindustan Petroleum are required to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2016.
- Candidates appearing in different GATE paper other than that of their Qualifying Engineering discipline will not be considered for further selection procedure. e.g. If a candidate with Engineering in Mechanical, appears for CIVIL paper in GATE 2016, his /her candidature will not be considered for further shortlisting. On the basis of valid GATE 2016 marks, qualified candidates will be called for further selection process in a predetermined ratio in order of the category-wise disciplinewise merit list. In addition to the above, any other selection tools/tests may be administered, at the sole discretion of the management. Please note that only GATE-2016 marks will be valid for this recruitment drive.
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
- Selected candidates shall have all-India transfer liability. Posting/ Assignment can be in any SBU/Division/Department of the Corporation at any place in the country/otherwise. These positions generally involve working in shift duties. Selected candidates may also be posted in any of the subsidiaries/Joint Ventures or any department of Government of India.
How to apply for ENGINEERS through GATE 2016 Vacancy in Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) :
- For detailed information of GATE-2016, interested candidates may log on to http://gate.iisc.ernet.in/ or websites of other IITs.
- The candidates will receive their GATE-2016 Registration number printed on their admit card. On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply to Hindustan Petroleum online. The relevant link will be made available from 19 th December 2015 under ‘Careers Opportunities’ section on www.hpclcareers.com or www.hindustanpetroleum.com. Online submission of the application will be allowed on the website up to 02.02.2016. No other mean / mode of the application shall be accepted. Online Application System will be open from 0001 hrs. on 19.12.2015 to 2359 hrs. on 02.02.2016
- Login to www.hindustanpetroleum.com and click on Career Opportunities. Read all the instructions given on the website carefully. Candidate should keep scanned copy of same passport size photo affixed in GATE application (in jpg / gif format less than 50 kb) and resume (in doc/docx format maximum file size 200kb) ready before filling online application form.
- Fill in the online form with all the relevant details. Upload scanned copy of your latest passport size photograph and resume along with the online application form. Candidates should ensure that the relevant details viz- Name, Date of Birth, Address, GATE 2016 Registration No etc. entered in HPCL Online application should be same as entered in the GATE 2016 application.
- Click Submit. You will get a system generated 12 Digit Application No. Please note that this Application No. is important and will be required for all future references throughout the selection process. Take printout of the Online Application Form, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/her signature at the space provided and keep with him/ her safely for future reference.
- Choose the option for Payment of Application & Processing Fee. For payment through challan at SBI and through Debit/ Credit card please refer the detailed procedure explained under ‘PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE’. Note: Candidates are “NOT” required to submit hard copy of application forms to HPCL. The details filled in the online application form will be considered final and no changes will be entertained w.r.t. personal/ any other details, later on.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Applications with incomplete / wrong particulars or not in the prescribed format will not be considered. The email id provided in online application should remain valid for at least one year. Candidates must use proper e-mail ids created in their names. Applications with pseudo / fake email ids will attract appropriate action under the law. All future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail only.
- The candidates should have the relevant documents like percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination, caste/sub-caste certificate, date of issue, name of issuing authority, state of origin, etc. readily available with them before they commence application process. This information will be required at the time of filling in the online application.
- Candidates who have appeared/ are appearing in final qualifying examination in 2016 may also apply. However, at the time of applying candidates (belonging to General and OBC-NC category) should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks up to last semester examinations. It is relaxed to 50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates. If such candidates are short listed for GD/GT and / or interview, they will have to submit documentary proof of having passed the qualifying examination with minimum prescribed percentage of marks by 31st August 2016.
- Candidates presently employed in Government Departments/ PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies will be required to submit NOC from competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview. In case of failure to produce the NOC from the current employer at the time of Interview, the candidate will not be permitted to appear for the Interview.
- A candidate can apply against one discipline only. Candidates applying for more than one discipline will not be considered.
- Candidates not found to be meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria shall be rejected at any stage of the selection process.
- All the details given in the online form will be treated as final and no changes will be entertained.
- Candidates are not required to send printout of application or any other documents in hard copy to HPCL. Interview Call Letter will not be sent to candidates in hard copy. Candidates will be required to download the same from HPCL website www.hindustanpetroleum.com. Various intimations, schedules/dates can be accessed through HPCL website.
- Mere issue of Interview call letter will not imply final selection of candidate, which may please be noted.
- Case of internal candidates, please note that the finally selected candidates will have to resign from the services of the Corporation and re-join the services as fresh employees on probation. Regarding transfer of leaves, PF, Gratuity etc., these cases would be treated on par with candidates joining from other PSUs.
- All queries pertaining to recruitment including selection process may be addressed to our Corporate Recruitment Team only through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates are also requested to visit FAQs section on our website with respect to this recruitment drive.
- HPCL will not be responsible for any loss/ non-delivery of email/ any other communication sent, due to invalid/wrong email id/ contact details.
- All the qualifications should be full time 4 years regular course/s from AICTE approved / UGC recognized University/Deemed University. The courses offered by Autonomous Institutions should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved / recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC/AICTE.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA/CPA or letter grade in a qualifying degree is awarded, equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University/Institute. Please also obtain a certificate to this effect from University / Institute which shall be required at the time of interview.
- Management reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview, reject the application without assigning any reasons/change the number of posts.
- Number of vacancies may increase/decrease at the discretion of the Corporation. HPCL reserves the right to cancel or add any examination / Personal Interview centre depending on the response in that area/centre. The Corporation also reserves the right to cancel / restrict/ curtail/ enlarge the recruitment process and/or the 10 selection process thereunder without any further notice and without assigning any reasons.
- The online registration would remain open up to 2359 hrs 02.02.2016.
- Candidates can view their status of payment of application fee by logging in HPCL website with application no. & e-mail ID (as mentioned in online application).
- In the event of non-receipt of application & processing fee from candidates for reasons whatsoever, his / her candidature will stand cancelled and no further communication on the same will be entertained.
- All the details given in the online form will be treated as final and no changes will be entertained.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 02/02/2016