Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) invites application for the recruitment of Research Scientist with M.Sc holders
Company name :Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
Posts : Research Scientist
Qualification : M.Sc
Salary : Rs. 35,000/- per month
No of Post : 01
Last date to apply : 28/11/2014
Details of Post :
Research Scientist :
The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution of the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangala, Bangalore and CREST Campus at Hosakote, Bangalore. It operates field stations at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamilnadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka, and Leh/ Hanle in Jammu & Kashmir. Online applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the following position:
- Name of the post : RESEARCH SCIENTIST
- No.of Position : One
- Salary : Rs.35,000/- plus House Rent Allowance
- Age : Below 35 years
- Place Posting : Bangalore
- Educational Qualification : M.Sc (Physics) with minimum of first class from a recognized University.
- Work Experience : Minimum of three years experience as Research Trainee or JRF or equivalent in a leading national laboratory or Institute in Physics, using optical and spectroscopic instrumentation having electronic data acquisition systems. Excellent skills in computer programming for data archival and analysis on UNIX platform. Proficiency in using IDL Software for data handling and analysis for research in Astrophysics are desirable.
- Job description: To work on the Kodaikanal Digitized data comprising of white light, Ca-K and H-alpha images as recorded from Kodaikanal over 100 years.
How to apply:
The prescribed educational qualifications are minimum required and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all those candidates, the Institute has the right to limit the candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. The Institute reserves the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever. No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview / appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification . Candidates meeting the above requirements and willing to apply for the position may submit application through online only. The last date for receipt of application is 28th November, 2014.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 28.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIAP|