Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed B.Sc, M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Junior Research Fellow on or before 23rd JUNE 2015.. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram)
Vacancy Name : Junior Research Fellow
Educational Qualification : B.Sc, M.Sc
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs.16,000-25,000/-pm
Job Location : Thiruvananthapuram
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 23rd JUNE 2015.
Address For The Job Vacancy : IISER – Thiruvananthapuram, Computer Science Building, College of Engineering Trivandrum Campus, Trivandrum – 695016, Kerala, India Phone : 0471 – 2597459/259
Detail Of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) Junior Research Fellow Recruitment:
Applications are invited from highly motivated Indian nationals for three JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) positions in a DBT sponsored project.
- Qualifications: The candidate should have a minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the qualifying degree. Additional qualifications for JRF are: Post-graduate degree in any area of Basic Sciences in Biology with NET qualification, OR Graduate Degree in a Professional Course in Biology with NET qualification, OR Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course in Biology In case a suitable candidate with the above qualifications is not found, candidates with a Masters degree in Biological Sciences may be considered for the position of Project Assistant.
- Project details: This is a collaborative project involving the research groups of Hema Somanathan, Ullasa Kodandaramaiah as well as from JNTBGRI and IISER Pune. The three JRF positions are under three sub projects:
- Project A1: Community plant-pollinator interactions at the landscape level.
- Project A2: Ecology and Conservation of freshwater Swamp Ecosystems of the Western Ghats – Kerala Region.
- Project A3: Comparative biogeography of plants of the Western Ghats.
- Projects A1 and A2 involve field work with extensive time spent in the study sites in Kerala as well as lab-based work at IISER-TVM or collaborating institutions at JNTBGRI or IISER Pune. Prior experience in carrying out field research in ecology as well as knowledge of data handling and statistics is desirable.
- Project A3 will involve some field work along with collaborators to sample plants. The major part of the work will involve DNA sequencing and phylogenetic analyses. The goal of the project is carry out historical biogeographic and phylogeographic analyses within a comparative biogeography framework to understand diversification of plants in the Western Ghats. The selected candidate will also be encouraged to take part in ongoing research in the Vanasiri Evolutionary Ecology Group.
- Age limit: 28yrs. A relaxation of 3-5 yrs will be applicable to SC/ST/OBC, women and physically handicapped candidates.
- Fellowship: JRF: 25,000/- per month + HRA. Project Assistant: Rs 16,000/- per month + HRA.
- Duration: Upto 3 years (initial contract for 1 year, which can be extended on a yearly basis contingent on satisfactory performance)
Selection Procedure For Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) – Junior Research Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 23rd JUNE 2015.
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy in Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram):
- DEADLINE – 23rd JUNE 2015. The application should contain a detailed resume, a one page statement of interest mentioning the project(s) of interest, contact details (phone number, email and postal address), a photograph, scans of educational/professional qualifications and reprints of papers. Research experience should be supported by a certificate from the previous employer(s). Candidates should bring originals of all applicable certificates (qualifying degrees, national examinations, category certificate, etc) during the interview. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing for the interview. Applications failing to the meet minimum criteria will not be considered. Interviews may be conducted over skype videoconferencing in exceptional cases. Completed applications should be sent by email to Hema Somanathan ([email protected]), CCed to Ullasa Kodandaramaiah ([email protected]), WITH THE SUBJECT LINE ‘Application for Plant Ecology / Plant-Animal Interactions JRF position – Your Name”.
- Dr Hema Somanathan and Dr Ullasa Kodandaramaiah.
- Note: Mere fulfillment of qualifications/experience requirements does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Selected candidates will be intimated by email. No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates for not being called for interview, conduct and results of the interview.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 23rd JUNE 2015.
OTHER TOP COMPANIES :
|Company Name||Number of
|Life Insurance Corporation of India||5,586|
|Staff Selection Commission Bihar||4,391|
|Union Public Service Commission||1,241|
|South Eastern Railway||663|
|West Bengal Public Service Commission||592|
|Chhattisgarh Rajya Gramin Bank||589|
|SBI Life Insurance||380|
|Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank||359|
|Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited / Visakhapatnam Steel Plant||353|
|Food Corporation of India||349|
|South Eastern Coalfields Limited||345|
|Mazagon Dock Limited||336|
|Airports Authority of India||322|
|Odisha Staff Selection Commission||305|
|Odisha Public Service Commission||298|