Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) invites online application for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow with M.Sc educational background
Company name : Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
Posts : Junior Research Fellow
Qualification : M.Sc
Salary : Rs.16000/-p.m
No of Openings : 01
Location : Bangalore
Last date to apply : 07.10.2014
Details of Post :
Junior Research Fellow:
The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution of the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangala, Bangalore and CREST Campus at Hosakote, Bangalore. It operates field stations at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamilnadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka, and Leh/Hanle in Jammu & Kashmir.
Online applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF)under the DST funded project ‘Estimation of surface chemical composition of Carbon-Enhanced Metal-Poor (CEMP) stars and AGB nucleosynthesis’:
- Name of the position : JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW
- No. of position : One
- Qualification : M.Sc in Physics/Astronomy/Astrophysics with minimum 60%aggregate marks. Familarity with FORTRAN computing language is desirable.NET-UGC-CSIR/GATE-Physics/JEST qualified candidates should clearly mention the year of passing the examination.
- Age limit : 28 years.
- Fellowship : Rs. 16,000/- per month + admissible HRA
- Place of work : Bangalore.
Terms & Conditions :
- The appointment is purely on temporary/contract basis and does not entitle any privileges or benefits of regular employment.2) The tenure of appointment is initially for a period of one year and extendable for two more years subject to satisfactory performance of the candidate and requirement of the project. Based on the performance, the JRF will be promoted to SRF after a minimum of 2 years with enhanced stipend of Rs.18,000/- per month plus admissible HRA.
- The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of completed applications.
- Age relaxation is permissible to SC, ST & OBC candidates and also to physically handicapped candidates, as notified by Govt. of India from time to time.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro train / bus fare by the shortest route limited to second sleeper class railway fare on production of tickets.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are minimum required and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all those candidates, the Institute has the right to limit the candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- The Institute reserves the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview / appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
How to apply:
Candidates meeting the above requirements and willing to apply for the position may submit application through online only.The last date for receipt of application is 7 th October, 2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 07.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIA||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
24-02-2017 , 25-02-2017