Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) invites application for the recruitment of Engineer Trainee (Mechanical) with B.E/ B.Tech holders
Company name :Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
Posts :Engineer Trainee (Mechanical)
Qualification : B.E/ B.Tech
Salary : Rs. 20,000/- per month
No of Post : 01
Last date to apply : 07/11/2014
Details of Post :
Engineer Trainee (Mechanical):
The Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) is an advanced, wide field (20 arcmin), altitude-azimuth telescope with a primary mirror consisting of 492, 1.44-meter segments. As part of India’s contribution to the TMT, ITCC in consultation with the TMT Board, intends to deliver a portion of polished M1 segments, edge sensors, actuators, segment support assemblies and softwares. IIA proposes to set up a polishing facility within one of IIA’s campuses for this purpose. India is also participating in the design and development of first light instruments. Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for the following position to work in the TMT – India Project :
- Name of the position : ENGINEER TRAINEE (Mechanical)
- No. of position : ONE
- Essential: B.E / B.Tech in Mechanical or equivalent with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized University/ Institution.
- Desirable: Familiarity with mechanical design and analysis tools, like AUTOCAD, SOLIDWORKS, INVNTOR, ANSYS, NASTRAN etc. Prior experience in the related areas is desirable.
- Age limit : 26 years.
- Remuneration : Rs. 20,000/- per month (inclusive of all)
- Place of work : Bangalore
- Scope of work : Trainee Engineer is expected to deal with India’s work packages related to TMT such as Actuators, Edge-Sensors and SSAs. During the prototyping phase, the trainee engineer will be given a responsibility to work in close association with industries, involving frequent visits to the company premises for the monitoring as well as inspection of the work. Candidate is expected to design and develop various mechanical systems as well as to look after ITCC laboratory, where testing, assembling and the R&D activities are being carried out.
Terms & Conditions:
- The appointment is purely on temporary/contract basis and does not entitle any privileges or benefits of regular employment, and no claim whatsoever for regular employment in the Institute shall be entertained.
- The tenure of appointment is initially for a period of one year and extendable for two more years subject to satisfactory performance of the candidate and requirement of the project.
- The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of completed applications.
- Age relaxation is permissible to SC, ST & OBC candidates and also to physically handicapped candidates as notified by Govt. of India from time to time.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro train / bus fare by the shortest route limited to second sleeper class railway fare on production of tickets.
How to apply:
- The prescribed educational qualifications are minimum required and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all those candidates, the Institute has the right to limit the candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- The Institute reserves the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview / appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. 9) Candidates meeting the above requirements and willing to apply for the position may submit application through online only. The last date for receipt of application is 7th November, 2014
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 07.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIA|