Indian Council of Medical Research invites application for the recruitment of Director with MD/Ph.D educational background
Company name : Indian Council of Medical Research
Posts : Director
Qualification : MD/Ph.D
Salary : Rs.37400-67000 Plus Grade Pay Rs.10000/-.
No of Openings : NA
Location : Mumbai
Last date to apply : 22th Sep,2014
Details of Post :
Applications are invited upto _22-9-2014 for the post of Director at the Enterovirus Research Centre, Mumbai in the Pay Band-4 Rs.37400-67000 Plus Grade Pay Rs.10000/- and usual allowances as admissible as per Government norms.
Indian Council of Medical Research is a premier medical research organization dealing with health research in various areas in collaboration with national and international agencies and through its 33 Institutes/Centres including large number of field stations situated all over the country with state of art infrastructural facilities. The post of Director of ICMR Instt/Centre is with all India transfer liability under the ICMR.
- Essential Qualification & Experience: (i) MD/Ph.D in Microbiology / Virology/ equivalent from a recognized University or equivalent. (ii) Fifteen years R&D experience in the above fields with original work to the credit of the candidates and experience in disciplines related to Entoviruses in a recognized Institutes(s) after obtaining essential qualifidatrion (i) out of which at least 5 years in a managerial position to handle R&D projects independently in a team effectively in a directing position.
- Pay Band-4 Rs.37400-67000 Plus Grade Pay Rs.10000/-.
- Desirable Qualifications: (i) Additional Post doctoral research/teaching experience in relevant subjects after MD/Ph.D in recognized Institute(s). ii) Knowledge of Computer applications.
- Job Requirements: It is a top research management post in the field of Entroviruses. The Director is required to provide high level leadership in the formulation of research programmes and projects and in organizing/co-ordinating team work involving epidemiological and virological research on poliomyelitis and other disease caused by enteric viruses. He/She will have the overall responsibility for the working of the Centre within the framework of the ICMR. 2
- Age Limit: Not exceeding 52 years. Relaxable up to 5 years for Government servants and SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates in accordance with the instructions issued by the Department of Personnel & Training from time to time in this regard. However, the prescribed age may be further relaxed in exceptional cases for experienced and qualified candidates.
How to apply:
- Application forms and other information can be obtained from ICMR’s website www.icmr.nic.in on or before the closing date.
- Application forms duly completed in all respects and signed by the applicant should be sent to the Director General, Indian Council of Medical Research, Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Ansari Nagar, Post Box 4911, New Delhi – 110029 on or before the closing date.
- Documents to be enclosed with the application form (Copies attested by Gazetted Officer):- a) Proof of Date of Birth b) Educational qualifications c) Experience d) List of publications with impact factor with details reference & citationrole in public health impact of contribution of candidate, list of extramural projects whether R&D sponsored/contractual and whether as PI/Co-PI or Co-Investigator. e) Crossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) for Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundred only) payable to the Director General, Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi. SC/ST/PH and Women candidates are exempted from the application fee. IPOs are payable by all other candidates including ICMR employees.
- Unsigned/Incomplete application or application without supportive evidence asked for/without postal order application received late are liable to be summarily rejected.
Note: Since it is not possible to call all the eligible candidates for the interview/personal discussion, the applicants will be short-listed for this purpose. The decision of the Director General, ICMR will be final in this regard. Candidates called for interview will be paid a 1st class rail fare by the shortest route on production of documents. Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to selection/recruitment shall be disqualification. This post is with all India transfer liability underthe Council. For activities of the above mentioned Centre, please refer to ICMR’s website at www.icmr.nic.in.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 22 Sep,2014
Click here for More Details
20-01-2017 , 21-01-2017