India Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Director General of Meteorology through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Masters Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Director General of Meteorology Job on or before 19/12/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : India Meteorological Department (IMD)
Vacancy Name : Director General of Meteorology
Educational Qualification :Any Masters Degree
Total No of Vacancy : 01 post
Salary : Rs.75,000/p.m
Job Location : New Delhi
Last Date to Apply for this job : 19/12/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy :Deputy Secretary (Estt.), Ministry of Earth Sciences, Prithvi Bhavan, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
Detail of India Meteorological Department (IMD) Director General of Meteorology Recruitment:
- Recruitment to the post of Director General of Meteorology in India Meteorological Department in the Higher Administrative Grade Rs. 75,500/-(Annual increment @3%) – 80,000/- on direct recruitment basis. Applications are invited for filling up one(01) post of Director General of Meteorology in India Meteorological Department in the Higher Administrative Grade Rs. 75,500/-(Annual increment @3%) – 80,000/- under the Ministry of Earth Sciences. It is proposed to fill up the post on regular basis.
- Qualification and Experience Essential: i) Masters’ degree in Science or degree in Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent with at least first class (60%). ii) The candidates should have at least 20 years of post qualification experience in Research Development, Research Management in the field of Meteorology, Atmospheric or Earth Sciences. Note 1: Qualifications are relax able at the discretion of the Competent Authority in the case of the candidates otherwise well qualified. Note 2: The qualification(s) regarding experience is/are relax able at the discretion of the Competent authority in the case of candidates belonging to the Schedule Castes and Scheduled Tribes if at any stage of selection, the Secretary, Ministry of Earth Sciences is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancies reserved for them.
- Desirable A doctorate Degree in Meteorology, Atmospheric or Earth Sciences, from a recognized University/Institute or equivalent.
- Job Description: As the Chief of the Department, he is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Department, its scientific and technical activities in the field of Meteorology and allied discipline like Agro-Meteorology, Hydro-Meteorology, Aviation Meteorology, Seismology, Meteorological Instruments, Meteorological Telecommunications, Satellite Meteorology and Weather Forecasting. He/She is also responsible for formulation of planning, administration and functioning of the Centre for the execution of the in-house R&D activities.
- Scale of Pay: The post of DG, IMD is in the Higher Administrative Grade Rs. 75,500/- (Annual Increment @3%) – 80,000/-.
Selection Procedure for India Meteorological Department (IMD) – Director General of Meteorology Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 19/12/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Director General of Meteorology Vacancy in India Meteorological Department (IMD) :
Persons interested in this post are requested to send their application in the pro-forma at Annexure-I. It is requested that applications in the given proforma duly signed by the applicant and endorsed by the employer along with the complete and up-todate Confidential Reports/APARs of last five (05) years of the officers who fulfill the eligibility conditions and possess the essential/desirable qualification/experience and who can be spared in the event of their selection my be sent to the Deputy Secretary (Estt.), Ministry of Earth Sciences, Prithvi Bhavan, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003 and should reach within 6 weeks (42 days) (60 days for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of Jammu and Kashmir State, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep) from the publication of the advertisement in Employment News. In case original APARs cannot be sent, photocopies of the APARs for the last five years, duly attested by an officer not below the rank of Under Secretary may please be forwarded. Applications received directly or without signature of the applicant and endorsement by the employer or after the last date or without Confidential Reports or other wise found incomplete will not be considered. While forwarding the applications, it may be verified and certified that the particulars furnished by the officer are correct and that no disciplinary case is pending or contemplated against the officer and he/she has not been awarded any major/minor penalty during the last 10 years. Integrity of the officer should also be certified. Details and format relating to the post may be downloaded from the website of Ministry of Earth Sciences i.e. www.moes.gov.in, www.imd.gov.in & Department of Personnel & Training www.persmin.gov.in
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 19/12/2015