Indian Army has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Short Service Commission through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Graduate, B.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Army
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Short Service Commission job from 24/06/2015 to 23/07/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Indian Army
Vacancy Name : Short Service Commission
Educational Qualification : Any Graduate, B.E/B.Tech
Total No Of Vacancy : 11 Posts
Salary : Rs.21,000/-pm
Job Location : Across India
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 23/07/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Indian Army, Across India
Detail Of Indian Army Short Service Commission Recruitment:
Applications are invited from unmarried female Engineering Graduates and also from widows of Defence Personnel for Grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army in all Arms/Services. Course commencing in April 2016 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed Engineering Degree or appeared in the final year examination of Engineering course. The candidates appearing in the final year examination of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA. Such candidates will be inducted for on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at OTA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate
- Nationality: A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Age Limit: (i) SSC(Tech)-17 Women :-20 to 27 years at the time of commencement of course. Born between 02 Apr 89 and 01 Apr 96 (both dates inclusive). (ii) For widows of Defence Personnel with four years age relaxation- SSCW(Non Tech) – 19 to 29 Years. Born not earlier than 02 Jan 87 and not later than 01 Jan 97 (Both dates inclusive)
- TYPE OF COMMISSION: (a) Grant of Commission: Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at OTA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training. (b) Confirmation of Short Service Commission: On successful completion of pre commission training at OTA, will be confirmed Short Service Commission (Technical) in the rank of Lt. (c) Ante Date Seniority: One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted on confirmation of Short Service Commission.
- TRAINING: Duration of training is 49 weeks: (a) Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit up to the number of vacancies available in each subject. (b) Candidates neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training.
- COST OF TRAINING: The entire cost of training is at Government expense. In case the LC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond her control, she will be liable to refund cost of training for the period of her stay at Officers Training Academy
- PAY AND ALLOWANCES: The candidates will be given a stipend of Rs. 21,000/- p.m. (Rs 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-). On completion of training they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank. Army also provides free Medical Facilities for self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidized rate. For details of pay and allowances and facilities visit website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Selection Procedure For Indian Army – Short Service Commission Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 23/07/2015
- Short listing of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD(Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks without assigning any reason.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP) and Bangalore (Karnataka) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued through candidate’s registered e-mail id and through SMS. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and no request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- Interviews will be held in Dec/Jan 2016 onwards.
- Candidates will put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same date. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival and details of the same are available at official website of Rtg Dte www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
How To Apply For Short Service Commission Vacancy in Indian Army:
- Applications will only be accepted online on website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”. Click on Officer Menu then go to How to Apply and then click ONLINE APPLICATION. Fill the online registration form. Note down the user id and password. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you click on ONLINE APPLICATION. Before submitting the application check the entries made and save the application. After submitting, take two copies of the printout and the Roll Number generated by the system.
- Documents are to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidate:- (i) One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affix photograph attested by Govt Gazetted Officer. (ii) Attested copy of Matriculation or equivalent certificate for age proof. (iii) Attested copy of 12th Class Certificate & Marksheet. (iv) Attested copy of Engineering Degree/Provisional Degree (v) Attested copy of Mark sheets of all Semesters (vi) Certificate from the Principal/Head of the Institution stating that the candidate is in final year and final exams will be over by 01 April 2016 for final year appearing candidates. (vii) Equivalence certificate from the concerned university to claim equivalence to the notified stream. (viii) All certificates in original. Originals will be returned after verification at the Service Selection Board itself. Any candidate who does not carry these entire documents for the SSB interview, her candidature will be cancelled.
- The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for her reference. No need to send any hard copy to DG Recruiting.
- Candidates must submit only one application. Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature. ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 24 JUNE 2015 AT 1000 HRS AND WILL BE CLOSED ON 23 JULY 2015 AT 1700 HRS
- For all queries regarding allotment of centres, date of interview, merit list, joining instructions and any other relevant information please visit our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in, or contact Tele No. (011) 26175473 (between 2PM to 5PM Monday to Friday). Address:- Directorate General of Recruiting, AG’s Branch, IHQ MoD (Army), West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 23/07/2015