Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) invites application for the recruitment of Scientist-B with M.Sc holders
Company name : Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
Posts : Scientist-B
Qualification : M.Sc
Salary : Rs.15600-39100/- P.M.
No of Post : 01
Location : Bangalore
Last date to apply : 08.08.2014
Details of Post :
The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution of the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangala, Bangalore and CREST Campus at Hosakote, Bangalore. It operates field stations at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamilnadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka, and Leh/Hanle in Jammu & Kashmir.
Applications are invited from young, bright, and highly motivated individuals for the following positions to work at Indian Astronomical Observatory, Hanle (Ladakh region of Jammu & Kashmir):
Name of the Post : Scientist-B
- No. of post : 01(Unreserved)
- Scale of pay : Pay Band 3 Rs.15600-39100 plus grade Pay Rs. 5400/-
- Age limit : 35 years
- Qualification : M.Sc (Physics) from a UGC recognized University/Institute.
- Experience : Two years of experience in a Research Institute/Project at high altitude (above 10000ft amsl).
- Job Requirements : Support the scientific activities at the Indian Astronomical Observatory (Leh and Hanle, 12000-15000ft amsl).
Terms & conditions:
- The above posts carry allowances as admissible under Central Government Rules. Selected candidate will be on probation for a period of two years and will be continued on regular appointment subject to satisfactory performance during the probationary period.
- The appointee is liable for transfer to any of the Institute’s field stations and locations.
- Age relaxation is permissible to SC/ST & OBC candidates and also to physically handicapped candidates as notified by Govt. of India from time to time.
- Departmental candidates / Government Servants are eligible for age relaxation as per Rules.
- Candidates already employed in Government / Autonomous Institutions / Semi Government Institutions / Corporations / Banks etc., may forward their applications through proper channel.
- The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of completed application.
- Where the number of applications received in response to the Advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the IIA to interview all those candidates, the IIA has the right to limit the candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the Advertisement.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro train / bus fare by the shortest route limited to 3 AC sleeper class in respect of posts in Grade Pay Rs.5400/- and second sleeper class (Non-AC) railway fare for remaining posts on production of original tickets.
- No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview/appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- The Institute reserves the right to recruit or cancel the entire recruitment process for any or all the posts at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- Candidates meeting the above requirements and willing to apply for the position may submit application through online only.
- The last date for receipt of application is 08.08.2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 08.08.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIA|
23-10-2016 , 24-10-2016