Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Engineer Trainee through recruitment notification – Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Recruitment 2015 – ADVT. NO. IIA/09/02/2015. Candidates who have completed B.E, B.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Engineer Trainee Job on or before 22/6/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
Vacancy Name : Engineer Trainee
Educational Qualification : B.E/B.Tech
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : Rs.20,000/- p.m
Job Location : BANGALORE
Last Date to Apply for this job : 22/6/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ASTROPHYSICS (A Autonomous Body Under Department of Science & Technology, Government of India) Koramangala, BANGALORE -560034
Detail of Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Engineer Trainee Recruitment:
The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution of the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangala, Bangalore and CREST Campus at Hosakote, Bangalore. It operates field stations at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamilnadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka, and Leh/Hanle in Jammu & Kashmir. India is one of the prtner of Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) project, a next generation astronomical observatory that will be located on Mauna Kea, Hawaii. India’s participation in the TMT project, led by the Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore, Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune, and Aryabhatta Research Institute for Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital is coordinated by the India TMT coordination center (ITCC) hosted at IIA, Bangalore. The TMT project is an international partnership between CalTech, Universities of Califorina, Canada, Japan, China and India. More details about the project may be obtained from http://tmt.iiap.res.in The Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) is an advanced, wide field (20 arcmin), altitudeazimuth telescope with a primary mirror consisting of 492, 1.44-meter segments. As part of India’s contribution to the TMT, ITCC in consultation with the TMT Board, intends to deliver a portion of polished M1 segments, edge sensors, actuators, segment support assemblies and softwares. IIA proposes to set up a polishing facility within one of IIA’s campuses for this purpose. India is also participating in the design and development of first light instruments. Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for the following position to work in the TMT – India Project :
|Post||No of post||Qualification||Salary||Age|
|ENGINEER TRAINEE (Mechanical)||01||Qualification : a) Essential: A graduate, Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a University recognized by the UGC, or an Institution under the Central or State Governments with a minimum of 60% marks aggregate or equivalent grade. At least one year experience of working in mechanical design, preferably related to optical astronomy. b) Desirable: Familiarity with mechanical design and analysis tools, like AUTOCAD, SOLIDWORKS, INVNTOR, ANSYS, NASTRAN etc. Experience of working in an industry involving inspection methods and manufacturing methods in Mechanical Engineering. Knowledge in interpreting Mechanical Engineering drawings.||Rs. 20,000/- per month (inclusive of all)||26 years.|
Selection Procedure for Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) – Engineer Trainee Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 22/6/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Engineer Trainee Vacancy in Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) :
- The appointment is purely on temporary/contract basis and does not entitle any privileges or benefits of regular employment, and no claim whatsoever for regular employment in the Institute shall be entertained.
- The tenure of appointment is initially for a period of one year and extendable for two more years subject to satisfactory performance of the candidate and requirement of the project.
- The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of completed applications.
- Age relaxation is permissible to SC, ST & OBC candidates and also to physically handicapped candidates as notified by Govt. of India from time to time.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro train / bus fare by the shortest route limited to second sleeper class railway fare on production of tickets.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are minimum required and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all those candidates, the Institute has the right to limit the candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- The Institute reserves the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview / appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Candidates meeting the above requirements and willing to apply for the position may submit application through online only.
- The last date for receipt of application is 22nd June, 2015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 22/6/2015
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Recruitment 2014 – ADVT. NO. IIA/09/02/2015.