India Post invites online application for the recruitment of Postman / Mail Guard in Postal Divisions / RMS Divisions for Matriculation (10/ +2) holders
Company name :India Post
Posts :Postman / Mail Guard in Postal Divisions / RMS Divisions
Qualification : Matriculation (10/ +2)
Salary : Rs. 5200-20200/- p.m
No of Post : 02
Last date to apply : 10/12/2014.
Details of Post :
Postman / Mail Guard in Postal Divisions / RMS Divisions
- Direct Recruitment of Postman / Mail Guard in Postal Divisions / RMS Divisions Applications are invited online from eligible Indian nationals, to fill up the posts of Postman/Mail Guard in Postal/Railway Mail Service Divisions in Tamilnadu Postal Circle in the pay scale of Rs. 5200-20200 (Pay Band –I) with Grade Pay Rs.2000.
- The registration of on-line application will commence by 00:00 hours on 15/11/2014 and close by 23:59 hours on 07/12/2014.
- The details of category-wise vacancies in Postman/Mail guard cadre is furnished division-wise under the link “VACANCIES” in the website (www.dopchennai.in). The vacancies earmarked for PH/Ex-Serviceman are included in the total vacancies notified for a particular division.
- Candidates selected against vacancies earmarked for Physically Handicapped/Ex-serviceman will be adjusted against the total vacancies of the respective category viz., UR/SC/ST/OBC as the case may be depending upon the category to which the selected candidates belong to.
- The vacancies notified are likely to vary/change without any prior intimation or assigning any reason. The department has the right to cancel the Recruitment Process or modify the selection process with the reasons recorded in writing at any stage.
- Any person who claims to belong to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Class will have to produce a certificate to the appointing authority/Selection Committee at time of selection in support of his/her claim so as to make him/her eligible for reservation and various relaxations and concessions, vide DOPT OM No.36012/6/88-Estt(SCT) dated 24/04/1990 and OM No.36012/22/93-Estt(Res) dated 15/11/1993, OM No.36011/3/2009-Estt(Res) dated 02/09/2009 and OM No.36036/2/2013-Estt(Res) dated 30/05/2014. The Caste/Community Certificate issued by the following authorities in the prescribed form SC’s/ST’s/OBC’s will only be accepted as proof in support of the claim. i) District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate/ Collector / Deputy Commissioner/ Addl. Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / First Class 2Stipendiary Magistrate / Sub Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate/ Extra Asst. Commissioner ii) Chief Presidency Magistrate / Addl. Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate iii) Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar and iv) Sub Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and or his family normally resides A format for the same is given in Annexure I, II for SC/ST & OBC respectively
- Scale of Pay: Rs. 5200-20200 (Pay Band -1) with Grade Pay of Rs. 2000
- Promotional Avenues: Eligible for writing departmental examination for promotion to Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants after completion of prescribed minimum service of 3 years.
- Age limit: 18-27 years. Permissible relaxation of upper age limit as per Government of India orders are as indicated below:-
- Educational Qualification: (a) For Postman: Matriculation from a recognized board or University. (b) For Mail Guard: Matriculation or Equivalent from a recognized board or University.
- Probation period: Two Years
- Disqualification: A person (a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living or4 (b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, will not be eligible for the said posts Provided that the central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
Closing Date for Registration of Application: The registration of on-line application will close by 23:59 hours on 07/12/2014.
The marks obtained in Aptitude Test will be taken to draw merit for each recruiting division and selection will be purely on merit basis. It is further stated that:
- if two or more candidates secure equal marks in Aptitude Test and they are standing in the last position in the merit list, then it is clearly stated that the candidate senior in Age will be considered for selection
- if two or more candidates secure equal marks in Aptitude Test and they are standing in the last position in the merit list & their ages are also the same, then candidates who secured higher percentage in the matriculation will be considered for selection.
Rs. 100/- mandatory for all categories of applicants who have registered.
The Examination fee prescribed for all male applicants in General and OBC categories is Rs. 400/-. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Physically Handicapped / Women are exempted from payment of Examination Fee.
How to Apply:
The applicant can apply for only one division either choosing Postman cadre in Postal Division or Mail Guard cadre in Railway Mail Service Division. If an applicant registers more than one application on-line, his/her candidature is liable to be rejected without any communication.
- The applicant has to visit the website www.dopchennai.in through internet enabled workstation or personal computer or laptop
- The applicant has to go through the notification, instructions to candidates, vacancy position, FAQ carefully before filling up the application form.
- The applicant has to keep ready (i) The scanned image of photograph and signature in .jpeg, .jpg format in specified file size as mentioned in the instructions.(ii) 10th Standard mark list.
- The applicant has to fill up the data required online.
- Finally before submitting the form, the applicant has to check all the entries made by him/her for its correctness and genuineness.
- Once submitted, no data can be modified/altered.
- After registration, fee challan will be generated as per the eligibility of the applicant.
- The registered applicants should pay the required fee at any post office with E-Payment facility (listed under e-payment link of www.dopchennai.in) within 3 days from the closing date of online registration, i.e. 10/12/2014.
- After payment of fee, the candidate has to update the payment details in the portal through LOGIN for completion of registration process and to take a print out of his/her Application.
- The applicants are advised to keep a copy of fee challan, receipt issued by the Post office and application, for future reference.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 10/12/2014.
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From India Post|
25-01-2017 , 26-01-2017