Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Gandhinagar) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Post Doctoral Fellow through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Graduate, Post Graduate, Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Gandhinagar)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Post Doctoral Fellow Job on or before 30/4/2015 Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Gandhinagar)|
|Vacancy Name||Post Doctoral Fellow|
|Educational Qualification||Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate, M.Phil/Ph.d|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||30/4/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar Advertisement for Post Doctoral Fellow in Computational Aeroelasticity|
Detail of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Gandhinagar) Post Doctoral Fellow Recruitment:
- IIT Gandhinagar (IITGN) invites applications for 1 Post-Doctoral Fellow for research and development work on high fidelity computational aero elasticity/fluid structure interaction of transonic axial compressor blades. The work involves the computational assessment of the onset of flutter, dynamic stall, instabilities and limit cycle oscillations in transonic flow for the design of flutter free rotor blades.
- Candidates with expertise and/or interest in Computational Fluid Dynamics, Dynamics, Computational Structural Dynamics, High Speed Aerodynamics of Internal Flows, Reduced-Order Modelling techniques and High Performance Computing are welcomed to apply for this post. Candidates must have a PhD degree as well as a good Master’s and/or Bachelor’s degrees in Mechanical and/or Aerospace Engineering (with strong background in fluid mechanics, solid mechanics, and dynamics). Recent PhD or waiting for Defence after submission of thesis (if admissible). Candidates who have completed their earlier post-doctoral fellowship assignment are also eligible.
- S/He is expected to be strong in mathematical and numerical modelling of engineered systems, high performance computing programming skills for implementing high fidelity computational engineering algorithms and softwares on multi-core and accelerator based computing platforms and good communication skills. Familiarity with Linux Operating Systems and parallel computing will be useful. Familiarity and willingness to use and integrate open source computational engineering softwares such as OpenFOAM, SU2, Deal II and Dakota for the work is a must for this position. Interest in GPU/CUDA programming will be a welcome advantage as the computational work will use the Multi-core and GPU HPC Cluster at IITGN as well as resources on the Indian Grid Garuda and CDAC Param Yuva II.
Compensation will follow stipulated norms set by the Institute.
- Fellowship amount for a candidate will be fixed initially in the range of Rs.45,000 to Rs.60,000 pm depending on qualifications and experience. This range may be revised upwards periodically, typically once a year, to keep up with inflation. However, depending on qualifications and experience of the candidate, offer of fellowship amount can also be lower than this range.
- Initial appointment will be for 1 year with the possibility of renewal for another year depending on performance. Upon completion of one year, based on a performance review, the fellowship amount may be enhanced by up to (RI +3) percent where RI is the prevailing rate of inflation. A sum of Rs. 11,000 be provided as HRA in lieu of campus housing.
- A sum of Rs. 1.00 lakh per year may be provided for reimbursement of professional expenses on travel, books, stationary, laptop, etc. This will be handled in the same manner as the Central Professional Development Fund of faculty is being handled by the Institute. The PDF is primarily targeted to do fulltime research in conjunction with a faculty at IIT Gandhinagar along with a few hours of teaching/ tutorials/ laboratory instructions per week.
- Medical benefits for self, spouse and children may be provided at par with those provided to the faculty of IITGN.
- Leave: PDF will be provided with 2.5 days leave per month; this may be accumulated up to 90 days
Selection Procedure for Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Gandhinagar)- Post Doctoral Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 30/4/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Post Doctoral Fellow Vacancy in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Gandhinagar):
- Those interested are requested to download the application package from http://www.iitgn.ac.in/staff-oncontract.htm, e-mail a single zipped file containing (1)Application Form, (2) Curriculum vitae, (3) List of courses done, (4) Details of project work done , (5)List of referees and their contact details and (6) a 1-2 page statement of purpose outlining your suitability, the skill sets which you will bring and apply in the research area to RDM@iitgn.ac.in.
- Please note that your single zipped file should be named as <your last name>_pdf_gtre.zip. Candidates shortlisted for the interview are to submit the hardcopies of all these documents, if they are selected. Incomplete application forms i.e. resume only and applications without statement of purpose will be ignored. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed to appear before a selection committee for interview.
- The last date for application is 30 April 2015.
- For any queries regarding the research areas, please feel free to contact Professor Murali Damodaran at email@example.com
Important dates to remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 30/4/2015