Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Post Doctoral Fellow through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Post Doctoral Fellow on or before 23/06/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram)
Vacancy Name : Post Doctoral Fellow
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs.36,000/-pm
Job Location : Thiruvananthapuram
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 23/06/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram), Thiruvananthapuram
Detail Of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) Post Doctoral Fellow Recruitment:
Applications are sought for a DBT funded postdoctoral position (Research Associateship-I) in plant phylogenetics and biogeography, under the Vanasiri Evolutionary Ecology Group of Ullasa Kodandaramaiah.
- Project details: This is a collaborative project involving Ullasa Kodandaramaiah and scientists from JNTBGRI. The goal of the project is carry out historical biogeographic and phylogeographic analyses within a comparative biogeography framework to understand the factors affecting evolution of distributions of plants in the Western Ghats mountain system in India. The duties of the selected candidate will include some field work along with collaborators to sample plants. The major part of the work will involve DNA sequencing and phylogenetic analyses. Collaborations on other projects in plant ecology/evolution between the fellow and our research group will be encouraged and facilitated. Candidates are welcome to contact me for more information about the project.
- Deadline: The formal application should reach by 23rd June 2015
- Salary: Rs. 36,000 per month + HRA
- Duration: Up to 3 years (initial contract will be for 1 year, but can be extended on a yearly basis contingent on satisfactory performance).
- Qualifications: The candidate should have a PhD in biological sciences, and a good publication record with papers in reputed, international peer-reviewed journals. Experience in phylogenetic work and familiarity with plant taxonomy will be an advantage. Willingness to collaborate with the research group on other projects will be a plus.
Selection Procedure For Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) – Post Doctoral Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 23/06/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Post Doctoral Fellow Vacancy in Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram):
Please send in your formal applications via email (with subject line “Application for Postdoctoral position in plant biogeography – Candidate name”) to email@example.com as a single PDF attachment that includes the following (i) complete CV with list of peer-reviewed publications, (ii) a detailed research proposal, and (iii) names of two, preferably three, referees who can provide recommendation letters Interviews will be conducted in person at IISER Thiruvananthapuram, the date for which will be intimated by email. For overseas candidates, interviews can be conducted over video-conference. Ullasa Kodandaramaiah. Mere fulfilment of qualifications/experience requirements does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. No TA/DA will be paid to attend the interviews. The selected candidate will be intimated by email. No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates for not being called for the interview, conduct and results of the interview.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 23/06/2015
21-02-2017 , 22-02-2017