Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Mechanic ‘A’ through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed 10th, +2 Class can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Mechanic ‘A’ on or before 13/05/2016. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
Vacancy Name : Mechanic ‘A’
Educational Qualification : 10TH, 12TH
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs.5,200-20,200/-per month
Job Location : BENGALURU
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 13/05/2016
Address For The Job Vacancy : Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), 2 ND BLOCK, KORAMANGALA, SARJAPUR ROAD, BENGALURU – 560034
Detail Of Post:
- Name of the Post : Mechanic ‘A’
- No. of post : One [OBC]
- Scale of pay : Pay Band 1 Rs.5200-20200 plus grade Pay Rs. 1900/-
- Age limit : 30 years
- Place of posting : Kodaikanal (Tamil Nadu)
- Qualification : (a) Essential: SSLC with two years NCTVT certificate course (ITI) in Millwright mechanic/Machinist/Turner/Fitter with minimum at least 60% marks from a Govt. recognized Industrial Training Institute.
- Desirable: One year National apprenticeship training certificate (NAC).
- Experience : (a) Essential: 2 years experience in a reputed research institute or in a medium scale industry doing high precision jobs, involving machine operations like, turning, milling, shaping, and grinding etc. on conventional machines.
- Desirable: Knowledge of Welding, Fitting, Assembly of Instruments, Maintenance of Instruments and Sheet metal work. Conversant with engineering drawings.
- Job description : Instrument development works and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Candidates can apply on or before 13/05/2016
- Selection to posts Sl. No.1, 2, 3, 11 & 15 will be through interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the Advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the IIA to interview all those candidates, the IIA has the right to limit the candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the Advertisement. The list of shortlisted candidates will be notified in the Institute website and call letters for interview will be sent only by e-mail.
- For posts Sl. No.4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, & 13, selection will be on the basis of initial screening, and then qualifying in the following written examination. There will be two papers – Objective Test (Paper-I) and Descriptive Test (Paper-II) and each carry 50 marks and duration is one hour. Written test for all posts will be held at Bangalore excepting post Sl.No.13. Written test for post Sl.No.13 will be held at Leh (Jammu & Kashmir).
- The qualification and experience prescribed is the minimum requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for written test. Based on the academic performance, experience and bio-data, initial screening will be conducted. The list of shortlisted candidates and the date of written test will be notified in the Institute website and the Admission Card for written test will be sent only through e-mail.
- Objective test (Paper-I) answer paper will be evaluated first. Only for those who qualify in the Objective test (Paper-I), the answer paper of the Descriptive test (Paper-II) will be evaluated.
- The Institute reserves the right to conduct a skill test, if necessary, for the candidates who qualify both in the Objective and Descriptive papers. In case it is decided to conduct the skill test, the list of shortlisted candidates and date and venue will be notified in the Institute website and intimation will also be sent only through e-mail.
- Final list of selected candidates will be notified in the Institute website.
How To Apply?:
- Applications will be received on-line only. The application for on-line registration will be available in the Institute web-site: www.iiap.res.in/iia_jobs/ during the period from 11-4-2016 to 13-5-2016.
- Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference.
- E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be provided in the application CORRECTLY and compulsorily.
- For those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertaking or Autonomous Bodies, the on-line application has to be invariably followed up with a ‘No objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned, duly indicating the name and Reg.No. on the reverse.
Important Dates To Remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 13/05/2016