Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bangalore) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Instructor/ Teaching Assistant through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D/ M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bangalore)
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Instructor/ Teaching Assistant Job on or before 12/01/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bangalore)|
|Vacancy Name||Instructor/ Teaching Assistant|
|Educational Qualification||M.Phil/Ph.d/ M.Sc|
|Total No of Vacancy||02 Post|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||12/01/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||The Dean, Undergraduate Programme, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-560012|
Detail of Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bangalore)Instructor/ Teaching Assistant Recruitment:
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), a leading institution for research in science and engineering, has opened its portals to undergraduate students by starting a 4-year Bachelor of Science (Research) Program in 2011. For further details regarding this program, please see the web site http://www.iisc.ernet.in/ug/
In this context, IISc invites applications for the positions of instructor and teaching assistant in the discipline of Chemistry & Physics respectively, to help in conducting the laboratory courses of the Bachelor of Science (Research) Program.
The applicant for the position of instructor can be a young PhD or an experienced faculty member, with a PhD degree in Chemistry with the requisite laboratory expertise, and a passion for teaching, especially laboratory instruction.
Applicants for the teaching assistant position must have a MSc degree in any branch of Physics.
These are contractual positions and candidates will be hired on a renewable (depending on satisfactory performance) annual contract, with a fixed salary based on experience, for a maximum duration of 5 years. The salary of an instructor will be fixed in the range from Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 35,000 plus HRA as admissible per month and the salary of a teaching assistant will be in the range from Rs.15,000/- to Rs.18,000/- (without HRA) per month.
- Job Description: The instructor should be prepared to take overall charge of the undergraduate teaching laboratories. He/she would be responsible for the maintenance of the laboratories and for conducting laboratory courses in consultation with the Institute faculty. He/she would also help design and evolve the laboratory/lecture curriculum and may also need to assist in the conduct of tutorial classes, course material preparation (both print and electronic versions) and evaluation of students. The teaching assistants would help the instructors in performing the above duties.
- Eligibility: Applications for the position of instructor are invited from candidates with the requisite qualification and specialization/experience indicated as follows.
- Chemistry: Ph.D. degree holder in Chemistry with Physical Chemistry specialization
Candidates with prior research/teaching experience will be preferred. Applicants for the teaching assistant position must have a MSc degree in any branch of Physics.
Selection Procedure for Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bangalore)- Instructor/ Teaching Assistant Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 12/01/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Instructor/ Teaching Assistant Vacancy in Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bangalore):
The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of their CV and performance in an interview conducted at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. The soft copy of CV/Application (current CV, account of past experience if any, statement of interest) should be sent by electronic mail to [email protected] addressed to The Dean, Undergraduate Programme, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-560012. Please mention in the e-mail subject line as Instructor-Chemistry and Teaching Assistants-Physics. Kindly note do not send any hard copy of your application. The last date of receiving the applications is January 12th, 2015 (Monday). Short–listed candidates will be called for an interview in the month of January/February 2015.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 12/01/2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IISc Bangalore|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|
24-02-2017 , 25-02-2017