Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed B.Sc, M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Junior Research Fellow on or before 20/06/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram)
Vacancy Name : Junior Research Fellow
Educational Qualification : B.Sc, M.Sc
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs.16,000-25,000/-pm
Job Location : Thiruvananthapuram
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 20/06/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram), Thiruvananthapuram
Detail Of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) Junior Research Fellow Recruitment:
Applications are invited from highly motivated Indian nationals for the position of “JRF” in a DBT sponsored project entitled “Morphometry and Phylogeography of honey bees and stingless bees in India Phase-II”.
- No. of positions : 1
- Qualifications : The candidate should have a minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the qualifying degree. Additional qualifications for JRF are: Post-graduate degree in any area of Basic Sciences in Biology with NET qualification, OR Graduate Degree in a Professional Course in Biology with NET qualification, OR Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course in Biology.
- In case a suitable candidate with above qualifications is not found, candidates with a Masters degree in Biological Sciences may be considered for the position of Project Assistant.
- Project details : This is a collaborative project involving researchers across the country. The goal of the project is to understand the phylogeographic structure of Indian bees, document their taxonomic diversity and conduct morphometric analyses. The primary duties of the JRF include sampling of stingless bees from various parts of India primarily from NE states, genotyping and analysis of data. The candidate will also be encouraged to take part in ongoing research in Vanasiri Evolutionary Ecology Group of Ullasa Kodandaramaiah. Selection of candidates will be based on relevant experience, academic record, publication record, motivation and aptitude for research.
- Age limit : 28yrs. A relaxation of 3-5 yrs will be applicable to SC/ST/OBC, women and physically handicapped candidates.
- Fellowship : JRF: 25,000/- per month + HRA. Project Assistant: Rs 16,000/- per month + HRA.
- Duration : 2 years (initial contract for 1 year, which can be extended by another year based on satisfactory performance)
Selection Procedure For Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) – Junior Research Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 20/06/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy in Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram):
Deadline – 20th June 2015. The application should contain a detailed resume, contact details including phone number, email and postal address, a photograph, photocopies of educational/professional qualifications, reprints of papers etc. Research experience should be supported by a certificate from the previous employer(s). Candidates should bring originals of all applicable certificates (qualifying degrees, national examinations, category certificate, etc) during the interview. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing for the interview. Applications failing to the meet minimum criteria will not be considered. Interviews may be conducted over skype videoconferencing in exceptional cases. Completed applications should reach Ullasa Kodandaramaiah by email ([email protected]) on or before 20th June 2015 WITH THE SUBJECT “Application for bee phylogeography JRF position- Name”. Dr Ullasa Kodandaramaiah. Mere fulfillment of qualifications/experience requirements does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Selected candidates will be intimated by email. No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates for not being called for interview, conduct and results of the interview.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 20/06/2015
06-12-2016 , 07-12-2016