Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) invites application for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellowships with M.A/ Ph.D holders
Company name : Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR)
Posts : Junior Research Fellowships
Qualification : M.A/ Ph.D
Salary : Rs.16000/- p.m.
No of Post : 80
Location : New Delhi
Last date to apply : 10.12.2014
Details of Post :
Junior Research Fellowships
Applications are invited in the prescribed form so as to reach the undersigned on or before 22.12.2014 from candidates for taking the eligibility examination for the award of Junior Research Fellowship of the value of `16000/- p.m. with a contingency grant of `15000/- p.a. The examination will be held on 08th February 2015 at New Delhi, Bengaluru and Guwahati. A. The term of the Fellowship shall be for a maximum period of 2 years, extendable by 1 more year in special circumstances if recommended by the Research Projects Committee. B. The maximum number of Junior Research Fellowships available for the year 2014-2015 is eighty (80).
ELIGIBILITY: (a) Candidates who are enrolled in a Ph.D programme in History or allied subjects are eligible for the Fellowship. Or (b) Candidates who are enrolled in M.Phil/completed M.A, M.Phil in History or allied subjects can apply for Junior Research Fellowship.
The grant to the selected candidates will be released only after they register for a Ph.D degree.
An application fee of `200/- (Rupees two hundred only) shall be paid in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Deputy Director (Accounts) ICHR, payable at Delhi. (Candidates belonging to SC/ST/Physically Challenged (PWD) category are exempted from payment of the fee). Second class (sleeper) railway or bus fare chargeable by the shortest routes from Railway Station / Bus Stand nearest to their normal place of residence or from where they actually perform the journey, whichever is nearer to the place of examination, will be reimbursed to SC/ST candidates on production of ticket(s), provided the distance travelled is not less than 30 kms.)
- All JRF applicants should apply through proper channel.
- Indian Council of Historical Research reserves the right: a. to fix criteria for screening the applications so as to shortlist candidates to be called for eligibility examination & interview; b. to increase/decrease the number of fellowships on its own discretion. c. not to award any of the advertised fellowships.
- Application of Reservation rules in the award of Fellowships is subject to certain clarifications to be received from the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India.
- Written test conducted for short-listing of candidates should not be construed as a merit test; the final selection will be made on the basis of combined performance in the written examination and interview.
- No TA/DA or local conveyance shall be paid to the candidates (except SC/ST) called for eligibility examination.
- Applications for JRF/PDF should be submitted along with non-refundable fee of `200/- for JRF and `300/- for PDF in the form of DD/Bankers Cheque drawn in favour of “Deputy Director (Accounts), ICHR” payable at Delhi. (Any deviation from the prescribed mode of payment will not be acceptable.)
- Incomplete applications as well as the applications received after the prescribed date will be rejected.
- Online submission of application is a must and can be done via ICHR website (www.ichr.ac.in).
How to apply :
Eligible and interested scholars may apply on-line through the ICHR website (www.ichr.ac.in) and submit the hard copy of the online application (containing an auto generated number) duly signed along with prescribed application fee, self attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience and signed copy of check list etc. by post to the Member Secretary, Indian Council of Historical Research, 35 Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi – 110001. Submission of application both online and printout of the same along with computer generated unique ID number is mandatory. Hard copies of applications without unique id no will not be accepted.
Important dates :
- Online submission of JRF applications starts on : 10.11.2014
- Last date of online submission : 10.12.2014
- Last date of submitting printouts of applications submitted online : 22.12.2014
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 10.12.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From ICHR|
28-02-2017 , 01-03-2017